LegacyGT.com

Switchblade/Flip Key

DocHolladay23

If you've got some people interested I probably could, I need a working key/fob to make them and I can't really go below $50 each cause that's barely enough profit for how long it takes to make each one, but if that sounds OK then I don't see why not

I would be interested at $50

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just got an order in, hope to have it to you soon foolds. Everyone else, if you would like one of these for $50 it would be best/fastest to order them in batches for shipping costs (coming from china), I know the guy I order them from has 7 left so...

Any chance I could through at you more $$$ and you can get a fob and key with transponder and then put it together and send it to me as a blank?

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

So I'm thinking about doing this to my '08 and want to know if this will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__03-04-05-06-07-HONDA-ACCORD-CRV-FLIP-REMOTE-KEY-SHELL_W0QQitemZ180316293601QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item180316293601&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

It appears to have a honda sticker. Is this something that can be removed? Also what key did you go with for the replacement insert? I believe you said the honda key needs to be replaced. Thanks.

So I'm thinking about doing this to my '08 and want to know if this will work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__03-04-05-06-07-HONDA-ACCORD-CRV-FLIP-REMOTE-KEY-SHELL_W0QQitemZ180316293601QQadiZ2865QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item180316293601&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A543|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

It appears to have a honda sticker. Is this something that can be removed? Also what key did you go with for the replacement insert? I believe you said the honda key needs to be replaced. Thanks.

Looks like the one firepyro515 converted to.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2198598#post2198598

Yea but later on he says that the Honda key couldn't be cut and that he had to buy a "subaru" flip key or something and take the blank off of that for use in the Honda shell.

He also said it was difficult to remove the Subaru key from the original key shell. I would like to keep the old shell/key as well if I ever need to switch it back to stock for resale etc.

I'm going to order more blanks tonight, so far people interested are kjiz and legacy2.5GT05. As soon as I receive payment from them I will order, so if anyone else wants one try to let me know by tonight so I can get them together and expedite the shipping.

I had to remove the Honda Key Blank from the new flip key. I then purchased a "subaru" flip key and just used that blank. It doesn't look like the person i bought it from on ebay is still selling anymore of them. You can always do what doc did and cut out the key or buy one of those STi key blanks that you find in the accesory brochures and but it down(i think they will work)

feel free to pm me if you need any help

oops leggtnut I forgot to answer your question about the blanks :redface: I can do that for you no problem, but the only place I have to go for blank keys/fobs is the stealership and they might rape me on price so it's up to you.

So 50 plus the cost of the blanks? Or 50 total. I have a later single key from a tribeca for the transmitter, but I dont have a key blank. I have the immobilizer chip out of that key as well, that I havent had programmed into the car yet. But it should be ok correct?

if you want a completely non programmed/uncut flip key then it would be $50 plus the cost of the OEM non programmed key/fob. If you send me one of your working keys and a working remote then it will just be $50.

^ Yup that'll do it, I'm going to try and order some of the flip shells in bulk to speed up the turn around time.

EDIT: Oh well, can't find it. Here's quick MS paint of where the transponder is in the key, I can't remember which side it's on, but if you dremel from the blade to where the blue line is on each side of the key you'll see that one side has metal going all the way and the other side's metal just stops. Dremel the square out that I drew in blue on both sides of the key, make sure you go all the way down to the metal. Once you've done that use some pliers to pull the whole chunk off, then use a small flathead screwdriver to spread it apart and you'll see the little transponder in there. Hope that helps!

OB05key1.jpg.62a391e86a4fa7764b614b06cf997eb4.jpg

Archived