LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently came to my own conclusion about STI emblems. The USDM Legacy GT is not an STI. Period. To put STI emblems on the grille or the trunk lid is total poser (except in rare cases like AKLGT, who had an STI swap).

At the same time though, putting STI emblems on other parts of the car (not the body) is acceptable. Subtlety is the key to keeping it classy. Basically, it's rice when people are trying to be something that they're not.

Amirite?

The USDM Legacy GT is not an STI. Period. To put STI emblems on the grille or the trunk lid is total poser (except in rare cases like AKLGT, who had an STI swap).

You don't seem to get it, there is no such thing as an "STi", it is a tuning arm of Subaru.

Why would a "swap" be relevant ? You do realise that the longblock engine in the '05 LGT was the same longblock that was in the '05 Impreza WRX STi ?

The only reason people in the early days did the STi swap, was because there were no LGT fitment aftermarket turbos. So basically it was a very complicated turbo swap ;)

You don't seem to get it, there is no such thing as an "STi", it is a tuning arm of Subaru.

Why would a "swap" be relevant ? You do realise that the longblock engine in the '05 LGT was the same longblock that was in the '05 Impreza WRX STi ?

The only reason people in the early days did the STi swap, was because there were no LGT fitment aftermarket turbos. So basically it was a very complicated turbo swap ;)

I am fully aware of how subaru tecnica international operates. I realize that the Legacy GT shares some common components.

The Impreza WRX STI is it's own model. So it's called that because STI modified and tuned it, so what. That's what it's called. My car was not tuned by STI so emblems off an Impreza that was really don't belong on my car.

You guys are to funny! I am down with the more positive people in this thread but you negative people are really going that extra mile like people are painting a huge STI logo across the hood or side of the car... Why is a lil sti badge such a big deal? Its a suby related, I just dont get it.

I have the door decals. They are subtle than I thought they would be. Now instead of people asking how my fusion is in the snow, they can let me know my STi decal is missing a "L". I put it on cause regardless people will always think it's not a real STi and I bet it runs 16 flat. So far most the actual STi drivers here can't shake me.

Putting this on tomorrow :lol:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:5IN-MhNRP963PM:http://www.germanexotics.com/index/Sunrise_Murcie/lamborghini_badge.jpg

Pics or it didn't happen. Didn't someone 80's lambo body kid a yellow fiero?

I debadge my spec b emblem and put on an PZEV ;)

front mount and get a 2.5i hood and then its a real sleeper to me, maybe even ELHs to get rid of the sound and then i would have a really confused look on my face.

I am fully aware of how subaru tecnica international operates. I realize that the Legacy GT shares some common components.

The Impreza WRX STI is it's own model. So it's called that because STI modified and tuned it, so what. That's what it's called. My car was not tuned by STI so emblems off an Impreza that was really don't belong on my car.

No, you don't get it, obviously.

STi did not tune it or modify it, Subaru did, with their own components which they market under the STi name.

The badges on my car actually came of a JDM Legacy STi, so they belong there ;)

No, you don't get it, obviously.

STi did not tune it or modify it, Subaru did, with their own components which they market under the STi name.

The badges on my car actually came of a JDM Legacy STi, so they belong there ;)

But you have a USDM Legacy...:iam:

Archived