LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

Guest LGT-NY

So what about this? Is this lame too?

http://www.hkc-speed.com/images/uploads/bl5-bumper/8580/1.jpghttp://www.hkc-speed.com/images/uploads/bl5-bumper/8580/2.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think thats kinda lame yea.

but I also think the stick on angry eyes are lame too.. so again its all preference.

beleive me theres a lot worse that can be done to a legacy so its not horrible.. its just not my taste.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

• 6 months later...

Sorry to bump this but I was behind a legacy today with a B7 badge.

I think non-stock badging in general is pretty lame. Unless you are a show car where you are getting paid by sponsors to advertise their parts. Why do you want to advertise what parts you have on your car? It's like a sign to theifs. Hey pick me I have all these aftermarket parts you could part-out for big money!

I was having an argument with my friend, he says STI badges on a Lagacy are lame. I happen to think that they look cool. What do you think?

I had the same argument with guys at the Forester Board.

I feel it is rice to put a badge on a car that somehow represents the car to be something that it is not. IMO if it wasn't made from the factory at a certain trim level adding a badge to it is completely lame.

I don't care if you have upgraded all of the parts to STi parts, it is still not an STi.

Just my opinion.

Here's another way to think about this question.

Which is cooler

• Lowered Legacy Spec B with big wheels, low profile tires, modifications to produce 400whp, STI stickers
  • Stone stock appearing Forrester XT with modifications to produce 400whp, 6MT, Obama/Biden, Greenpeace and Sierra Club stickers and XT badge removed?

For me the answer is the Forrester. The jaw of any performance car driver you show your tailights to in the Forrester will not only drop farther than if you did the same with the Legacy, the driver of the other car will be too embarrassed to even ask what type of car you're driving.

Stealth is much more fun in my opinion. 2.5i badges FTW! :lol:

You are confusing STi with a particular model, it isn't.

While technically it is not a particular model the general population thinks of it as a specific model. When someone asks what car you drive and you say STi you don't say oh I drive an Impreza WRX with the STi trim package. If someone sees STi badge they think it is an actual STi car. If a non-subaru car owner drives by an LGT with an STi badge they are going to go "wtf that's not an STi" Especially if you specifically place at locations of STi trim level vechicle (grill, rear trunk, etc.). I mean some people are justifying it as the same as putting cobb sticker on the car. Well do you see people putting cobb stickers/emblems on their front grill or trunk? I sure don't.

So whether you try to justify it by saying it's just a sticker for parts it's still portraying more than that. And regardless like I already said I think stickers for parts are just as lame and rice unless you are paid by a sponsor.

^^^Why do you care so much? You seem pretty insecure about what people think about your choices :munch:

What people think about my choices? Huh? I made no choices, i have stock badges on my car. And when I buy an LGT it will also have stock badges only.

But I'm sure there are a lot of hypocrites here too saying its cool to put an STi badge but then laugh at civics with Type-R or Mugen stickers down their fenders

Archived