LegacyGT.com

Official Test for NTD Throttle Control Unit

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
will this work with my 4eat?

Yes.

and if so is it worth it for auto trans?

And, yes.

From post #124:

This is my first review on a product purchased for my car, so please bare with me :redface:

Got to play with it again tonight on my local highway. On-ramps with 4EAT sport mode disengaged and ETD sport 7, there is definitely more pull from a complete stop. Same goes on a roll in 2nd accelerating to 60 and shifting into 3rd.

With sport mode engaged on the 4EAT, along with the ETD sport mode, there is a noticeable difference. It is definitely more responsive, especially from sport 3 upwards to 7, and 3rd gear does not feel as doggish in normal mode.

Now for a little comparison test. I did 60 to 70 MPH runs (did not want to attract any attention) in 3rd and started with sport 1, and kept the pedal depressed at 20% and gradually went up the sport levels. The throttle became more and more responsive the higher I leveled up, and going from 60 to 70 MPH became quicker each time.

NOTE: There may be inconsistencies in these test runs as the highway I tested on is not completely level ground with gradual inclines and declines.

I haven't yet decided where to permanently mount it and all the while during the testing, held it in my hand or placed it below the shifter. I was also under the impression that the controller would revert back to normal mode after shutting the car off, but when I started my car back up since the initial run a few hours earlier, it was still in eco mode, where I left it :confused: Any insight to this, Panson, before I 'restart' it?

As this is my first testing/review on a performance modification for my car, any and all criticism or suggestions for further testing would be greatly appreciated and received, and I hope what I contributed so far is helpful even in the slightest :redface::)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got mine today! Gonna install it this weekend. Any tips before I do?

Also just opened up the boxes and to verify I got the 1B harness and and on the controller is says S3: BMW & MINI? Is this correct? I have a bad feeling...

2006 Legacy sedan N/A

• 2 weeks later...

We are the 1st to bring this product on LGT. Pls check my posts back 3~4 years ago and you will find it.

While all the other similar items are at 3 steps or 12 steps, we have updated our version to 16 adjustable steps 2 years ago.

We are open to any question.

Sincerely,

Panson

This looks like the same unit available from AVO TurboWorld.

I hafta say I've been very pleased with my throttle controller :). I've had it since August and it's made the 2.5i feel like a different car. It allows me to drive like a grandma when I have people in the car :lol: or I'm letting my girlfriend drive it, since even though its a 2.5i, its alot faster than her civic and she likes the power lol its also fun to adjust it as ur driving and watch peoples reactions as the torque kicks in and they snap back in the seat lol

Archived