LegacyGT.com

2.5i Subaru 25mm Front sway bar.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ran mine for more than a year, and the inserts never came apart. I'm pretty sure kartboy is the only one to carry the inserts. idk.

Is this the one you bought? Sounds like the cheaper endlinks wear out quickly and the AVO's are probably too short for the Perrin bar anyways.

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/servlet/the-3835/Kartboy-Subaru-Legacy-GT/Detail

Reading through this thread it seems like the Tribeca front sway bar upgrade is specific for the 05 and newer 2.5i models.

Do any of you guys know if this would be a viable upgrade on my 04 BH 2.5i legacy wagon?

I just got a 22mm rear sway in and i need to balance it out with a beefier front bar. I noticed some back end wagging on the icy mountain roads that is a bit sketchy at times. The Tribeca bar seems like it would be perfect, not to mention cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tribeca sway bar and Forester endlinks fit perfect on my 2.5i Outback. However the rear Perrin bar barely fit without hitting the exhaust. Also I just realized that the Outback rear suspension is angled differently than the Legacy. The Kartboy endlinks did not fit. I had to bring it to the dealer and they traded me for some Whiteline endlinks. Otherwise it looks good to go. Used the Energy suspension heavy duty bushings and synthetic Mobil 1 grease.

Will post some photos and more feedback later.

• 2 weeks later...
Now, do most of you auto-x with the 2.5i? Anyone go from 19-22mm setups to this setup? Reason I'm asking is because I currently have the Rallitek 19mm RSB installed with stock endlinks on a daily driver with a bit of spirited driving, and I'm thinking of doing the 25mm f/r setup just to satisfy my "what if" curiosity of going as big as I can.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I dont Auto-X yet, but here's some general knowledge I've learned from XenonK, the track whore of LGT.com :lol:

I think it's just better to spend that money (as opposed to bigger sways) on the shocks.. too much bar will cause the inside tire to lift up because the opposite side shock will be under full compression and the spring will also be not stiff enough to keep the bar affective.. if you go too big, it'll show and you'll probably end up giving up overall grip.. better start becoming the smoothest driver out there to make it work.

Also, dont forget that you'll need stickier tires to keep up with bigger sways. Big sways + mediocre tires = slip n slide

Yea, I read that too haha, but was he referring to auto-x, daily driving, or both? I don't think I drive spiritedly enough to put the opposite side shock under full compression. Then again, I may be wrong. I'm also running on ContinentalExtreme DWS all-seasons, which I know is mediocre. This is my suspension wish list:

Tribeca 25mm FSB with Forester endlinks

Perrin 25mm RSB with Kartboy endlinks

AVO mount brackets

Energy Suspension bushings

Right now, springs+shocks/coilovers will have to wait until I get a summer job, or maybe even later.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

My Nokian WR-G2's are about as sticky as a tire gets. Not a performance tire but still seems like a good fit for these bars. I can tell the tires need to be strong to handle the stiff 25mm bars.

This has dramatically improved the handling, reduced the wicked Outback body roll and even helps going over speed bumps.

2.jpg.41d8006771ebb12c7258c4b065282e01.jpg

3.jpg.09da7d27d785a0e6dd1e2a78eb10a8d9.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I'm thinking the 25mm front TriBeCa swaybar paired with one of the new Hancock 22mm rear bars might be a perfect setup and a bit more neutral than stock. Does this sound right?

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• 3 months later...

spirited driving on a S curve road. rear will slide progressively on s1 evo tyres. just need to catch it. good compliments from my peers who have driven my car.

Sus setup: Aragosta Coils 9K/8K Springrate, Front & Rear Carbing Strut Bars, Cusco 23mm/21mm Sway Bars with AVO Mount & Kartboy Endlinks, Corazon Rear 2point brace

• 1 month later...
That should be a safe bet. Although, the rear forester links are some of the most stout ones i've ever seen on a subaru next to the tribeca ones. IIRC, the rear forester, and F/R Tribeca ones are the only all metal ones i've seen.

Archived