LegacyGT.com

2.5i Subaru 25mm Front sway bar.

Sounds promising. Thanx for explaining what else you have on your suspension, too. I was able to get my rear to step out on a couple of the corners of my local road course last year, but mainly understeer on the other corners. It would be interesting to see your setup would do on a road course, now you have a real reason to get on track with it!

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting setup using some factory parts to boot.

shtbxr22, how does your car handle now (i.e.- understeer, neutral, oversteer)?? Also, have you had a chance to try it out on a road course/track?

Reason I ask is how much you changed the ratio of the front to rear bars. I know that our cars are tuned toward understeer for safety sake, but I prefer a more neutral layout. Bringing the rear bar closer to the front bar stiffness will achive that, but going too far will bring to toward the oversteering realm. If you aren't ready for that you can get yourself in some trouble. When I bumped up the RSB on my SVO it brought it from understeer central to a nice even neutral setup, where I can steer with my throttle if I need to. That would be nice to replicate on my 2.5i.

A car from the factory should be either be "balanced" or "neutral", or have a tendency for oversteer or understeer. In most cases, as you said, regular drivers can handle an understeer a lot better than an oversteer.

So, most street driven vehicles, especially ones that aren't meant for performance, normally have a tendency for understeer...

;-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

• 3 weeks later...
nope, it's been on for two months. no noise whatsoever. works for 05-09 2.5i with no problem. just gotta remember to trim the bushing.

I was actually thinking about ordering some aftermarket swaybar bushings. That will probably work better than the soft rubber OEM bushings.

have you seen the stock ones? they are pretty burly. if you must, then you must. I think the only weak link in this setup would be the bushings, but I don't know where you can score poly tribeca bushings.

Is the reason you need the new endlinks the length of the endlink or the orientation, eg, need both ends to have bolt come out same side?

I have aftermarket endlinks already which I can orient as I choose because they use loose bolts...

ok, that might actually work really well with my MSI endlinks... As long as the vertical length of the endlink is similar...

I had to get a retrofit kit for the endlinks, basically a spacer, to increase the effective width....

Here's some old pics of my MSI's with the 'fit kit'. Switching to the B9 bar would mean I could probably do away with the spacer... That alone would tighten it up a bit.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/0507091616.jpg

passengerside2.jpg.1b682ba2342452a6d40add446282bd6e.jpg

driversside2.jpg.7b22f4b07e7262b6e8090d92534c7641.jpg

Also, shtbxr22, is your bar upside down? Judging from my pics, it would appear that it is...

Does it matter?

looks like the links may work. also, the bar isn't upside down. the tribeca bar goes over the tierod whereas the legacy/outback goes under.

Archived