LegacyGT.com

2.5i Subaru 25mm Front sway bar.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm working on installing my 25mm sway bar today. I can see that my stock front sway bar is currently blocked behind the headers. Does anyone know if the headers need to be removed or if I can just fish the old sway bar out?

I'm working on installing my 25mm sway bar today. I can see that my stock front sway bar is currently blocked behind the headers. Does anyone know if the headers need to be removed or if I can just fish the old sway bar out?

Fish the bar our you may have to rotate it some I have a custom manifold so it was made to clear but that was made after the stock manifold

• 1 month later...
do you have the part number for #3?

and look like the oem tribeca bushing is to small for the sway bar,I have to shave it to make it fit.

Yes it has to be shaved to fit, the OP did that as well so youre not going wrong by doing so.

• 4 months later...
bringing this thread back up.

has anyone ever done the tribeca front sway mod on a 3.0r? my car needs stiffers bars and less sway.

I would think the 3.0 has a beefier bar due to the slight heavier H6 up front. However i wold assume it fits fins as the Tribeca bar is made to fit around the underneath of a H6 engine cradle.

• 1 month later...
ive been research the heck out of this mod, and a 3.0R owner in NZ said he experienced the Tribeca bar rubbing against his rims on full lock. any of you guys experience this with your rims (and is anyone running larger than 18"s that has this mod?) thanks guys- am hoping to do this mod next

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
well the rear 25mm one is in now. HOLY F---! mucho better. can still feel the slop in the front end. hopefully i'll get to tackle the front tomorrow or friday. i will keep you guys posted, and check out the difference.

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/star91281/0506091850.jpg

i cant find this :(

whered you get this from?

i figured, all i could find was perrin's fsb but i actually stopped in subaru today to price out the tribeca set up and actually got a solid price. shtbxr22 got his priced for 179, although it was back in 2009 these are some new prices

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag141/ritch77141/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps020bf093.jpg

http://i1303.photobucket.com/albums/ag141/ritch77141/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps7e240381.jpg

How long have you had it and how has it been holding up? seems to be a pretty good setup for the price and only having to shave the bushings.

and is there a comparable setup for the fronts ? (using tribeca) or should i just go with the parrin seeing as its only about 50$ more.

How long have you had it and how has it been holding up? seems to be a pretty good setup for the price and only having to shave the bushings.

and is there a comparable setup for the fronts ? (using tribeca) or should i just go with the parrin seeing as its only about 50$ more.

Very good setup it flattens out the front end handling if that makes sense. No sense in spending more money for the same end result. I would buy the Tribeca bar for the front what is pictures is a Perrin bar for the rear. The tribeca rear bar wont wont you have to LGT rear bar and Tribeca front bar.

Spend the savings on better endlinks which are Forester/STi OEM rear endlinks

im sorry, im not following lol

the tribeca setup is for the FSB? i thought it was for the rear.

the rear setup you have is from the LGT's? and those fit with the 2.5i endlinks and bushings? or did you just get LGT bushings and forester endlnks?

Archived