LegacyGT.com

$340 XO2 Racing FMIC install pictures(56k beware)

itsme

so after reading this whole thread.. how can I use my stock BOV with this kit? any ideas?

btw I'll say the same thing I said to Hogmeat to you guys who got this cheap FMIC rolling and whatnot... if I had a sister I would let you date her..(my hypothetical sister is a slut btw..) so good job gents! I look forward to tackling this when I get the pipes in!

No problem;) I'm married so you can keep your sister.:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so after reading this whole thread.. how can I use my stock BOV with this kit? any ideas?

You really can't...unless you make a custom alum flange and weld it on then bolt on you stock BOV.

For tuning reasons I would forget the stock BOV and get a good aftermarket one..

turns out my intercooler piping has the 2 mounting brackets on the 2 pipes coming from the core each side.... SOB... i dunno y they would put those on the pipes if they dont mount to anything?? this must be something they changed recently because the older kits dont have these 2 brackets i dont think??

You really can't...unless you make a custom alum flange and weld it on then bolt on you stock BOV.

For tuning reasons I would forget the stock BOV and get a good aftermarket one..

ok.. I'll have to source one on nabisco....sigh.

btw I'll say the same thing I said to Hogmeat to you guys who got this cheap FMIC rolling and whatnot... if I had a sister I would let you date her..(my hypothetical sister is a slut btw..) so good job gents! I look forward to tackling this when I get the pipes in!

I ordered a stock Legacy style flange from WBRPerformance.com. I don't have it yet so I don't know about the quality. I couldn't see a reason to a spend the money on an aftermarket bov.

I ordered a stock Legacy style flange from WBRPerformance.com. I don't have it yet so I don't know about the quality. I couldn't see a reason to a spend the money on an aftermarket bov.

I'm gonna use the stock STi bov for mine with a flange welded on... Only gonna be using the VF-39, so it shouldnt have any problems holding. Aftermarket BOV if you want the sound, or if your upgrading your turbo, otherwise just stick with stocker.

How much did you end up paying for the flange?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

do you have a part # or link to it?

Thanks

The only reason I decided to re-use the stock bov is that I'm running the stock turbo, and I would like to use the extra money on HID's. Besides I've always heard the stock bov is good for 22-24 psi.

IMO the main reason to use and aftermarket BOV with the FMIC is not because of how much boost it can hold before leaking, it is for the adjustabiity needed to avoid compressor surge. The stock BOV can hold 20+psi on the stock turbo, but it offeres no adjustability.

^ those numbers sound a little high for the stock BOV... i could be wrong though..

They could be high, its just was some of the people on these forums have claimed to push through it without problems.

IMO the main reason to use and aftermarket BOV with the FMIC is not because of how much boost it can hold before leaking, it is for the adjustabiity needed to avoid compressor surge. The stock BOV can hold 20+psi on the stock turbo, but it offeres no adjustability.

Should I expect to have any problems with the stock bov surging with the stock turbo and FMIC?

You cant weld that flange into an XO2, that flange is steel. You would have to hack it into the piping, making more connections to fail. I fab'd mine up out of aluminum stock and had someone weld it.

well I found a bov on nabisco but I need to check if it's recirc or Vta... And recirc is better for the ecu right?

You don't need to spend a million bucks on a BOV. This one has three different springs in it for adjustibility PLUS an preload adjustment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMK-RACING-UNIVERSAL-S-TYPE-BLOW-OFF-VALVE-KIT-BOV-BLUE_W0QQitemZ260389763701QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item260389763701&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

when you VTA u will run slightly more rich because your ecu wont read the air you just blew off... as where if you recirc that air is accounted for.... i dont think it makes a HUGE difference... but in between shifts when you VTA you will richen up...

Archived