LegacyGT.com

STI Badges on a Legacy: Cool or Lame?

Guest LGT-NY

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if you have any STI parts at all, it's acceptable. If you have none? That's a little weird then.

If you have a bunch of Cobb, Whiteline, RaceComp, Rota, Invidia, etc parts on the car and nothing by STI, why not put on one of those logos instead of STI? It would certainly make a lot more sense, unless STI is paying you to advertise for them?

i thought STI was a tuning/parts division of subaru. thus, if your car is neither tuned by nor comprised of STI parts, i dont feel like you should put STI stickers on your car.

my .02

At this point in my family life I can not afford to buy any type of STI Subaru, not even parts, but I have several STI hats and a t-shirt and several WRC t-shirts......

To answer the question = lame......

But of course everyone has their own concept/idea about "lame". I also think it lame when I see the license plate frame that reads "my other car is a corvette"......Peace

At this point in my family life I can not afford to buy any type of STI Subaru, not even parts, but I have several STI hats and a t-shirt and several WRC t-shirts......

But of course everyone has their own concept/idea about "lame". I also think it lame when I see the license plate frame that reads "my other car is a corvette"......Peace

You are right. STi stickers on a 2.5i would be very lame...

Isn't it just as lame to wear an STi T shirt if you don't own an Impreza STi then ?

Guest heightsgtltd
Isn't it just as lame to wear an STi T shirt if you don't own an Impreza STi then ?

No because Bencob never came standard as an STi :lol: :lol:

I dunno, it seems to me that you kinda need to earn it a bit before putting an STi sticker on there, maybe an OEM turbo upgrade or something to make it seem worth it.

There just seems like there's something holy about a STI decal/logo, it doesn't seem like it should be used haphazardly like a AEM sticker ;)

Guest LGT-NY
^ Billy, Just out of curiousity, what is your obsesion with SPT exhausts? You are snatching those things up like crazy. :lol:

naw, just hunting them like crazy. I don't have one yet. Mostly, I like how they look and how they sound: still understated, but with a bit of a power gain and a better soundtrack when I get on it. I think it's good to enhance the interaction between driver and car - same reason I bought a short-throw shifter shortly after I got the car.

Guest LGT-NY
Ohh, ok. Ive just seen you in alot of FS posts regarding the exhausts. I also saw you were interested in a stock catback. I have one for sale with 1000 miles on it if you're interested. PM me if so.

I'm interested in a stock cbe because I'm trying to pick up respect23's SPT, but he needs a stock one + cash. I want to keep my stockers, though, too, so I've been hunting that too. I think I'm set, but I'll let you know if I can use yours. Will you shoot me a PM with details about it, please? Thanks!

sorry to jack this thread. now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

putting a sti badge on is like putting a amg badge on your non amg merc. just cause you have amg wheels does no make it an amg model. same goes for us. so what if we have similar parts, its not an sti.

I tend to agree.

Of course, I prefer debadged and took off all my STI badges that I could. I had an STI badge on the LGT for a short time, but only after the STI swap and when I ran my first 12 sec run. Then it just looked wierd, so I took it off. Only one I had was on the front grill because it was a PITA to take off, so I left it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with putting an STI badge on any Subaru car, provided it has the parts to back it up. What annoys me (RICE) is when you slap on a sticker and have nothing of those parts. It's like slapping on an HKS sticker but having no HKS parts. In a way, it's like false advertisement. :lol: And an ambarassment when the little Honda hatchback hands you your ass at the track. If you're going to put performance stickers or labels on your car, just please have something to back it up. Otherwise, it's your car and do what you will.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

An STi is not a car. It qualifies that the car that has been tuned with STi products. Therefore, if you have STi products on your vehicle, then go ahead and throw an STi decal on it. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. :)

I beg to differ. I have 2 of them sitting in my garage, make the payments and pay the insurance every month... what does it say? it says Subaru STI (car) on the title, registration, insurance docs, and loan paperwork. Kinda like a WRX vs and Impreza vs an STI. Or an LGT vs Legacy or Outback. Somewhat the same, but different cars each one of them.

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived