LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

I beg to differ. I have 2 of them sitting in my garage, make the payments and pay the insurance every month... what does it say? it says Subaru STI (car) on the title, registration, insurance docs, and loan paperwork. Kinda like a WRX vs and Impreza vs an STI. Or an LGT vs Legacy or Outback. Somewhat the same, but different cars each one of them.

:nono:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest heightsgtltd
I beg to differ. I have 2 of them sitting in my garage, make the payments and pay the insurance every month... what does it say? it says Subaru STI (car) on the title, registration, insurance docs, and loan paperwork. Kinda like a WRX vs and Impreza vs an STI. Or an LGT vs Legacy or Outback. Somewhat the same, but different cars each one of them.

No, actually he is right. STI stands for Subaru Tecnica International, which is the tuning arm of Subaru. It is not just a car it's parts, etc.

Using your logic, the tuned by STI legacy that's available in AUS and has mostly cosmetic and handling upgrades is a faker? :lol:

I don't know why you're insurance docs would say Subaru STI, STI isn't a model. It should be impreza. Just like when I gave them my vin number for my insurance company, it said "Legacy", not "spec. B". :lol: Anyway, here's my STI sticker that I'm rocking.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/subaruwrxfan/Spec%20B/DSC01101.jpg

The Outback is actually the Legacy Outback, and an LGT is just a Legacy trim model, just as the STI is just an Impreza trim model.

Your insurance is just doing that to 'adjust' your rates ;)

Policy Description: 2008 SUBARU LEGACY 4DR

Policy Type: Private Passenger

Well, a STI plate frame comes from the dealer and is a genuine Subaru part, whereas a badge might be...well, just a badge.

For me, it's OK to have a STI badge as long as you have some STI parts. ;)

Guest heightsgtltd
I think it's lame unless you have something on your car from STI.

:rolleyes:

So an STi radiator cap or battery tie down qualifies? :lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Archived