LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
An STi is not a car. It qualifies that the car that has been tuned with STi products. Therefore, if you have STi products on your vehicle, then go ahead and throw an STi decal on it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. :)

Well, that's what I thought when I put the Sti badge on my Legacy. I got it just for fun when I was visiting Hong Kong last summer. Now a year later, I'm debating whether I should take it off. First I do have Sti parts on my car but just a pedal set and a radiator cap. Other mods include: K&N intake filter, front + rear strut bars, tint, and HID. I like the way it matches my white Legacy but don't wanna be called a ricer.

I wanna hear what guys have to say. I put it the same position where the "Subaru" badge used to be. So if I take it off, it'll still be JDM. :)

For all you haters. ;)

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/e/introduction/index.html

STI (SUBARU TECNICA INTERNATIONAL) is a subsidiary company of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI) and was established to undertake all motor sports activities for SUBARU. STI delivers extra value to the huge number of SUBARU motor sports fans worldwide through its business projects that include the development and sale of accessories and tuning parts, and by providing base cars for motor sport activities, as well as parts supply and tuning technology. The firm is also involved in the planning and application of special specification cars for SUBARU, and in brightening up the 'car life' aspect with accessories and tuning parts' development.

Let me re-iterate. The STi is NOT a car. If you have STi parts, period, then why shouldn't you be able to advertise their logo? It is no different than buying a Cobb DP and putting a Cobb sticker on, or Perrin, Whiteline, etc etc.

So for you all you STi badge haters, mind your own fukin business and do what you like and respect what others like.

My $0.02

:rolleyes:

Guest LGT-NY

This is an erroneous question.

hrmm.. let me answer your question with another question.

z06 badges on a normal corvette.. cool or lame?

You don't read do you? :rolleyes:

Let me re-iterate. The STi is NOT a car. If you have STi parts, period, then why shouldn't you be able to advertise their logo? It is no different than buying a Cobb DP and putting a Cobb sticker on, or Perrin, Whiteline, etc etc.

Z06 is a car. Z06 is not a brand of goods. You can't get a Z06 intake or exhaust.

z06 is a package for the corvette.

it has a different engine, brakes, suspension, panels..very similar to what a wrx sti is to a wrx.

I see your point tho in that you cant buy "z06" branded parts.

still tho.. I think unless you went to japan and got a legacy sti, sti brandings have no place on a legacy.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

^^ I disagree. if you have STI parts, performance, handling, etc then I do not see why you cannot sport STI logos. However, if you do not have the parts to back up your stickers or badges, that's LAME.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

hrmm.. let me answer your question with another question.

z06 badges on a normal corvette.. cool or lame?

Unless you have added the "z06" package, then it would be lame.

The thing with STi is that it is not just a package deal. Being a subsidiary they are merely another company that was built underneath the Subaru umbrella. Z06 is not a separate entity of Chevrolet/GM.

Archived