LegacyGT.com

Switchblade/Flip Key

DocHolladay23

The panic button on the GiES remote lines up fine, the only problem is due to the thickness of the remote chip and the fact that the actual panic button itself is harder to push than the trunk release button whenever you push it it tends to pop the trunk. I never use the panic button so this wasn't a big deal to me, but just so you're aware...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The immobilizer chip is located in the top left of the fob pictured

I just used a very thin blade to pry it out, just be careful, i got it out just a little and then used tweezers to extract

Then when you open the honda shell, it also goes in the top left of the fob pictured

There is no problem as far as distance from the ignition

Cool, I thought that little thingy was the immobilizer. Wasn't sure how easy it was to remove. Appreciate the picts as well. Do the buttons line up exactly or is there other mods needed. I saw something about a dremil but not sure what needs to be done.

Thanks.

i opened up the unlock hole just a little bit, if you look, depending on how you sand down the pillars, the unlock button might be at a weird angle, i also sanded around the edges of the innards and alittle on the top part of the panic buttons, if you look back around page 6 i think i posted where i sanded with some pics. i also took some 180 foam sanding blocks to the top of the buttons cause they were sticking out a lot, so i just sanded them down

Edit, if you look at page 7 (i think) you will see the profile, its hard to notice from this, but the buttons on mine stick out just a little above the shell, solved the problem by sanding the tops of the buttons and alittle more on the blue hexagons

This is all way beyond my expertise level. Could the guys performing the "surgery" please provide a fee-for-hire and photo of the finished product? :)

Sent you a PM. Also look back a few pages for pics of my finished key.

A lot of the Honda shells (for us '08 guys) can be shipped from the US, both of mine took 3 days to get here.

Yeah. The Subaru flip key that you got on the other hand, I haven't been able to find yet. I think I'm going to have to hack a key to get it to fit.

is the doc taking orders again?

Possibly, I've got another 2 people interested, I'm just trying to see what the status is of my vendor. Just keep bugging me about it so I stay on top of it (I tend to procrastinate and forget easily :lol:) and maybe I'll start taking orders soon

Alright so here's the semi-unfortunate update on the flip keys. Due to my original vendor no longer selling them I have to pay more for the shells/shipping, so the cost on future orders would be $75 each :(. If anyone is interested at this price I would like to get a list of people interested so I could get as many ordered as I can. PM me if you want one and I'll get a list going, as soon as I get enough people I will order more.

nice. I'm going to mail your empty fob back to you tommorow BTW, so keep an eye out for it.

well I'm going to start a list for anyone interested in the next batch of keys. As I said these ones are going to be $75, payable through PayPal. Send me a PM if you want one and I'll put your name down. As soon as I get a few people I'll place an order.

List:

1 - trademark

2 -

3 -

4 -

Archived