LegacyGT.com

2.5i Subaru 25mm Front sway bar.

I'm a little concerned that the stock endlink length may be too short actually...

shtbxr22, could you measure the length of your endlinks? Mine are right around 60mm in length, center to center..

thanks

Andrew

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not using stock endlinks. also it looks like your links in the picture will work. i'll have to measure them tomorrow.

When you check, can you also look to see if there's any evidence of contact between the tie rod and the bar?

I'm still trying to track down a bar - would prefer not to have to buy a new one if I can...

ok, I'm ready to pull the pin on the B9 Tribeca bar - FredBeans will do it for better than the $58 trademotion pricing so the price is definitely right!

Now, I need to decide what rear bar to mate it with... I'm currently running the JDM GT 20mm bar which won't be enough I don't think.

shtbxr22 is running the Perrin 25mm on full stiff... I'm concerned about the winter here in Ontario - if I set it to full soft for the winter, will it be safe enough? I don't want any snap oversteer.... :eek:

BTW - Perrin has their bars on sale right now, PLUS a 14% promo discount code... and Fred Beans will match/beat their pricing :)

no worries on the measurement... i'll order the bar and see how it goes.

can you comment any further on the match between the tribeca bar and your 25mm Perrin rsb?

i just posted in the suspension/brakes forum regarding the setup - i need to decide today whether to order the 22mm or 25mm rear bar...

i'm leaning towards the 22mm bar to keep the setup as balanced as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

picked up my sways yesterday, will install rear first then do the front if i have time. Went with 22mm rear on recommendation from Perrin considering my winter driving requirements here in the Great White North.

Also bought energy suspension polyurethane bushings with brackets for the front bar so that should make a difference too i'm hoping. i'm thinking about painting the bar red to match the rear Perrin.... Bushings are red.

I plan on getting the AVO rear sway bar + endlinks + reinforcement brackets....then just stick with the stock front swaybar. The wagons seem to really benefit by getting a new rear sway from what everyone says.

Painted (first coat) the Tribeca bar tonight - red to match the Perrin rsb. Will do a second coat tomorrow morning as need to let it dry overnight :icon_neut

Means I won't get the front in tomorrow, unless I have enough time in the evening...

I will do the rear upgrade in the morning though and hopefully get out to test the difference over the JDM 20mm rsb.

I'll post pics of the newly painted front bar tomorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...

i wish :-)

getting married this Saturday... so needless to say, it's been a bit hectic. I should be able to do it early next week. Been dying to install it. It's all painted and ready to go. (just noticed I said I would post pics of the painted bar - i'll try to post a pic or two tomorrow.

alright, here are a couple pics of the painted bar... i picked up energy suspension poly swaybar mounts too, hopefully they bolt up easy enough.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG1740.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG1739.jpg

Just to be clear you can order a 25mm bar from Perrin ??/ or is this the Tribeca bar ? Looking to add the F/R sways SOON have priced the Perrin bar but the Tribeca bar seems just as beefy and forester endlinks are easy to come by

the 25mm bar referred to in this thread is the B9 Tribeca FSB, available from any Subaru dealer - Fred Beans has good pricing though and comes recommended... (for both the Perrin and Subaru parts)

I haven't had a chance to install mine yet - it'll have to wait until the end of the month as we're off on our honeymoon tomorrow :)

[quote

parts list:

(1) 25mm tribeca bar: 20401XA00A

(2) Forester Rear end links: 20470SA011

(2) Tribeca sway bushings: 20414XA01A

Retail-$179.87

I was gonna do the front & rear 25 mm swaybar instal and right before ordering all the parts, I decided to measure the end links. My rear OE end links on my 2008 Legacy 2.5i are 90 mm from centrepoint to centrepoint. The longest rear endlinks I can find are 70 mm. CDN 2.5i and shtbxr22, are your cars lowered? Can this swaybar swap (Tribeca front 25mm & Perrin 25mm in rear) be had on a non-lowered Legacy?

yeah, it'll be fine. either lowered or stock, the sway bar will not contact anything. I used kartboy endlinks for the rear due to a bit of research pointing out the advantages/disadvantages of different rear links. I liked the stiffness/quietness combo of the kartboys. you should be able to figure out which ones you will like after about ten minutes of research. good luck, and let's see some pics post install. ;) also, you could use the stock links but they may break due to the extra stiffness. who knows?

parts list:

(1) 25mm tribeca bar: 20401XA00A

(2) Forester Rear end links: 20470SA011

(2) Tribeca sway bushings: 20414XA01A

Retail-$179.87

I was gonna do the front & rear 25 mm swaybar instal and right before ordering all the parts, I decided to measure the end links. My rear OE end links on my 2008 Legacy 2.5i are 90 mm from centrepoint to centrepoint. The longest rear endlinks I can find are 70 mm. CDN 2.5i and shtbxr22, are your cars lowered? Can this swaybar swap (Tribeca front 25mm & Perrin 25mm in rear) be had on a non-lowered Legacy?

hey Ted,

My car is lowered with Swifts on Bilsteins.

you don't have to change your rear endlinks - the originals will work fine as they are. That said, you can upgrade the rear to an aftermarket endlink which will improve the performance, but they are all the same fitment, same as OE.

However, you do need to change the fronts though due to the different orientation. Kartboy or Group A would be my recommendations.

Also, I have a pair of brand new Tribeca sway bushings: 20414XA01A for you if you want them, $10.

Thanks for both your replies. I was back-and-forth communicating with Perrin, Rallitek, Fred Beans parts, Subarugenuineparts.com, Touge Touning (in Canada), etc to find out who is willing to ship via USPS since most default to UPS. The latter overcharges for brokerage fees when delivering to Canada but I forgot about Kart boy. Once the items arrive, I will document the instal via pics and post them accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...

Phew.... finally got it installed tonight :cool:.

shtbxr22, did you do the install yourself? It ended up taking me a few hours as I ended up having to drop/loosen the header, remove the cross member reinforcement etc to get the new bar in. Might be because I'm running borla replica headers... (which, after closer inspection, probably allow the use of a GT specific front sway bar :spin:) Ended up scratching my new red paint up a bit, oh well. I only had the car on ramps - a hoist would have made it much easier I'm sure. Also, I had to screw around with one of my endlinks - the bolt was seized with the sleeve. Anyhow, regreased everything and bolted it all up.

The Energy Suspension 25mm polyurethane bushings worked well, used the Energy Suspension clamps as they were somewhat sloppy in the factory bar clamps.

Took it for a quick spin around the block - no noise whatsoever and it's definitely tighter :icon_mrgr. Going to enter a local autox this weekend and really work it out.

some pics:

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG2216.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG2221.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG2220.jpg

Archived