LegacyGT.com

$340 XO2 Racing FMIC install pictures(56k beware)

itsme

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is completely vta... I haven't had problems with it stalling out at all... drove about 20000 miles like that.... I do backfire a lot though... but I kinda like the popping sound :) I'm probably gonna go 100% recirc ill probably save a little bit on gas because that air is actually accounted for... how much does the hks ssqv resirc kit gor for??

^ HOLY CRAP.... 365 dollars just for the recirc kit??? i might as well just keep my BOV full VTA.... or ill make one myself... with duct tape and plastic tubing :lol:

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you meant the whole ssq valve. The recirc kit came with mine. It's just a round flange with a tube to connect the recirc hose and is either $18 or $33: http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=798 It's what I am using right now.

your car seems to have seen a fair share of rocks :lol: looks good... california is one of the few states that dont require a front license plate is that correct??

Lol I don't know what it is but it actually not chips, must be something that kicked up that day in front of me. The bumber and lip are not white underneathe the top layer. Oh and no CA is definately not legal to have no plates in the front, I have seen my fair share of fix it tickets.

it does look like rock chips though... :lol: i didnt think cali would have so much gravel... HAHA... i live in CO and gravel is a HUGE issue right after winter... i think the law in colorado is as long as you have a front license plate that is visible it doesnt matter where it is at.... ive had cops tell me different things but as far as i kno its as long as its visible... i was always under the impression in california you didnt need front license plates... but i guess theres just more rebels there that dont like to follow rules :lol:

I'm going in this direction also. I will be running stock turbo, and will upgrade in the future. I just want to get all the stuff together and tune after.

my Future set up would be:

*Invidia HFC DP

*Xo2 FMIC

*Air intake (need help! I dunno what air intake to get.) I'm afraid that AEM would be bad for the car. water issues.....

*(any CBE that will mate with my DP directly or less hassle installation or just weld a quad tip. LOL!) help!

*(recirc BOV) help please.

*Stock turbo (will upgrade in the future)

I also did a research and read 23 pages. I need your opinions, I just can't make up my mind.

Thanks!

~dru

I have an invidia DP, CBE and fitment should be fine with the right gaskets,

I'm sticking with the stock air box just rotating it and maybe modifying it to make it work..

I'm sticking with the stock BOV for now maybe an after market BOV if I turbo upgrade,,

Im also running an Invidia DP

As for intake the K&N seems to work/fit good with the FMIC

And for a bpv a ran a Evo MR one for a while but switched to syncronic.

I have the evo bpv + flange if you want works great recirculating and holds boost a lot better than the stock one

you sure about this? should I also get a heat shield, more like water shield?

After reading a bunch of thread about AEM CAI, I found the AVO CAI. Which is better? AVO CAI or AEM?

AVO is a better quality piece and there is not nearly as much of a need to worry about water with it.

Archived