LegacyGT.com

Yet another HID Kit Review: APEXCONE Raptor V2

alaskajoel

OR I realized I should have ordered the harness to go with it and wanted to change my order before it was shipped out. It's plastered all over their website to call this number or email this address blah blah blah. No response from anything. I rather not spend 15 dollars in shipping again if I dont have to

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess your only running one HID kit on each car....

if so.. for people who is planning on running two or more HID kits on one car.. run a wire relay harness.. enjoi*

Wrong..... Lows 55W 6k and 35W 6K fogs Subie 06 LGT without any harness

And...........

Again, ya'll oughtta relax about order vs. ship time to account for thousands of orders, popularity, price and opening a 2nd store to serve more people with a fantastic product.

Wrong..... Lows 55W 6k and 35W 6K fogs Subie 06 LGT without any harness

And...........

Again, ya'll oughtta relax about order vs. ship time to account for thousands of orders, popularity, price and opening a 2nd store to serve more people with a fantastic product.

Well, good for you man! It must be just my car then.. :redface:

if you really wanted to be funny could you not get DDM HID kit high and low beams because they do carry the the bulbs. I would figure just 5k low H7 and 8k 9005 plus for high?? Blind ever Fcker that didn't turn his high beams down lol.:spin:

^ Agreed - that's a serious shortcoming of the twin-bulb setup - unless the HID is already burning and the lighting output thus "instantaneous," the delay is just simply unsafe, period.

For those of you seeking a brighter-than-hell high-beam to compliment even a 55W 4500-6000K setup, go with the HIR solution. It fires instantaneously and its brightnes/reach can be appreciated even well above what a 55W plug-and-play can throw out.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

which 55w kit would offer the most white light? i bought the 4500k 35w kit and im not liking it that much, A. its not that bright (my biggest peeve and B. i dont like the blue/purple f & f hue... dont mind a little blue but i want white with a hint of blue. (oem hid style)

or should i just go with d2's?

^ In all honesty, from your posting above, I get the feeling that nothing short of a full-optics retrofit would be acceptable for you.

There's a couple of reasons why you could think that the 35W 4500K isn't "bright enough," and that includes both its lack of horizontal spread (a limitation of the optics) as well as the increased foreground brightness/artifacts. These are concerns that only a true full-optics retrofit will be able to address.

Similarly, unless you've been sent the wrong color bulbs, the fact that you think that 4500K is somewhat blue also likely suggests that your eyes may simply take better to yellower light - have you tried using the +65 Osram Rallye/Hyper bulbs?

Finally, just to be sure that all ground is covered: :)

Obviously, you should check your headlight aim, but also check the condition of your outer lenses. Although '05 wasn't that long ago, it's still possible that your outer lenses have been significantly degraded, and require restoration to allow for good light passage.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ In all honesty, from your posting above, I get the feeling that nothing short of a full-optics retrofit would be acceptable for you.

There's a couple of reasons why you could think that the 35W 4500K isn't "bright enough," and that includes both its lack of horizontal spread (a limitation of the optics) as well as the increased foreground brightness/artifacts. These are concerns that only a true full-optics retrofit will be able to address.

Similarly, unless you've been sent the wrong color bulbs, the fact that you think that 4500K is somewhat blue also likely suggests that your eyes may simply take better to yellower light - have you tried using the +65 Osram Rallye/Hyper bulbs?

Finally, just to be sure that all ground is covered: :)

Obviously, you should check your headlight aim, but also check the condition of your outer lenses. Although '05 wasn't that long ago, it's still possible that your outer lenses have been significantly degraded, and require restoration to allow for good light passage.

you honestly read my mind, i thought about the Osrams but these cars eat bulbs like nothing.

heres a crappy pic, as you can see output isnt all that great.

to be honest i think these kits are obliviously on the CHEAP side, ive installed 6 kits so far on my friends cars ALL 35w (one guy has actually gone thru 3 actually, i just installed the 5000k 35w on his scion)

and he noted this kit was alot dimmer than his previous kits...

post a pic of the light output, im curious to see it...

def will. just have no idea when it will ship out and I'll get it :lol:

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

you honestly read my mind, i thought about the Osrams but these cars eat bulbs like nothing.

^ Most of us have had better luck with the Osrams lasting longer, but indeed, if eating through standard incandescents is a problem on your specific vehicle (and I truly believe that this is a unique-vehicle issue, that some of our '05s just suffer more from it than others), then you truly might be better off with an HID setup.

heres a crappy pic, as you can see output isnt all that great.

^ To me, if "my eyes" were the camera's, from that pic, what I'd have a problem with would be how narrow the field-of-view happens to be - and also seemingly how much light there is so close to the car, which can effectively cause you to see less of what's farther away.

to be honest i think these kits are obliviously on the CHEAP side, ive installed 6 kits so far on my friends cars ALL 35w (one guy has actually gone thru 3 actually, i just installed the 5000k 35w on his scion)

and he noted this kit was alot dimmer than his previous kits...

^ That's very interesting. I wonder - anyone do a back-to-back, same-product comparison of the nature of bugblatterbeast's wonderful work here?

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99296&highlight=HID+comparison

Maybe it's the bulb?

the op posted did note these are dimmer, i should have read the 1st post better

quote "At 6000k, light output was marginally better than other 6000k 35w hid offerings. I say 35w because I have used other 55w kits that seemed to produce substantially more light, however at those levels there is little to gain in terms of more visibility. Pictures Below:"

i can honestly say this 35w kit is way dimmer than other kits ive installed, my buddy can attest (hes only used 35w kits and his last kit was APEXCONE, he just always has a ballast die on him after a yr or so) i did all 3 installs.

my personal fav and his was the apexcone 35w 4300k kit, thats why i got the 4500k myself. i honestly think the kit i got is NOT apexcone (see my other posts a page or two back) its just some generic ballasts.

^ Or they could've switched suppliers?

Finally got a hold of someone at DDM (Justin), seems that you can get through if you check shipping status (extension 4). Not to reassuring though, they are gonna ship my order they said sometime after the 10th because they are out of the 35W bulbs, though when I contacted them before, they said they had the 35W and were just waiting for the harnesses... soooooooooooooooooooo ... hopefully when I get my kit it isn't cheap generic crapola. I still have faith...

Maybe...

habitual derail-er

Finally got a hold of someone at DDM (Justin), seems that you can get through if you check shipping status (extension 4). Not to reassuring though, they are gonna ship my order they said sometime after the 10th because they are out of the 35W bulbs, though when I contacted them before, they said they had the 35W and were just waiting for the harnesses... soooooooooooooooooooo ... hopefully when I get my kit it isn't cheap generic crapola. I still have faith...

Maybe...

Trust me, its worth the wait. I was getting a little irritated with the order/shipping process, but after installing the lights, all was forgiven....

After reading all this I feel really bad for you guys. I ordered my kit on a Monday and received it two days later, on Wednesday. Tracking # was put out almost immediately as well... but yes, like C-Shop said, this kit is worth the wait since the price can't be matched.

Archived