LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Techincally it's not speced to an STi Legacy is it? so not, its a usdm impreza sti swap. Legacy's didnt get a tranny with the crappy DCCD, 04 sti seats arent what came in the car..... Your argument is futile. Not only that its an OUTBACK. Im sorry I didnt know there was an outback sti spec out in the world.

Just for you Ill debadge my gauge pack :rolleyes::lol::p:spin:

For all you haters. ;)

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/e/introduction/index.html

STI (SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL) is a subsidiary company of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI) and was established to undertake all motor sports activities for SUBARU. STI delivers extra value to the huge number of SUBARU motor sports fans worldwide through its business projects that include the development and sale of accessories and tuning parts, and by providing base cars for motor sport activities, as well as parts supply and tuning technology. The firm is also involved in the planning and application of special specification cars for SUBARU, and in brightening up the 'car life' aspect with accessories and tuning parts' development.

Let me re-iterate. The STi is NOT a car. If you have STi parts, period, then why shouldn't you be able to advertise their logo? It is no different than buying a Cobb DP and putting a Cobb sticker on, or Perrin, Whiteline, etc etc.

So for you all you STi badge haters, mind your own fukin business and do what you like and respect what others like.

My $0.02

:rolleyes:

EXACTLY!

And the only reason an STI has an STI badge is because Subaru took an Impreza WRX and added STI tuning parts to it, and they wanted to tell everyone this car has had STI parts put on it.

^^ I disagree. if you have STI parts, performance, handling, etc then I do not see why you cannot sport STI logos. However, if you do not have the parts to back up your stickers or badges, that's LAME.

100% Agree

^ In your defense, when I first bought my wagon, it had an STi logo in the back, the wheels, and the steering wheel. (Granted my car when I first bought was faster than even Stage II STi, I wasn't real happy with the fact they were on the car). The only thing close to a STi product on my car is Bilsteins and Pinks.

Even now that I am back to stock (well Stage 1), I wouldn't even consider an STi badge unless I had an STi turbo (VF39/VF43), STi Intake Manifold, STi TMIC, etc.

Needless to say, those STi "stickers" are no longer on my car. ;)

What about a 6 speed with DCCD :icon_twis The Ultimate STI part IMHO, thing is like glue around the corners :)

Here we go again :rolleyes:

You do realise that the long blocks on the '05 STi and LGT are the same ?

What parts do you feel you need to swap ?

And Subaru doesn't want to admit it......Even the service manual talks about the sodium filled valves :lol:

Archived