LegacyGT.com

2.5i Subaru 25mm Front sway bar.

+1 for the choice of beer :lol:

Phew.... finally got it installed tonight :cool:.

shtbxr22, did you do the install yourself? It ended up taking me a few hours as I ended up having to drop/loosen the header, remove the cross member reinforcement etc to get the new bar in. Might be because I'm running borla replica headers... (which, after closer inspection, probably allow the use of a GT specific front sway bar :spin:) Ended up scratching my new red paint up a bit, oh well. I only had the car on ramps - a hoist would have made it much easier I'm sure. Also, I had to screw around with one of my endlinks - the bolt was seized with the sleeve. Anyhow, regreased everything and bolted it all up.

The Energy Suspension 25mm polyurethane bushings worked well, used the Energy Suspension clamps as they were somewhat sloppy in the factory bar clamps.

Took it for a quick spin around the block - no noise whatsoever and it's definitely tighter :icon_mrgr. Going to enter a local autox this weekend and really work it out.

some pics:

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG2216.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG2221.jpg

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/andrewolive/CIMG2220.jpg

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...It ended up taking me a few hours as I ended up having to drop/loosen the header, remove the cross member reinforcement etc to get the new bar in. Might be because I'm running borla replica headers... (which, after closer inspection, probably allow the use of a GT specific front sway bar....

Looks great, let me know it handles on the way to and from work, noticeable difference, worth the effort or only worthwhile for autox.

Question: Do you foresee there being the same issue on a stock vehicle with OE exhaust?

Yah, worth the effort - my quick spin last night already confirmed it :)

Part of it is knowing what you need to do before you begin - figuring it out as you go always takes longer... Doing it a second time would be way easier for sure. Also, having the car on a hoist makes a huge difference as far as being able to angle the bar in/out.

After much research I was set to place my order with FredBeans only to receive a snotogram this am indicating they will NOT price match the 22mm rear Perrin sway bar to Perrin 's current sale price($162.86), they will NOT price match another part I wanted (2008 Subaru Outback front bumper guard), and the Eibach Legacy Pro-Kit lowering springs are sold out and allegedly 'discontinued'. Not matching prices I can accept but discontinued Eibach lowering springs seems inaccurate just to be polite. I will try again but is this typical of FB?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Would the 25mm front sway bar from the tribeca work on my 08 lgt? I just ordered the rear 25mm perrin sway bar for $109, on sale from perrin it self. I decided togo ahead and order the cheaper reinforment brackets from progress at $29.95

http://www.progressauto.com/products/searchType/vehicleSearch/year/2005/make/Subaru/model/Legacy%20GT/productID/481

After much research I was set to place my order with FredBeans only to receive a snotogram this am indicating they will NOT price match the 22mm rear Perrin sway bar to Perrin 's current sale price($162.86), they will NOT price match another part I wanted (2008 Subaru Outback front bumper guard), and the Eibach Legacy Pro-Kit lowering springs are sold out and allegedly 'discontinued'. Not matching prices I can accept but discontinued Eibach lowering springs seems inaccurate just to be polite. I will try again but is this typical of FB?

Fredbeans has a pretty good rep overall with many positive experiences across the board on this forum it seems. it might be true that they are indeed discontinued now, it woudln't surprise me now that the new model legacy is out and the fact that aftermarket parts for the legacy weren't that popular in the first place

• 4 months later...
anyone else step up?

Just got my 25mm Perrin and getting ready to order the Tribeca 25mm. Just have to wait until I get my Subie bucks coupon. I have an Outback 2.5i so curious to see how this set-up will work with mucho taller ride.

About how much did you shave off the Tribeca bushings? Great job finding this bar. Much cheaper than the Whiteline and Rallitek 2.5i options.

ok so im clear on this.. you are using a 25mm hollow tribeca b9 front sway bar for the FRONT. and a Legacy GT 25mm solid core Perrin for the rear and forester rear end links for the FRONT sway bar and leaving the rear end links stock?

i am defently adding this to this years project list!

ok so im clear on this.. you are using a 25mm hollow tribeca b9 front sway bar for the FRONT. and a Legacy GT 25mm solid core Perrin for the rear and forester rear end links for the FRONT sway bar and leaving the rear end links stock?

i am defently adding this to this years project list!

This is the best F/R combo value for 2.5i owners. Such the deal.

Re: the bushings for Tribeca bar, CDN 2.5i said the energy suspension bushings work as is.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9%2E5129%5FFront

For the the Perrin rear bar I also got a set (25mm universal) of Energy Suspension bushings along with AVO reinforcement brackets and endlinks.

the only thing in jeopardy of snapping is a stock endlink if you reuse them, or the sway bar mount. perrin's rear bar comes with braces to reinforce them, so there's no worries. I'd recommend going with kartboy endlinks only due to previous experience. they are quiet, and when the poly finally breaks down, you can just order new poly inserts for cheap.

You have to call Perrin when placing order. I don't think it's listed on their site any more.

AVO makes very strong mounting brackets for $89 a set. Which leaves the weak points at the endlinks. MSI makes the best but they are expensive.

The Forester endlinks for the Tribeca bar look strong - I was quoted $46 for a pair. Not sure about how the AVO endlinks I ordered will hold up with Perrin rear bar. I might eventually get those Kartboys. Do you have to order the poly replacement parts direct from them?

Archived