LegacyGT.com

$340 XO2 Racing FMIC install pictures(56k beware)

itsme

I got a full recir Perrin. Instead of a flange, I took the bottom alum plate off the bottom (remove the set screws) cut it round so would be less to weld and then welded it directly onto the pipe. (had it welded as I can't weld..and no way TIG weld)

The whole part now sits flush on the pipe and you still have the o-ring and it just reattaches with the set screws. I'll take apic later on if I have time.

Saves $ on buying a flange, and is less to weld thus less cost to pay a welder.

My tuner adjusted my BOV spring several times during the tune. Having the ability to tune the BOV must do something to help.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nm found it... looks like a pain.. er more of a pain.. I went with a 24"x9"x3" core.. ebay.. not bad at $309... cheaper than the Group Buy we had earlier...

Yeah 12'in core makes no difference at least no at this power level but I picked up the kit used for $200 and all he had was a brand new 12in core.

well I think I will go with this http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1737616

since it is hybrid and I will maybe mess with the recirc vs vta ability.. and it's relatively cheap compared to the TXS I was looking at getting..

Yeah 12'in core makes no difference at least no at this power level but I picked up the kit used for $200 and all he had was a brand new 12in core.

I see.

I successfully mounted the 24x12x3 about a week ago. I really didn't think that it was that much more difficult. Yeah I had to cut a little piece out of each side of the grill but nothing that wasn't taken care of in about 5 min. I'll post pix. Wish I would have taken more of the install.

Wow, this was a pretty fun install!

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo357/silversbr/DSCF0046.jpg

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo357/silversbr/DSCF0042.jpg

Only issue I had was I tried using a wrinkle paint. Painted it last night, then tried to put it together in the morning. A long story short; that paint needed longer to dry. Guess I'll be sanding down a few of my pipes going with another solution.

I have painted mine and am now just waiting to get a flange made for my BOV.. doesn't seem like the self etching primer I used really did anything though.. I can scrape the paint off with my fingernail.. I might have to re-apply some if the intercooler takes a beating this year.. and stealthy black FTW! why did you use that wrinkle spray (just wondering)

No BOV!!!

It's mad JDM yo!

j/k.. I've got a APS twin vent waiting to have a flange welded on. In the meantime I'm BOV-less. No big deal as I've been staying out of boost to make sure my turbo makes it till the next one arrives.

Just to make sure, before I go off buying all this stuff...

BOV Flange for STi BOV:

http://wbrperformance.com/wbr/product/c9a1f95e-fcf6-435f-9ef5-dfb99c285e90.aspx

And that will weld up to the aluminium pipes from the xo2 FMIC? And, the STi style BOV with the elbow shouldnt have a problem being mounted to this properly and getting in the way of the FMIC piping right?

If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Just to make sure, before I go off buying all this stuff...

BOV Flange for STi BOV:

http://wbrperformance.com/wbr/product/c9a1f95e-fcf6-435f-9ef5-dfb99c285e90.aspx

And that will weld up to the aluminium pipes from the xo2 FMIC? And, the STi style BOV with the elbow shouldnt have a problem being mounted to this properly and getting in the way of the FMIC piping right?

Yes that flange will work if your getting an sti style bov. xo2 has aluminum piping so that flange with weld on no problems.

I dont know how well it will fit. Our recirc tube (if you decide to go recirc.) is different then an sti. Ours will meet up with the straight outlet from the bov where the wrx/sti ones curve down under their tmic. You will have to play around with it. Match everything up before you weld on the flange. I made that mistake and my bov clears the hood right into my hood scope.

Yes that flange will work if your getting an sti style bov. xo2 has aluminum piping so that flange with weld on no problems.

I dont know how well it will fit. Our recirc tube (if you decide to go recirc.) is different then an sti. Ours will meet up with the straight outlet from the bov where the wrx/sti ones curve down under their tmic. You will have to play around with it. Match everything up before you weld on the flange. I made that mistake and my bov clears the hood right into my hood scope.

I'm wondering how well our BOV will hold against the VF39 tuned for stage 2 with an FMIC... Will the stock LGT BOV work just fine or will there be issues, which is why I was opting more towards the STi BOV if so?

Worst case you will run into surge issues with no adjustment possible, it should hold just fine though.

That's good news, seeing as I have already ordered the stock flange from WBR. Hopefully I'll be installing my Xo2 this weekend, if my Dad finally gets my flange welded. I'll probably be hitting you up for a revision on my tune once I get some logs.

I should be getting mine in by friday, got the sti flange (hoping I didnt screw myself with the elbow that the sti bov has, but I "think" it will work") coming in probably monday or something, wanna paint the FMIC black for the stealth and then probably install within a couple of weeks, then not long after, the VF39 install... mmm, cant wait for that.

Can somebody post me a link because I cant find this thing at all, I found a bunch of 150 universal fmic kits are those worth looking into or are they really that bad. I mean even if they are quite as good as a perrin or avo kit its still ganna save me 1000 or more. Is the xo2 kit in this thread universal or made for the lgt please somebody help me.

Archived