LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I recently came to my own conclusion about STI emblems. The USDM Legacy GT is not an STI. Period. To put STI emblems on the grille or the trunk lid is total poser (except in rare cases like AKLGT, who had an STI swap).

At the same time though, putting STI emblems on other parts of the car (not the body) is acceptable. Subtlety is the key to keeping it classy. Basically, it's rice when people are trying to be something that they're not.

Amirite?

I dont have an STI swap...but with that said I am putting down more power than an STI swap....350/373 WHP on E85.

I felt I needed it so the STI's wouldnt feel embarrased when an outback XT went by them :lol:

I thought this conversation was dead/put to rest.

I bought an LGT grille with an STi badge hooked up in the lower right corner and it just looks too good to remove it :D I am somewhat uncomfortable sporting it. I had gotten two confused looks so far, one guy stared at it trying to figure it out, the other guy did a double-take, kinda like "oh, an ST... wait, what?". If anyone from the general population gives me shit about it I'll justify it by saying STi is not a car but a tuning arm of Subaru, I have the same motor AND a bigger turbo, since VF39 is a smaller number than VF40 :lol: Being at Stage 2 and able to back up the badge is also a plus ;) I'll feel more at ease once I go Stage 3.

Besides, STi swaps make no sense to me since there are other bigger and better LGT-style turbos out there.

^ Then why does it say they did?

No, you don't get it, obviously.

STi did not tune it or modify it, Subaru did, with their own components which they market under the STi name.

The badges on my car actually came of a JDM Legacy STi, so they belong there ;)

The badges on my car actually came of a JDM Legacy STi, so they belong there ;)

Its not that they belong there because they dont. Im sure your car is missing parts that the JDM Legacy Tuned by STi doenst have making it true. But at least its comming from one Legacy to another.

Its not that they belong there because they dont. Im sure your car is missing parts that the JDM Legacy Tuned by STi doenst have making it true. But at least its comming from one Legacy to another.

Where in Delaware County do you live?

too long to read i got bored :spin:

so let me ask this...a 01 BMW 540 has the M badge on the steering wheel.factory.... it is not a m5 a 540.. if M badges were placed on the outside would that be stupid/lame/doesntbelong/misplaced/???/

You're talking about the M package. Some 540i's had the M package which

included different bumpers and interior treatment. Coming from the BMW

crowd, placing a M badge on a standard 3 or 5 series is frowned upon. In

the end, it's still your car and you can do whatever you want.

• 2 years later...
I say nay its like being a poser. For instance 402 stickers and emblems being Hella JDM etc. I cant stand car culture these days. It's to the point, why do you have a CSFA sticker? (California State FF As.) ..... Uhm cause I volunteer for a dept?!?! I bet more questions will get asked when I have my FF license plate...

I say your not a poser when you are driving a Forester that is fully STI swapped.

The forester is the SAME platform as the STI, and all parts bolt right on.

What makes an STI an STI? Only the factory doing the swapping parts on the same car?

Heck they have STI foresters and legacies over seas so if you have done the swap yourself its an STI.

Just like mine

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-stage-3-outback-xt-sti-seats-150039.html

If you thinks its just a poser, Ill give you a ride in it ;)

Ive had offers to trade their STI for my Outback STI

I say your not a poser when you are driving a Forester that is fully STI swapped.

The forester is the SAME platform as the STI, and all parts bolt right on.

What makes an STI an STI? Only the factory doing the swapping parts on the same car?

Heck they have STI foresters and legacies over seas so if you have done the swap yourself its an STI.

Just like mine

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-stage-3-outback-xt-sti-seats-150039.html

If you thinks its just a poser, Ill give you a ride in it ;)

Ive had offers to trade their STI for my Outback STI

For sure! Just did my full swap with an 05 sti block and heads straight from subaru, along with an 18g turbo setup... Im going to rep the STI side of my car for now, we will see how long it stays!

@ 26 sec "Independantly owned" hehehehe

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAAYSMalIKw&feature=related]Fantasy 2009 Forester- Getting the full STI swap - Driving Sports - YouTube[/ame]

:eek:

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

If you truely have the same swap as a factory legacy or FXT that was overseas sure that's actually having almost. But if its not a EJ207 in the GDs and calling it an S202-3-4 or the 2.0 in the 4th gens..... and a 6 speed. I say 90% of those who add emblems like that are posing. Having a full STi USDM swap isn't really what the STi model overseas got...

If you truely have the same swap as a factory legacy or FXT that was overseas sure that's actually having almost. But if its not a EJ207 in the GDs and calling it an S202-3-4 or the 2.0 in the 4th gens..... and a 6 speed. I say 90% of those who add emblems like that are posing. Having a full STi USDM swap isn't really what the STi model overseas got...

OK you win :rolleyes: I don't have a 2.0 so I guess my EJ257, 08 6 speed, DCCD, R180, 04 STI seats etc. etc etc. doesn't qualify me.

I guess I should scratch the STI logo off my factory STI legacy 3 gauge pack....after all its not an STI.

Techincally it's not speced to an STi Legacy is it? so not, its a usdm impreza sti swap. Legacy's didnt get a tranny with the crappy DCCD, 04 sti seats arent what came in the car..... Your argument is futile. Not only that its an OUTBACK. Im sorry I didnt know there was an outback sti spec out in the world.

Who cares about what anyone else thinks about something you like?

Some people just like the way some badges look. Some people don't care about performance, only appearance.

What does it matter if they have the parts to go with it or not? If it makes the owner happy, that's great.

Enthusiasts can express their love of cars in a bunch of different ways.

I may not like some of the modifications or styles, but who am I to say it is absolutely forbidden?

Disclaimer: I am debadged save for the subaru logo emblems. Maybe I'll get STI center cap overlays to stick on my ROTAS aka. "FAKE WHEELS" to some, to piss people off... or maybe because they just look good.

• Mega Users
Legacy's didnt get a tranny with the crappy DCCD,

Waaat?

but I agree with the rest. STI badges are lame and so are (full) sti swaps. The 6spd DCCD trans is an excellent transmission though.

Archived