LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

Lame...same cheesy thing as mustang dudes putting Cobra badges on their base or GT trim car. Even though STI is a parts division of Subaru ....BOTTOM LINE is that everyone who uses that "STI" badge is clearly trying to imply that their car is some sick special edition STI model Legacy. STI badges on a Legacy cant be justified...its posing.

with the exception of the drivetrain and center diff, I had all STI parts in my 5EAT LGT, even down to the brembos, rims/tires. I felt more than confident that for the short time I placed an STI badge on my LGT that it was an LGT STI conversion.

Only until I had all those parts did I put any badging on the car. And after awhile, I took it all off except for the one on my front grill.

And ironically, I took every single STI badge that was removeable off my STI when I bought it. :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So only 402 legacy s402 models were produced, are you going to post pics of the one which you bought in Japan.....or a normal legacy gt with a s402 badge?

There is a big difference between an S402 where as it is an actual car, where as STi is NOT a car. Besides this thread is about an STi badge and has absolutely nothing to do with an S402.

Ok, here is my opinion. Badges are fine if you have some similar STI mods that are visible on the outside A.K.A. Big Brakes etc. You must also have a turbo other wise it looks rice to me.

This type of sensible rationalization will not be tolerated in this thread. ;):)

Btw, I couldn't agree more.

Guest LGT-NY
Ok, here is my opinion. Badges are fine if you have some similar STI mods that are visible on the outside A.K.A. Big Brakes etc. You must also have a turbo other wise it looks rice to me.

No offense but... this is the stupidest post I've ever read on this site... ever. :lol:

would this be like adding si to a civic after a 2.0L motor swap, type s to a TL after a 3.5L motor swap, type s to a corolla after installing the factory body kit, or adding a turbo badge to a supra after installing a turbo?

how would a battery tie down or oil filler cap that say sti be considered tuning?

would this be like adding si to a civic after a 2.0L motor swap, type s to a TL after a 3.5L motor swap, type s to a corolla after installing the factory body kit, or adding a turbo badge to a supra after installing a turbo?

how would a battery tie down or oil filler cap that say sti be considered tuning?

Because they are loghter and therefore make you go faster ;)

So you guys are saying that a car like this

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Raven2Felicity/Import%20Cars/import_tuner_5.jpg

should not be able to put all those badges on there? Because obviously that car only uses parts from each one of those manufacturers, but the badges are all over the car and not limited to what part is from what company.

I don't care what you guys say, I wouldn't call that car a ricer... and if it has parts from all those companies and the guy likes badges on his car, then I say let him put them there.

There are people who like clean cars and people who like cars with badges.

As long as you don't take off your Honda emblem and stick on an Acura emblem, it's ok IMO. If you use a part, you should be able to use the badge of that part however you want.

oh you can do whatever you like.

but I think it looks retarded... and as you said.. its just an opinion.

through the stickers however.. :wub: that car.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

So you guys are saying that a car like this

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Raven2Felicity/Import%20Cars/import_tuner_5.jpg

should not be able to put all those badges on there? Because obviously that car only uses parts from each one of those manufacturers, but the badges are all over the car and not limited to what part is from what company.

I don't care what you guys say, I wouldn't call that car a ricer... and if it has parts from all those companies and the guy likes badges on his car, then I say let him put them there.

There are people who like clean cars and people who like cars with badges.

As long as you don't take off your Honda emblem and stick on an Acura emblem, it's ok IMO. If you use a part, you should be able to use the badge of that part however you want.

yeah, but you know what, if the car didnt have stickers, it would look even better. so stickers detract from the look of the car.

Honda and Acura are the same company, and they market the same cars under the different names in different parts of the world.

So a guy with a Honda NSX is quite entitled to rebadge it as an Acura NSX if he so wishes.

^agreed.

on that same note, i dont see any issure with a legacy being badged as "BL5" or B4 or L7 .... etc because it it what it is and then its purely a style thing.

The places where people put the sti badge are the places where the OEM puts the badge to denote trim. Thats falsely portraying the car as if it was of STI trim. So let say you put STI badges like the above car along with other parts stickers since STI is also a parts maker. In that car you are ricing out the car. We can all agree the above car looks good, but i bet if we ran a poll, the vast majority of us would all agree that the stickers dont make the car look better. That would mean that the consensus is that sticker make the car look worse, not better, and therefore its lame.

Yes, it all comes down to opinion, but if you asked someone with a really riced out civic with stickers all over it if they thought their car looks good, they would say yes.

Honda and Acura are the same company, and they market the same cars under the different names in different parts of the world.

So a guy with a Honda NSX is quite entitled to rebadge it as an Acura NSX if he so wishes.

Not sure I agree with this.

Although they are the same company, the models released (at least in the US) are completely different. If this point is true, then Subaru's rebadged as STi's should have no problem, because both are the same company: Subaru!!

Then maybe we should all rebadge Toyota's to be Lexus'. How does that make sense??

I will agree that having stickers on is a very subjective thing. And I will agree that that picture I posted would look better without those stickers to me. But there is a difference between styling and misrepresentation. The stickers there are just for style points, not to mislead you about what the car is or what is under the hood.

As long as the stickers do not mislead you into thinking the car is something it's not, then I think it's ok. But if you rebadge a Honda as an Acura, you are misrepresenting the luxury level, power, and quality of the build of the car.

acura's rebadged as honda's are ok, lexus as toyota's are ok. people do this to make it look more jdm instead of usdm. if you do it the other way around it would look retarded. would you drive a corolla with lexus all over it or a lexus is300 with toyota altezza all over it?

to me a car thats completely debadged, to include the subaru emblem, looks like a car that has been rear ended and repaired. if you actually have the supporting sti mods to go with the badges and make it look stock no one would really complain because they wouldn't know if thats how it came from the factory or not.

Archived