LegacyGT.com

Pics of DIYand painted grills

lvethesnow

I bought two L clips at home depot. Ya know the things to help secure a computer desks or other things. Bent them back a little bit so the badge sits on an angle. Drilled two holes in the grill all the way by the back. Used some JB weld to hold badge in place. Over a month on there and hasnt gone anywhere. cant even see the L clips when looking at it. Can take a closer pictures if you'd like.

Oh ok cool. That would work pretty good. I was thinking about sliding a little bracket in between the grill and the chrome surround piece on the grill, and mounting the badge on that... Can I see some closer up pics?

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to throw up a quick update on my painted grill. So far it's been a couple months now, and it's held up awesome. No chips or flaking, nothing, still looks like it did when I put it on. It's been probably 4k miles in all sort of conditions and temps.

First post here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1948242&postcount=187

I was going to take an updated pic, but honestly, it really still just looks that new.

"This is an adventure."

• 1 month later...
^Better to paint the whole thing. Masking off everything but the chrome areas would be overly difficult. If you want to paint just the chrome "wings" on the grille, they come off...screws on the back.

That looks nice ric37. I like that spoiler too. Yes to ^ and black out those badges too. I did mine black and it looks pretty nice. Or maybe remove them entirely. The OEM splash guards would go well too. The Subaru logo on the bug guard will come off with some Goo-Gone and elbow grease.

Ok.. I'll stop now. ;)

black out the headlights and you'll be lookin even better! since you've got black fog bezel, black grill, and black spoiler :)

oh man i'd love to but it looks like a lot of work. i guess you have to take off the from bumper n all that. not to mention u have to bake it for a while. :)

Archived