LegacyGT.com

Yet another HID Kit Review: APEXCONE Raptor V2

alaskajoel

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes.. i know i'm terrible at taking pictures. they suck. sorry. anyways -- this is the 55W kit. 5000K.

and the glare is from the squirrel finders -- i'm gonna have to fix that eventually. didn't have time today to pull out the headlights.

oh yeah, the first pic... my driveway is slanted a bit so that's why it's crooked. it's not an alignment issue.

i've only driven with them for about a total of 3 minutes, but so far i love them! such a huge improvement over stock.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81390&stc=1&d=1268008688

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81391&stc=1&d=1268008724

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=81392&stc=1&d=1268008724

IMG_0003.thumb.jpg.423a2138100dc70b45b8326222aaad37.jpg

IMG_0004.thumb.jpg.b9e135b809315c5fa191c8656235da75.jpg

IMG_0005.thumb.jpg.49d9d0c8187d118e7824113765d76d48.jpg

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Im thinking of going with the 4500k's, i know what the light output looks like at 35W i want to know if they are going to be too washed out with 55w.. maybe i should get 5000k 55w to achieve the 4500k look. Also just wondering if anyone notices with the 55w kit if the light output is so intense that it scateres the lights and defeats the purpouse of the "cut off line" projectors housing..

wow my 55w kit came way faster this time (less than a week!) so i installed em and right off the bat i can tell they look way brighter.

Jmhm17 ill tell you all about the 4500k 55w combo later tonight (i was too lazy to put in the 5000k bulbs)

but so far they look very white w/ just a kiss of blue.

just for the record the 55w ballast look EXACTLY like the generic looking 35w ballasts,same size, width, etc.

heres a crappy cell phone pic, 35w on left 55w on right. 4500k

wow thats really bright, i dont want it to look like i have the sun coming from the front of my car and piss other drivers off.. im sure the pic dose not do it justice, but is the light that blinding?

so im taking it the best combo for getting the brightest purest (not bluest ricest blinding) lights is the 55W 5000k? I had mclauch (sp) HID's in my srt4 they were 5400K 35W w/ harness and i thought they were perfect, maybe a little blue, but now with diff. company and them being in a projector housing i have no idea what its going to look like. i want the Acura HID look and performance if not better..

im thinking 55W 5000k kit??

But tell me what the issue is with the 4500k kit i wana know

its bright but not suntan bright, it looks way better imo! i wasnt happy with the 35w kit at all (at least not from this maker, ive installed OTHER brand 35w kits and they were brighter than this vendors 35w kits)

anyhow nothing wrong with 4500k, just that i HAD 35w ballasts and it was not bright enough imo, so i bought another kit from them but this time i ordered up the 5000k bulbs.

i was in a rush to install them so i left the 4500k bulbs in and just wired up the 55w ballasts.

honestly think im leaving the 4500k bulbs in as they seem just right to me (see pics)

if one burns out i have the bnib 5000k bulbs as backups. I now have the 35w ballast just sitting here so i might just buy the bulbs from them for my fogs and use them for that.

keep in mind these are crappy cell phone pics so it has a bit of glare due to that, they look like nemos in person (see his pics above)

hmm i think im going to order up the 5000k 55w kit.. but i feel like im going to regret it.. how much of a difference is 500K going to make? maybe i should go 4500k. errr i cant decide!! i want to order them now.. :(

i think im going to sleep on it...

^ FWIW -- from lucas' pics... his looks a TAD yellower than mine (5000k) does. however it could just be his cell phone bics :lol:
If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

well the debate is done for me atleast i got the 5000k 55W kit.. cant wait to install them.. i did not purches the harness, from reading this thread it seems like its not needed, plus from past expierence installing the harness in a tight engine bay is a pain in the ass... my last car was heavily modified so giving electrical power to my head lights was not really a priority so having the harness was kind of a safe gaurd, not sure if i really need it or not for this car..

^ if you were going to do both fogs and low beams, it has been recommended that you use wiring harnesses.

just my .02

no fog option for me, i might get them eventualy im trying to find a decent set of aftermarket ones but i like the stockers best (clean look, but damn expensive it bought from subie), im kind of agenst hid's in the fogs, i think its over kill and a waste, i usiwaly get yellow fog bulbs and go for the is300 look, plus it helps in the winter with hids reflecting the snow so much...

nim kind of agenst hid's in the fogs, i think its over kill and a waste...

The more forward light, the better (and given that you prefer the yellower lighting to-compliment, that itself is going to cause some light loss) - as long as there's thought given to the discomfort incurred to oncoming and also to you, in terms of back-scatter, which is most apparent in dense fog and snow.

However, given the optics of our factory fogs, both are rather unlikely, no matter how bright you go or how much you alter factory aim.

There's both pros and cons of using either HIDs or overwattage standard halogen incandescents in the factory fog application - it'll be a compromise, no matter which way you go.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ That's old theory. ;) It doesn't hold up to actual science. Daniel Stern's Lighting Consultancy website has a good summary about this, under the "selective yellow" lighting section.

The truth of the matter, as it is understood today, is that for some of us, our eye/brain "takes more kindly" to yellower/amber-hue light - what's called "firelight" by some (and this is taken another step further by yet others, who say that it's because of the way man evolved, with night-time vision so long associated with the color of fire-produced light). But the effect is actually only subjective: it makes us *think* we're seeing better - that this comforting effect doesn't translate to true performance improvements, at least when it comes to night-driving, and certainly not when it comes to foul-weather. outahere, whose lighting knowledge approaches the "guru" level and is a fellow member here on LGT.com led me to this article - http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/handle/2027.42/49453 .

So, basically, remember:

Although you may be more comfortable - and thus more confident - driving in adverse weather with "selective yellow" lighting, it's a false comfort, and that you should still slow-to-reasonable based on the actual conditions. :)

Again, that's not to say that there's anything wrong with using "selective yellow" forward lighting under such conditions. Improving driver comfort is a good thing.

Rather, just remember that being more comfortable/confident should not mean that you're driving faster than conditions should allow.

You don't want to be that "Subris" guy on the Click and Clack show. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived