LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

dude you have serious problems :lol:

With honda's, there's either a type R (which isn't shitty) or a garden variety (which is for performance purposes). That's not exactly the same thing as Subarus with Turbos vs. the STI but you don't seem to understand analogies very well.

How is that elitist? BTW, you are totally changing your argument now which is even more amusing :lol:

How did I change my argument? You are saying it's ok for subaru owners to put on STi badges if they have STi parts. If a civic buys a Type-R strut bar you are sayings its lame if he puts on a type-r badge.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NSX isn't even made any more, neither is the Integra, and you can't even get an Accord Type R here in the states.

and please show me where Type R is more than a model designation wheras STI is a performance line like SPT, has it's own website, parts, and stands for Subaru Tecnica International

Care to continue? :lol:

Yet you can get a STi legacy in the states?

If I changed my argument to Mugen would it be any different? You are arguing semantics.

Guest heightsgtltd
No I'm not :lol: I'm saying I don't give a **** what they do, but at least a Legacy GT or WRX is already a performance model which is closer to the kind of car an STI or Type R is than a civic sedan with 120 hp.

No I'm not :lol: I'm saying I don't give a **** what they do, but at least a Legacy GT or WRX is already a performance model which is closer to the kind of car an STI or Type R is than a civic sedan with 120 hp.

Si civic has 197hp/139tq

Type R Mugen spec has 237/157

WRX has 265/244

STi 305/290

Wheres the big difference here?:lol:

And why did you stop paying attention to them? Because they are rice? Because they only do it cuz it's cool? Because they are sl0w?

What is hilarious is all the people trying to play high and mighty with Subaru/STi but don't apply the same to lowered civics with type-r badges or a neon with AEM badges or what have you

Just to let you know, my car it completely debadged, i just thought pointing out what a tool you are is a better point to make

One additional question. If you don't care what other people think why put badges/decals on your car?

Do you put them there for you to look at yourself? No. You put them on there for other people to look at, so clearly you DO care what other people think. You obviously want them to know you have STi parts, otherwise you wouldnt put the badge there in the first place.

I'm a tool:spin:

hey man, you're a tool. And you said that teenagers are the ones who put these stickers on their car. my LGT (which can run with an sti) is debadged.

anyway. just figured I'd let you know that you should just give it up.

It keeps sounding like if we put multiple badges on our car its rice, I would agree with that some what... but your telling me if we put one sti badge on our grill or wheel center caps (That being 4 badges for each wheel) Its makes us rice? I have no badges on my car and I just dont see how one sti badge can make it rice when it has everything to do with subaru and we do have a well equipped subaru. Oh and honestly I like the look myself I dont care if somebody else didnt like it I have always thought the badge has added a lil more style. Every time I've seen that sti forester I thought it was sick! I would love to have that forester just as much as my legacy, I dont know about every body else on this forum but I am a subaru guy, I love subaru and everything that has to do with them, I will own a subaru probably for the rest of my life. If dauber149 has a subaru then he is the one thats makes people like me get sick of subaru. Please do us all a favor and go buy your honda and get out of our threads!! we are here to help one another...not make them feel like they are stupid especially over one lil thing like this. Please sell your suby and move on.

i for one am tired of the term 'rice' being thrown around.

if your car is debadged (as mine is) it isnt a sleeper, its most likely modded. or the driver will prolly be driving it like it is modded.

no badges is a clean look. not sleeper. not rice.

if you want to look like a sleeper, dont do anything. keep it factory. hell prolly the most sleeper look is a gt wagon with all decals left in place (mabye put a pzev there instead of the 2.5GT badge) and throw a baby on board in the window.

clean, rice, and sleeper are all different things. I think we can all agree that rice is ghey. i like the clean (debadged and modest overall) look as im at the point in life where my car can help me to get laid. mabye 10 yrs in the future, ill pack a turbo, but keep everything factory to fool dumb kids in their shatty hondas and what have you

• 1 month later...

My feelings have always been, unless the Legacy is full of STI parts (Intake Mani, VF39, etc.), then it's lame. Recently though, I put some STI valves stem caps on my wheels and I am considering getting some STI liquid dome center caps, so I guess I'm really conflicted. Subtlety isn't rice, right?

Seriously though, should I get these STI wheel center caps? I could go either way at this point.

i mean chevy has the SS line on everything and dodge has the SRT line on a lot of their products.... since we dont get an STi leg in the U.S. we are making our own! LOL

Some of those models had a non SS engine just badges and appearance package. Hell there was a Skittle SRT-4 inspired model.

true true. the mailbu ss (wtf???) and the neon RT were both dogs and definately did not deserve the ss or srt badge.

no there is a sxt with a srt wing and hood scoop from the factory. R/T-ACR were decent compared to my non srt sxt. If I was smarter I would have gotten the R/T.

Archived