LegacyGT.com

2.5i Subaru 25mm Front sway bar.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this kinda a revive from the dead but just wanted to add some info from persomal experance this last week and it applies to the 3rd gens but could be useful for others.

So for the people who are going to buy the energysuspension bushings get the non greasable ones cause the whole size/dia. Is a lot smaller then the greasable ones which pushes the bar out a little more then it should be causing it to rub on my borlas even with a double gasket to push it away

I can add pics later to show what I mean but this info could probably save someone 60bucks on gaskets and bushings an couple hours of they time wasted

i went to the local subaru dealer to order one, and they guy was giving me a hard time because i didnt have a vin number for a tribeca, then i told him i dont have a tribeca and refused to order one for me, i am looking around the other forums for the sway bar no luck yet, anyone else have this problem at a dealer?

Your dealer is dumb lol just used the p.n. I had no issues with mine I'm good friends with them. only problem is they are probably the most expensive one in the country lol everyone here is getting theirs for like 60-70 bucks I had to pay like 97 bucks for mine, 110 with tax sucked might as well just ordered it from a subaru site lol.

So i just bought the following : 25mm Tribeca FSB with Forester rear Endlinks + Tribeca Bushing , then 22mm Whiteline RSB. AVO rear reinforcement bracket , GTSPEC Front and rear Strut Bar . Now my question is : DO I NEED ANYTHING ELSE ? :lol:

And also im missing the rear endlinks for the RSB , anything specific you guys would recommand ?

So i just bought the following : 25mm Tribeca FSB with Forester rear Endlinks + Tribeca Bushing , then 22mm Whiteline RSB. AVO rear reinforcement bracket , GTSPEC Front and rear Strut Bar . Now my question is : DO I NEED ANYTHING ELSE ? :lol:

And also im missing the rear endlinks for the RSB , anything specific you guys would recommand ?

Do you need anything else? I guess it depends what else you have. What's your full suspension mod list?

For end links, most people would say Kartboy.

Do you need anything else? I guess it depends what else you have. What's your full suspension mod list?

For end links, most people would say Kartboy.

I didnt touch the suspension yet ! Will do soon ;) So , im sorry if i was not clear , but my question was more like , do i need to change anything else regarding the sway bar ect.. ! :lol:

So ill go with the Kartboy. Thank you bro !

I didnt touch the suspension yet ! Will do soon ;) So , im sorry if i was not clear , but my question was more like , do i need to change anything else regarding the sway bar ect.. ! :lol:

So ill go with the Kartboy. Thank you bro !

Ooh, I see. You mentioned the strut bars, which is not necessary for the sway bar setup, so I thought you meant suspension mods in general.

If your Whiteline rear sway bar comes with polyurethane bushings, I would suggest wrapping your rear sway bar with teflon tape (it's cheap, you can get it from any hardware store like Lowe's, Home Hardware, Rona, etc) where the sway bar bushing would go. A generous amount of grease inside the bushing would help too. This will prevent squeaking. It'll look something like this:

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Project-Cars/Project-S2000/JEF5052/901267635_Fc6vf-L-1.jpg

Cool! will do that for sure , already got the stuff at home, and yeh again sorry for the confusion.

I SEE NOW WHAT I DID :lol:

Ooh, I see. You mentioned the strut bars, which is not necessary for the sway bar setup, so I thought you meant suspension mods in general.

If your Whiteline rear sway bar comes with polyurethane bushings, I would suggest wrapping your rear sway bar with teflon tape (it's cheap, you can get it from any hardware store like Lowe's, Home Hardware, Rona, etc) where the sway bar bushing would go. A generous amount of grease inside the bushing would help too. This will prevent squeaking. It'll look something like this:

http://photos.motoiq.com/MotoIQ/Project-Cars/Project-S2000/JEF5052/901267635_Fc6vf-L-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All right, no lie. It happened tonight. And the majority of the endlink nuts were impossible to remove. They required a cutting wheel...

I replaced the rear endlinks as well, even though I didn't put an upgraded sway bar on.

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k433/Prerude/IMG_2284.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k433/Prerude/IMG_2289.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k433/Prerude/IMG_2291.jpg

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k433/Prerude/IMG_2292.jpg

I'm thinking about doing this too. I love the look of my car right now but hate the ride so I'm probably going to pull my eibach springs and go back to stock. I have a JDM RSB and love how the car feels balanced now. I don't want to mess that up though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Awesome. What kind of end links are those?

I'll be joining the 25mm Front Sway Bar Club soon, paired with an AVO 20mm rear sway bar :)

I need to get the rear as well, and looking into other rigidity points.

Front: PSP-SUS-113

Rear: PSP-SUS-218

I shopped around and the cheapest combination was from importimageracing.com

I agree that lowering springs with Koni's does not offer good ride quality; however, I don't think it's either products' fault. I believe the problem lies in the fact that the OEM suspension design does not offer sufficient suspension travel. Stock springs with Koni's and OEM JDM rear sway should be a great combo for a daily driver.

I'm thinking about doing this too. I love the look of my car right now but hate the ride so I'm probably going to pull my eibach springs and go back to stock. I have a JDM RSB and love how the car feels balanced now. I don't want to mess that up though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

It certainly depends on what tools you have at your disposal. We had the whole shebang.

Lets just say in the repertoire of what was used was an air impact, hammer, and grinder. The lift made it much easier for using all the muscle (before resorting to destruction). The concept itself is easy, but the fact that the nuts are rusted on; it might as well have been welded.

doing mine too + coilovers this weekend if the weather is with me !

I had an hard time installing the front Sb ! Nothing complicated really, i wasn't totally aware of a couple of thing so it took me a lot of time to remove the old one lol

So , i did install both sway bar + the front coilovers .

Tomorrow , rear coilovers and im done. :lol:

Archived