LegacyGT.com

Switchblade/Flip Key

DocHolladay23

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As of right now, the total cost is around $45. I needed to buy 2 different shells, one that would fit the 08 innards and another that had a subaru flip key blank. You could cut the cost in half by doing what doc did, he extracted the key from the fob and just cut the end to fit the new flip shell. I took the other path because if this doesn't work, i want to be able to still move everything back to the other key fob.

Any word on total cost of materials on this?

total cost for mine was about $30 with expedited shipping on the fob, like firepyro said I just used the stock key and cut it to shape, I had to destroy a key to get the transponder out anyways, but getting another key cut is only like $1 at wal mart

total cost for mine was about $30 with expedited shipping on the fob, like firepyro said I just used the stock key and cut it to shape, I had to destroy a key to get the transponder out anyways, but getting another key cut is only like $1 at wal mart

The online dealer that sells these have two of the same kind of body. Do you know which one it was?

GiES600H or GiES600K

I could've sworn I put a pic-less walkthrough up, I'll see if I can find it to post it. If anyone with the seperate fob/key (not the one-piece key/remote like the 09's) wants one of these I'll make it for them for $50 and I'll get the flip remote, I just need a working key and fob from your car to get all the pieces for it. PM me if interested :)

^ No, I used the metal from the original key, I just cut it to fit in the shell. The Hyundai blank has the same groove pattern, but it is slightly more pointy, so I tried to have subaru cut it and they butchered it :mad:

Update!! I got the key cut today and it all works, the immobilizer chip is close enough so that i don't have to jerry-rig it in the fob. I used my new flip key right after i got it cut and it works!! so, if you have an 08-09 key or those damn all in one key/fob things, then be happy! i've previously posted pictures of what i've used earlier in this thread, even so, don't hesitate to ask for any help or anything!

If you've got some people interested I probably could, I need a working key/fob to make them and I can't really go below $50 each cause that's barely enough profit for how long it takes to make each one, but if that sounds OK then I don't see why not

Archived