LegacyGT.com

Official Test for NTD Throttle Control Unit

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So has the latest version improved on some issues I found with mine which is from 2009? I had some pretty scary issues with my unit losing its memory if you bumped the ODBII wiring. All of a sudden full throttle would only open the throttle maybe 5%. I had a few close calls around town and merging onto the highway with that. Also, it always seemed kind of choppy. What I mean by that is it didn't seem to operate as smoothly as the stock throttle opening. I found you could feel the different steps as it opened it 5% at a time.

Make sure the OB plug is seated firmly and also check to see inthe pins in the plug are seated as well. Also you must move your foot around a lot b/c I get no where near the OBD plug while driving.

Your unit may be defective if you aren't experiencing similar results as others have.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Our kit comes w/ safety bypass. If any hardware failure happened, ATC kit will bypass signal back to stock condition.

Sincerely,

Panson

*So if I somehow accidently hit the plug that is attached to OBD port and disconnect the unit, are you saying everything returns to stock? How is that possible if the unit isn't powered? Or maybe I'm reading wrong. :confused:

Well besides being able to choose throttle profiles, how it it not the same? Basically all this does is either give you more or less throttle depending on if your in sport or eco right? I can see possibly if this helped with the dbw throttle lag.. then it might be worth the investment. But otherwise.. not so much imo

Well besides being able to choose throttle profiles, how it it not the same? Basically all this does is either give you more or less throttle depending on if your in sport or eco right? I can see possibly if this helped with the dbw throttle lag.. then it might be worth the investment. But otherwise.. not so much imo

DWB lag is gone in mine, so you answered your own question, and I noticed a big diff in the pull and the way the car run. I am sure they will school you soon keep checking this topic.:spin:

• 4 weeks later...
mmm I never buy extended war, I told the last guy if it cant make it till 36k with out a problem then it is junk, but hey it still runing strong, If your having wierd tranny probs might take it in but mine is jerky some times like your saying, i just learn to deal with it. Plus this device I do not think will take care of that but lets see what they say. It does work great.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived