LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

Guest heightsgtltd

Actually I have no badges at all on the rear of my car, what you fail to realize is that you are putting too much effort into worrying about what other people do and what other people think.

Let people do what they want. That being said, adding badges or stickers that have no connection whatsoever to the brand or model is lame, but it's people's prerogative to do so .

When it comes to STi, as others have stated it's the tuning arm for Subaru and not a specific model. I don't think it's bad to put an STi badge on your car, especially if you have some modded parts from SPT or STi.

QFMFT

I wish there were more people who thought sleepers were cool instead of all these gd ricers who feel the need to put a decal on their car for ever little mod they buy.

annd you keep proving my point :lol:

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes posting here about what then general public thinks about your car when you put an STi emblem on it is because I care. Like I said I don't care, just when you get out of your car and someone says "um thats not an STi" you will be prepared. Then you can go into your schpeel about how STi is just parts while the person nods and then posts on their forum about a non-STi with STi badges.

If you are going to play it like that then I hope everytime you see a LX civic lowered with Type-R badges and fifty equipment decals on the fenders and windows you think it's just as cool as your STi emblem cuz it's the same thing.

I just never understood decals if you aren't sponsored it's like why not start putting decals on your house too like Vizio HD or GE Appliances, I mean what's the difference? Seriously.

Ha, i can't believe you responded, hilarious. Oh ya, i stopped paying attention to lowered civics a long time ago, guess they still catch your eye, just sad

The emblem on the rims comes from the factory like that. Your dad didn't buy an AMG emblem and put it on the trunk in the same spot that ACTUAL AMG vehicles have the emblem.

If you are specifically putting the emblem in the spot it comes from the factory on actual vehicles you are clearly trying to portray something it is not.

I'll agree with you on if it is put on the exact spot, just because I once came across a C230 with the AMG badge on it and it looked kinda stupid. Though I do think it would be OK on a Legacy, just because there isn't an STi version of the car. I see a distinct difference between the two situations.

Ask your dad where he bought the AMG emblems. Autozone? Pep Boys? Jegs? I wanna get a few of those! :)

:lol: it's etched into the wheel! Those import stores that sell Honda parts should carry them ;)

lol nice try, im much older. The ones 18 or under are the ones putting emblems that dont belong on their car because they think it looks cool. AKA Rice. No function addition = Rice. Decals = rice.

Like I said before, why aren't you putting stickers on your house? Why not put Vizio HD or GE appliances on your house? Because it's f'ing stupid. Same with putting it on your car. You aren't sponsored. No one gives a F what mods you have. If you wanna talk about your mods that's what forums are for. Nancy driving her kids to school doesn't care about all the decals/emblems you have.

http://rlv.zcache.com/this_sticker_adds_25_horsepower_bumper_sticker-p128083721665619153trl0_400.jpg

watch it slugger, you never know who is 18 years old on here.

Ha, i can't believe you responded, hilarious. Oh ya, i stopped paying attention to lowered civics a long time ago, guess they still catch your eye, just sad

And why did you stop paying attention to them? Because they are rice? Because they only do it cuz it's cool? Because they are sl0w?

What is hilarious is all the people trying to play high and mighty with Subaru/STi but don't apply the same to lowered civics with type-r badges or a neon with AEM badges or what have you

I have removed every badge that came on my Leggy GT. To cover the holes on the trunk (where the Subaru Stars Emblem was), I put one of those L7 badges.

I have also removed every hair from my nutsac....just in case I meet your mom tonight!!

BURN!!!!!!!!!!!

I added the guages to my very much modded outback XT. They say STI on them. I added the pedals to my outback they have STI on them. I added the original factory STI badge to the back of the outback like phil when my car was fast enough to deserve it.

Oh and by the way..... the 2008-2009 STI I saw this past weekend with an expiration date of Nov 26th on his temp tag, was most certainly glad I had the STi emblem on the back of my outback when I SMOKED him light to light.

At least when i passed him like he was sitting still he understood that it wasnt ANY OLD OUTBACK that just took him to the cleaners. I got a nice TOOT TOOT from his horn at the next light :spin:

On an otherwise stock looking outback XT its my STi logo on the BACK that keeps them from this face :redface:

And lastly.... They put STi on legacies/outbacks and foresters in JAPAN when the car has been modded at the factory by STi...

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40585

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/09/subary-legacy-sti-package-introduced-in-japan/

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww76/JDMSTIFOZ/Adelaide%20Trip/IMG_0698.jpg

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww76/JDMSTIFOZ/Adelaide%20Trip/IMG_0654.jpg

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww76/JDMSTIFOZ/Adelaide%20Trip/IMG_0713.jpg

QFMFT

I wish there were more people who thought sleepers were cool instead of all these gd ricers who feel the need to put a decal on their car for ever little mod they buy.

:lol: I don't think debadged cars are sleepers. Anytime I see a car that is debadged, I know its modded. It does the exact opposite. This is a stupid topic though...

I dont see the big deal, We are all suby guys here and if some body wanted to put that badge on I wouldnt tell them oh thats stupid, I mean if it literally looked stupid then yes but I've seen plunty of people pull it off, For example I think it looks pretty sweet when somebody puts it on the side of their mesh grill. Is that really that bad? Stock understood but maybe stg1 flash with suspension work and maybe some sti wheels are just plain aftermarket wheels??

I just dont understand why dauber149 is being so anal about it, I know you are intitled to your own opinion but to me it just seems like your trying to make people mad??

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww76/JDMSTIFOZ/Adelaide%20Trip/IMG_0698.jpg

That is pure rice !

Honestly, who on earth would put those crappy STi bages on a stock Forester, just to make it look fast.

I bet the hood scoop is fake too, and the Brembos are not real Brembo brakes, they are just those stick on covers from eBay :rolleyes:

isnt that a forester sports...which hey im a newb but pretty sure came like that. its got an actual STi motor, brembos, blah blah f-in blah... if so, that sure as hell isnt rice. its factory sickness.

Yes, that is the Forester Sport.

No Brembos, no Sti motor, no blah blah.......

Rice.

:rolleyes:

That is pure rice !

Honestly, who on earth would put those crappy STi bages on a stock Forester, just to make it look fast.

I bet the hood scoop is fake too, and the Brembos are not real Brembo brakes, they are just those stick on covers from eBay :rolleyes:

Phil thats a JDM STI Forester ;)

Nothing wrong w/ this if you can back it up in some way. I have STi center cap stickers on my rota tarmac 2's, which look a lot better then the rota 'R' center caps (R= rice). I also have bils/swifts, JDM rear sway, and stg 1 w/ a turbo and DP waiting to go on.

I bet Subaru's stance on the STi branding would be to include all enthusiast not based on model but make.

I get people asking me if my car is an STi almost every other time I fill up at the gas station. "is that a subaru STi I have read about them"

Weird. Around here people subscribe to a philosophy called "mind you're own f-ing business & don't talk to strangers" but I guess where you live is different.

And if you say they dont give a flying f what anyone else is doing then why put part company decals on your car?

I don't

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest heightsgtltd

:lol:

That's the other part that Dauber hasn't figured out. Most of us are fans of a completely clean car, without stickers or any of that dumb shit :lol:

However, comparing putting an STi badge on a turbo legacy to putting a type R badge on a shitty civic is in now way the same thing :lol:

That's the other part that Dauber hasn't figured out. Most of us are fans of a completely clean car, without stickers or any of that dumb shit :lol:

However, comparing putting an STi badge on a turbo legacy to putting a type R badge on a shitty civic is in now way the same thing :lol:

Ahhh there it is, the elitism. So it's ok on a turbo legacy that runs 14s but not ok on a "shitty civic". Kinda like someone driving a z06 or S55 calling it a "shitty subaru"

Gotta love it

Also adding lots of emoticons doesn't make your posts better. lol

Guest heightsgtltd

dude you have serious problems :lol:

With honda's, there's either a type R (which isn't shitty) or a garden variety (which is for performance purposes). That's not exactly the same thing as Subarus with Turbos vs. the STI but you don't seem to understand analogies very well.

How is that elitist? BTW, you are totally changing your argument now which is even more amusing :lol:

and I'd like Dauber or someone else to show me how "type R" is a tuning arm of honda and applies to more than one model :lol:

Theres an NSX Type-R, Civic Type-R, Integra Type-R, and Accord Type-R

edit: wait let me make it like one of your posts. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest heightsgtltd

The NSX isn't even made any more, neither is the Integra, and you can't even get an Accord Type R here in the states.

and please show me where Type R is more than a model designation wheras STI is a performance line like SPT, has it's own website, parts, and stands for Subaru Tecnica International

Care to continue? :lol:

Archived