LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

Guest heightsgtltd
While technically it is not a particular model the general population thinks of it as a specific model. When someone asks what car you drive and you say STi you don't say oh I drive an Impreza WRX with the STi trim package. If someone sees STi badge they think it is an actual STi car. If a non-subaru car owner drives by an LGT with an STi badge they are going to go "wtf that's not an STi" Especially if you specifically place at locations of STi trim level vechicle (grill, rear trunk, etc.). I mean some people are justifying it as the same as putting cobb sticker on the car. Well do you see people putting cobb stickers/emblems on their front grill or trunk? I sure don't.

So whether you try to justify it by saying it's just a sticker for parts it's still portraying more than that. And regardless like I already said I think stickers for parts are just as lame and rice unless you are paid by a sponsor.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No it's called giving way too much of a **** about what other people think = insecurity :)

Damn you still don't get it. I don't care what other people think. I am explaining to you how pretty much every non-subaru owner or non-modding-subaru-owner views the STi badge.

Gotta go with Heights here. Being reluctant to put it on your car = giving a shit what other people think
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

dabuer149: you don't get it, just posting that much is proof you care.

yes posting here about what then general public thinks about your car when you put an STi emblem on it is because I care. Like I said I don't care, just when you get out of your car and someone says "um thats not an STi" you will be prepared. Then you can go into your schpeel about how STi is just parts while the person nods and then posts on their forum about a non-STi with STi badges.

If you are going to play it like that then I hope everytime you see a LX civic lowered with Type-R badges and fifty equipment decals on the fenders and windows you think it's just as cool as your STi emblem cuz it's the same thing.

I just never understood decals if you aren't sponsored it's like why not start putting decals on your house too like Vizio HD or GE Appliances, I mean what's the difference? Seriously.

you keep saying what OTHER people will think about YOUR car. who cares what OTHER people (general public) think?

explaining how other people view the badge is explaining what other people think about the badge, its the same thing. you're still talking about what other people think.

just when you get out of your car and someone says "um thats not an STi" you will be prepared.

Who would say anything like that? Who even talks to strangers let alone insult one?

& aside from that. The general public doesnt give a flying f--k what anyone else is doing so I think you're a bit too concerned about something that has like a 1 in a million chance of happening :lol::lol::lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Who would say anything like that? Who even talks to strangers let alone insult one?

& aside from that. The general public doesnt give a flying f--k what anyone else is doing so I think you're a bit too concerned about something that has like a 1 in a million chance of happening :lol::lol::lol:

I get people asking me if my car is an STi almost every other time I fill up at the gas station. "is that a subaru STi I have read about them"

And if you say they dont give a flying f what anyone else is doing then why put part company decals on your car?

Either:

A. You think it looks cool to have part company decals on your car.

or

B. You are sponsored.

So if A. like i said, dont ever call a civic with exhaust and decals rice, because you are no different.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

You do realise that the long blocks on the '05 STi and LGT are the same ?

What parts do you feel you need to swap ?

If you have an STI transmission swap can you put a badge on the outside ?

We have the same long block - but what's in a turbo ? You can get better performance turbos for the LGT than the STI stocker. I mean come on: you get a VF-52 turbo from the lowly Impreza WRX, match it to the Perrin/AVO TMIC and you get as much or more power than the folks with the VF-39 turbo-manifold-TMIC swap. You've just matched/outdone the STI yet have no STI parts. Or you have Willwood or Akebono or AP Racing calipers and DBA discs and SS lines and you've matched or bettered the STI Brembos. And I am not even covering suspension bits etc.

My feeling is this: you can match or better the STI with lots of aftermarket parts but one of the few things that separates the STI from the other cars is the (1) transmission and by that I mean the front LSD and (2) increased chassis stiffness. That said, I think the claim to STI badges is more deserved by those who have either the entire STI drivetrain or mainly the transmission swap.

If your car is as fast as an STi, I'd say do it. If its a stock LGT with STi badging, your just a poser IMO.

Quick question here. My dad's MB S550 has an AMG emblem written on it's wheels - part of the AMG option package. His 2005 S500 had the same thing. Is my dad a poser? Is his car rice? Would you take the rims off if you were given the car so you wouldn't be seen as a poser? :rolleyes:

Like AMG, the word STi, by itself, doesn't represent a standalone car. If you like the way it looks, stick it on. By putting it on, in no way are you saying you drive a WRX STi. Similar to having an AMG package on Benz doesn't imply you drive the AMG version of the car. You're simply putting the fact that you're a Subaru performance enthusiast out there! My dad know's neither of his cars are AMGs. He doesn't try to front like they are either. But he sure as hell loves the aggressive AMG body package that he got.

In the end, it's what YOU like. If YOU like it, do it!

dabuer149: seriously man? Your really trying to prove a this certain point to all these people over one little decal? There not saying there gnna go all out and decal the sh*t out of their car, Its clean it gives the car a lil more personality and most of all we have the some engine so why sweat it? If for some reason somebody asks either ignore them or just say it carrys the same engine, I would put this emblum on my car with kno 2nd thoughts of it being stupid.

Now onto the whole honda thing, As far as im concerned those people putting type-R decals on there car is a bit much coincidering the actual honda civic type-R is running a larger engine, So I can see how thats different. Just accept the fact that it doesnt matter and the world will keep spining I promise!

i dont think its rice but i wouldn't do it to my car. i liked the sti but bought the LGT because of the comfort and the more mature appearance, why backtrack and attract street racers with decals? i'd rather match sti power and look like grandpas car. no sti decals, badges, parts, or license plate holders on my grown man machine.

Quick question here. My dad's MB S550 has an AMG emblem written on it's wheels - part of the AMG option package. His 2005 S500 had the same thing. Is my dad a poser? Is his car rice? Would you take the rims off if you were given the car so you wouldn't be seen as a poser? :rolleyes:

Like AMG, the word STi, by itself, doesn't represent a standalone car. If you like the way it looks, stick it on. By putting it on, in no way are you saying you drive a WRX STi. Similar to having an AMG package on Benz doesn't imply you drive the AMG version of the car. You're simply putting the fact that you're a Subaru performance enthusiast out there! My dad know's neither of his cars are AMGs. He doesn't try to front like they are either. But he sure as hell loves the aggressive AMG body package that he got.

The emblem on the rims comes from the factory like that. Your dad didn't buy an AMG emblem and put it on the trunk in the same spot that ACTUAL AMG vehicles have the emblem.

If you are specifically putting the emblem in the spot it comes from the factory on actual vehicles you are clearly trying to portray something it is not.

My dad's MB S550 has an AMG emblem written on it's wheels - part of the AMG option package. His 2005 S500 had the same thing. Is my dad a poser? Is his car rice? Would you take the rims off if you were given the car so you wouldn't be seen as a poser? :rolleyes:

My dad know's neither of his cars are AMGs. He doesn't try to front like they are either. But he sure as hell loves the aggressive AMG body package that he got.

Ask your dad where he bought the AMG emblems. Autozone? Pep Boys? Jegs? I wanna get a few of those! :)

:lol: please tell me you are under 18 years old :lol:

lol nice try, im much older. The ones 18 or under are the ones putting emblems that dont belong on their car because they think it looks cool. AKA Rice. No function addition = Rice. Decals = rice.

Like I said before, why aren't you putting stickers on your house? Why not put Vizio HD or GE appliances on your house? Because it's f'ing stupid. Same with putting it on your car. You aren't sponsored. No one gives a F what mods you have. If you wanna talk about your mods that's what forums are for. Nancy driving her kids to school doesn't care about all the decals/emblems you have.

http://rlv.zcache.com/this_sticker_adds_25_horsepower_bumper_sticker-p128083721665619153trl0_400.jpg

Archived