LegacyGT.com

Official Test for NTD Throttle Control Unit

I bought this throttle controller a few years ago. Lately my car is throwing an intermittent low accelerator input voltage error. Car goes into limp mode and I have to disconnect the TC and clear code in order for it to recover. Not fun when it happens on highway :( . I have checked all cabling and re-done setup. No joy. Has anyone else run into this problem?

That being said, it's worked very well for several years until now.

- Richard

I've had mine for a few years as well, and my car has been going into limp mode quite a few times lately (you're 100% right about it when it happens on the highway, pretty dangerous to have the car lose throttle while traveling in the passing lane and trying to make it all the way over to the shoulder).

I've noticed after about half a minute of letting the car sit after turning off, I can turn it back on without having the motor rev to 3-3.5k RPM's by itself.

Is this an issue with the older versions?

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it happened for me, the engine would not rev past 1000RPM. Shutting engine down for 30 secs or so also temporarily fixed it for me. Something to keep in mind is that I live in Montreal and the winters can get very cold. Not unusual to be -20C outside and my car is not garaged. I suspect that this may have contributed to this issue after a few years.

That being said, I got a new unit from Panson a couple of weeks ago, and no issues at all. :)

When it happened for me, the engine would not rev past 1000RPM. Shutting engine down for 30 secs or so also temporarily fixed it for me. Something to keep in mind is that I live in Montreal and the winters can get very cold. Not unusual to be -20C outside and my car is not garaged. I suspect that this may have contributed to this issue after a few years.

That being said, I got a new unit from Panson a couple of weeks ago, and no issues at all. :)

Sounds like mine though when it's in drive. Throttle cuts out, and I can only rev up to 1000RPM. I'll have to get a new unit from him and see if it fixes it, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
pansontw - can you send me some more info on the pros for having this and what a quote would be for an 09 legacy 2.5i auto to 97222? I tried to read up on this thread but thought you might be able to pm me info as well. Thanks!

PM'd you!

• 3 months later...
Wow what I just read sounds exactly like what happendto me the other day my throttle died Rpms stay at 2k untill I was able to turn the car off. Pansontw I just sent you a pm about and hour or so ago. Do you do replacement or would I need to buy a whole new unit? I'm lost without it lol car feels so blah with out it.

My second unit died about a month ago. This time I was on highway and had absolutely no throttle response and had to coast to the shoulder. I ended up disconnecting all the controller cables. This happened again after winter so I'm thinking that this unit is not rated for sub-zero temps. I really miss having it. But am a little hesitant about buying same brand this time. Unless Panson can convince me otherwise ;)

I seem to be having the same problems as the other people, lost all throttle response on the highway twice now, and just the other day had to un install it because when it was on and the car was in drive, the accelerator would go on its own without touching pedal, would only get to 50 km and would just stay at that, but a scary moment nonetheless.

Yeah I think they need to re in force the or hard wire it to the obd plug that goes into the obd. The wiring on mine got worn over the two years I had it and that's what caused mine to blow the ignition b fuse and make me loose my throttle. Extremely good product over all but they need to reinforce there wires to there plugs

Agreed regarding adding some strain relief to the wires in the ODB connector. The connector pins on both units I owned were a bit flimsy. Also agreed that it is a great product and adds quite a bit of fun-factor to driving the car. I miss having it.

Archived