LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

90% of the cars I tune are automatics and with the effects of the torque converter thrown in, it's notoriously difficult to measure small differences in torque.

That said, there is no reason an automatic should react any differently to an exhaust.

Again, far and away the biggest restriction in the exhaust path is the cat section. There's no way that changing anything downstream of that is going to improve things.

It's been shown many times that more noise makes people think they have more power. If it can't be measured on the dyno or with a stopwatch, it's placebo effect.

I don't care about 'teh rumble mang'.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

While playing with exhaust on the dyno..... When you have removed alot of

back pressure down low where there is no boost .... there is most times less

torque right when you roll on the throttle. But yes most people seem to feel its faster because its louder. I do alot of Harley stuff also. They are the best example of alot

of noise. No baffles ??? That bike is a big dog down low but will show some upper mid range gains and alittle more top end. With no back pressure ???? They loose big time

because they have no boost to get it back. Most guys with the soft rumble spank the guys with all the noise. People do relate loud to faster.

Hi guys.

Im a new Subaru owner , dumb ass and would love some direction on how to get better performance out of my Subaru Legacy BP5 S/W .

Its a stock standard 2.0l wagon.

Could you give me 5 easy tips in order to improve the performance a little?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 months later...
While playing with exhaust on the dyno..... When you have removed alot of

back pressure down low where there is no boost .... there is most times less

torque right when you roll on the throttle. But yes most people seem to feel its faster because its louder. I do alot of Harley stuff also. They are the best example of alot

of noise. No baffles ??? That bike is a big dog down low but will show some upper mid range gains and alittle more top end. With no back pressure ???? They loose big time

because they have no boost to get it back. Most guys with the soft rumble spank the guys with all the noise. People do relate loud to faster.

on that note, would it be better to run open downpipe or have a 3" catback on a turbo car? since, supposedly "the less backpressure the better" is what people have been saying, would it make a difference?

• I Donated Too
on that note, would it be better to run open downpipe or have a 3" catback on a turbo car? since, supposedly "the less backpressure the better" is what people have been saying, would it make a difference?

i used to have a catless dp before i had to sell it. what's the point of a cbe if you can just unbolt it after the dp and have no restriction?

you've been here long enough to have known all this already by some rudimentary research, man. Stop being lazy.

I noticed better response with my 3" catback on my car. It seemed to be more sluggish when I put the stock one back on. Like the low-mid range just seemed to be a bit slower to get moving.

I know megan racing did a dyno with a catback and showed in increase in power. you'd have to go back and search for the MR exhaust thread for there dyno sheet though.

My only thing is right now, I'm running catless up and dp, and I'm making 215awhp, and 315ft.lb torque on stock cbe, my aftermarket cbe arrives on Monday, so I'll have it installed by Tuesday and go to a dyno and have it checked. If I lose a bit of power I won't mind, but gaining is always cool. The sound factor is the key. Plus, running full catless....should I expect afterfire effects! :lol::lol:

• I Donated Too
lolololo stage 2 with just a dp and an AP map should be at least 230whp. with a good dyno tune, it's usually around 250whp.

lolololololZOMGBBQLOLOLOL!!!11!!11!

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/catted-vs-catless-dp-cel-203616.html?t=203616

says the OP of that gem^

People in glass houses...

• 1 month later...
What are proper fuel trim values for a,b,c,d. Trying to find some kind of reference to see how out of wack my fuel trims are.

Ideally? 0 for all. However, no tune is perfect so there will always be some changes made to the fueling by the ECU. Cell A can be between -5 and +5 without having to worry too much, but cell D should be as close to 0 as possible, between -1 and +1 I think.

Archived