LegacyGT.com

$340 XO2 Racing FMIC install pictures(56k beware)

itsme

^ I use a hks ssqv bov and I get 0 compressor surge... yes it does sound high pitched but there's actually a fin u can change on these to make it sound like ur normal bov... its not asjustable at all but I have never had issues surging... at low boost it still blows off....

Yep, I paid about $20 for the purple insert. Sounds much better to me.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flutter will happen while you're on the gas. when the RPMs are climbing you'll hear a "psh psh psh psh psh" of the wastegate flapping. this is completely normal, and not from your BOV.

compressor surge will happen when the system is supposed to blow off. i *think* it's from too much pressure in the system not blowing out fast enough, so the pressure goes backwards agaist the compressor wheel and causes more of a high pitched "chu chu chu chu" ...i think that the reasoning people use a softer spring is so it's not holding the BPV closed as hard, it will be able to open and blow off easier.

search compressor surge on youtube and you'll find some examples.

looking at the WBR FMIC I wonder if they would sell just the pipe with the BOV flange.. has anyone looked into this? it will probably cost $100 I'm sure..

http://wbrperformance.com/wbr/images/productimages/LEGACYFMIC2.jpg

flutter will happen while you're on the gas. when the RPMs are climbing you'll hear a "psh psh psh psh psh" of the wastegate flapping. this is completely normal, and not from your BOV.

compressor surge will happen when the system is supposed to blow off. i *think* it's from too much pressure in the system not blowing out fast enough, so the pressure goes backwards agaist the compressor wheel and causes more of a high pitched "chu chu chu chu" ...i think that the reasoning people use a softer spring is so it's not holding the BPV closed as hard, it will be able to open and blow off easier.

search compressor surge on youtube and you'll find some examples.

Isn't it not enough pressure to push open the spring to open up completely so it goes bak into the turbo?? If u have enough pressure to push the spring it will open completely... that's y people soften the spring so it can open up with less pressure... I think....

I need some advice on how to tell the difference between flutter from the bov being too tight, compressor surge and a sequential bov. :icon_roll

Sequential bov has 2 diaphram?? I think instead of having one spring u can adjust its more like dual... low pressure goes one way... meaning half throttle not full boost and still blowing off completley... and another stage for high pressure?? I'm pretty sure my wordings all wrong but I think my concept is right.... I guess u can look at it as a automatic spring adjuster?? So low pressure uses low pressure valve high uses high?? I know I read this somewhere but I probably made this more confusing... :lol: Someone correct me....

Open atmosphere??

BOV that vents to Atmosphere (instead of recirculating)...

My car ran horrible when VTA (would stall out)...I run recirculated with no problems and still get a pretty loud BOV sound.

Archived