LegacyGT.com

Yet another HID Kit Review: APEXCONE Raptor V2

alaskajoel

So yea, I got around to testing to see what my lights are actually throwing out. With reports that it looks like its "Washed down" one level.

On my 55w 6k's I got a colour temperature of around 5400. Still great lights, just thought I'd give you guys a number to work with.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ I received my notification last night as well except it will not arrive till Friday. Gay!

yup, i was told saturday they would ship, no notification! i hate slow shippers, i honestly dont mind paying extra premium if its shipped right away.

not good business practice imo.

yup, i was told saturday they would ship, no notification! i hate slow shippers, i honestly dont mind paying extra premium if its shipped right away.

not good business practice imo.

I understand your side, I really do, but I saw somewhere that they sold 21,000 kits in the month of December. They are absolutely swamped and I would be a little more patient, especially with the fantastic deal they are giving.

I understand your side, I really do, but I saw somewhere that they sold 21,000 kits in the month of December. They are absolutely swamped and I would be a little more patient, especially with the fantastic deal they are giving.

I heard the same thing. They push major volume, so when you put your order in, it may not be ready to ship until a week or 2 later.

On the search for a new DD...

hey alaskajoel, nice write up. so i have a couple of questions. i bought the apexcone ddm HID kit back in 2007 (when it was $300 :() and have had tons of issues with it. a ballast went bad, a bulb went out, the lights don't survive crank, etc.

so, these new ones survive the crank? as in, u have the lights turned on before u crank up the engine, and they'll still be on after? also, did you notice any flickering issues? the ddm kit i have sucks, but they do honor their lifetime warranty without much hassle. i'm wondering if i should go VOLT or just buy a new ddm kit.

So I got mine installed but have some weird issues with the light alignment and all. It seems like my lights are pointed way down and reflecting really narrow.

I tried adjusting the vertical alignment, but I felt like I had to adjust it a lot to see little improvement. Am I just missing something here or what? Are my bulbs mounted incorrectly? I know i had one upside down, but changed that. I swear the light is suppose to be much fuller.

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/5013/photopl.jpg

hey alaskajoel, nice write up. so i have a couple of questions. i bought the apexcone ddm HID kit back in 2007 (when it was $300 :() and have had tons of issues with it. a ballast went bad, a bulb went out, the lights don't survive crank, etc.

so, these new ones survive the crank? as in, u have the lights turned on before u crank up the engine, and they'll still be on after? also, did you notice any flickering issues? the ddm kit i have sucks, but they do honor their lifetime warranty without much hassle. i'm wondering if i should go VOLT or just buy a new ddm kit.

I've had both of the kits you refer to. These are better not only in build quality, but also in output and reliability. I've had them installed on my car for several weeks now and they have yet to fail or flicker in any way. They start up EVERY time. I always leave the lights in the 'on' position, and i've never had a problem.

Another example some of us may be familiar with...I also rock a 1000 watt system in my car with a single 12" 600 watt sub. I can turn it up all the way, and still get zero flicker from the headlights...something my old halogens couldn't do.

Check out the video of the start up...It's a very accurate example of what you can expect.

So I got mine installed but have some weird issues with the light alignment and all. It seems like my lights are pointed way down and reflecting really narrow.

I tried adjusting the vertical alignment, but I felt like I had to adjust it a lot to see little improvement. Am I just missing something here or what? Are my bulbs mounted incorrectly? I know i had one upside down, but changed that. I swear the light is suppose to be much fuller.

It looks like your bulbs are not properly mounted in the housings. I had something similar to this happen on an 08 wrx where the bulb was slightly askew...IE: the h7 bulb has notches in it that allows it to sit probably in the housing one way...if it's not perfect (but close) you can still get the retention clips on, but the bulb will not be deep enough in the housing to get the proper output.

I just installed my 35w 3000k Fog lights and 55w 5000k Low Beams...

The Fog lights looks awesome..

The Low Beams.. well, "one bulb" worked and looked really nice.. I dunno what happened to other bulb.. it flickered then died.. I just contacted DDM Tuning via submitted a ticket in there website for return/warranty/replacement issues and ordered another set of H7 5000k bulbs for spare.. I'll just sit back and wait till they contact me to see whats going on with the "one bulb" that didn't stay on.. As of right now I have the Fog Lights hooked up and really happy about them with the stock low beam bulbs on..

so how many people are ordering the wiring harness with the 55w kits?? they are out of stock and I was thinking of getting 55w 5000k

It says on the ddm page that most Euro and American cars can run the light kits w/o the harness

anyone have issues with burning up wires?

so how many people are ordering the wiring harness with the 55w kits?? they are out of stock and I was thinking of getting 55w 5000k

It says on the ddm page that most Euro and American cars can run the light kits w/o the harness

anyone have issues with burning up wires?

I ordered the wiring harness just in case, but didn't install it and haven't had problems yet.

Got my bulbs mounted correctly now. For those who might have the same issue, the notch in the h7 bulb needs to sit at about 7 o'clock when looking at the back of the headlight, it should notch into place.

I LOVE these lights. Honestly, if you haven't already installed HIDs on your legacy, there is no reason why you shouldn't today. I drove home from Park City the whole night in aw how much more I could see and never had to use my hi-beams once. Best $40 I ever spent.

I got the 55w 6000K. The light is actually pretty white, hard to see any blue.

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/7186/photo2lu.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9562/photo1hu.jpg

Has anyone installed the 55W 6000K's in the fogs on an 09 LGT, does it melt? I want the color to match on the fogs and low beams, and was going to go with 55W 6k's in both, any feedback is much appreciated. I looked through the thread and didn't see anyone with an 09 report back on the melting?

Thanks.

habitual derail-er

Just a little side note:

I've been having a radio issue for the last little while. I'm rocking a Pioneer In-dash z110bt navi/dvd player, and if I turned on the headlights when the headunit was playing, the sound would turn off completely. Additionally, the fm/am radio quality was significantly reduced if the HIDs were on. The only way to get the sound to come back was start the car again.

Both problems were fixed with a wire relay harness. I imagine a lot of you won't have a problem unless you have an aftermarket headunit because the stock vehicles i've put this kit in never suffered from such problems, but if you do...the harness fixes it.

More info on the problem can be found in this thread from avic411: http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=30769

Archived