LegacyGT.com

$340 XO2 Racing FMIC install pictures(56k beware)

itsme

id say so ^ :lol: mine just came in the mail from godspeed. heres pics of what to expect for anyone who is considering. no instructions, need to weld-a-flange. ALSO what flange adapter should i go with: the one HKS provided?(taller) or the godspeed flange (i dont like it too much and it sits almost flush)

IMAG0014.thumb.jpg.e0e941cabebc036eaf1cd493adb15755.jpg

IMAG0009.thumb.jpg.a68e90dd42c85e8ab5129860131e1d59.jpg

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard that godspeed started making the XO2 kit. Is that the 12" tall intercooler option? If so you will have to do alot more cutting the the 9" intercooler and maybe even some of the back of your grill. I have an already cut bumper beam if you are interested. Bryan
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

The Core actually measured 10 and 1/4 inch. the inlet is 2.5 the vendor told me on the 12 inch core that the inlet is 3" sooo i can only assume the core pic i took is at a bad angle and that 10 and a 1/4" is the cheap version of 9" :lol: ooooo boy.........thank god GTTUNER is coming to help as he has installed quite a few of these

• 2 weeks later...
Two questions, can u get away with an avo tb hose? And today a welder told me he couldn't weld my hks flange because he thought the pipe was aluminum. Is he right?

I don't know what the AVO TB hose looks like. The tb is 2.75". The pipe should be aluminum. You just have to find someone that can weld it. Everyone doesn't.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

bwahahaha soo true. I might have to learn how to weld aluminum just cause the demand :lol: also thanks to a previous post i purchased the hump coupler to help my chances of reducing a boost leak or pop off!

bwahahaha soo true. I might have to learn how to weld aluminum just cause the demand :lol: also thanks to a previous post i purchased the hump coupler to help my chances of reducing a boost leak or pop off!

if it is made like xo2 kit all the pipes are not beaded. The thing I did when I had the xo2 kit was use rough sandpaper to rough up the pipe ends to give the hose something to grip on. Some used hairspray to get hoses to hold.

thankyou, i was thinking about doing just that as well as also having a bead welded on ends of the flange pipe as i know that one tends to pop under boost. sand paper and hairspray for sure on every connection.

installed the FMIC. definately get what you pay for. i ended up using my AVO hose in place of the hump cupler. It worked out great. I still have to notch out the bumber beam and touch up the bumper skin where i cut it. we did it at my friends body shop so we are probably gonna fiber glass in some fog covers since i cut them out. Everything held up under boost. It was tricky figuring out the routing of the piping. Also my core measured 10 1/4 tall not 9" as advertised. and the hks C clip was a pita but i got it to work wit snap ring pliers (angled work best)

294957_3790902465083_1657011241_n.jpg.1cff56fe700480dc1fe2cec14088a4ca.jpg

533178_3790904825142_901960859_n.jpg.64e96ddab9a86ea78e9b51bf6d329e29.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/rurouni_xgt/IMG_1210.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/rurouni_xgt/IMG_1232.jpg

when u cut out the lower fin on ur bumper did u mold in plastic to fill the void or did u just leave it? did it make the bumper more flimsy. im in the same boat whereas i want maximun air to hit the core.

• 2 weeks later...
im running a solid 15 right now, i figure it will hold 18 to 20 psi thru redline easily when tuned. supporting fuel mods are a must to hold 20 on a 16g. i wouldnt boost higher than 18 maybe 19 on a vf40/46 IMO

• 7 months later...
Ya man it's an eBay kit.. Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but I drive a ram truck now! I sold/gave my gt to my girlfriend so it is still going strong. You should b able to fit an Godspeed or x02 fmic out there

Here is a link to the one I installed on my car.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/legacy-gt-bl9-ebay-bolt-fmic-191657.html?t=191657

If you want to do this kit, be prepared to invest in some shop tools or get to be good friends with someone who has some. That being said, I would do it again for the money. Holding 20PSI no problem.

If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

• 2 weeks later...
image.thumb.jpg.195751e59590230ba5269d8a3a601f42.jpg ok im looking at the passenger side just below where the bumper beam mounts there is like a pice of pipe or something sticking out a couple inches and is welded to the frame.. Did this get in your way at all it seems like it is pushing my hot side pipe out to far.. What is the purpose of the little tube did you remove it?

• 1 month later...
Ya man it's an eBay kit.. Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but I drive a ram truck now! I sold/gave my gt to my girlfriend so it is still going strong. You should b able to fit an Godspeed or x02 fmic out there

BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!!!!!!!!

DUDE.. SAME BOAT.

have a 2005 Dodge Ram 3500 work truck with fuel card... sold Specb to my brother..

• 1 year later...
ya mine held 20 psi all day. never popped a coupler. id buy the kit all day. but i was a subaru tech and have a associates in automotive tech from UTI so i can wrench and my buddies all mod and race so we have air tools and lifts. its not like installing a short ram lol! but with patience and some pictures from others it fits well and works great. i like the newer racer x and some others tho

• 2 years later...

Archived