The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone ever experienced the following problem:

Trying to log 17 parameters with my COBB AP V3 and was given an error message say that my 2005 GT does not support that many items to log.

Given this problem I opened up COBB Access TUNER Race and selected the parameters to log and was given a warning message that I have selected a large number of monitors. And basically might not log I guess.

If I'm not mistaken I believe the max number of parameters you can log on the:

Access Port: 15

Access Tuner Race: 15

I'm doing logs for Cryo. Has anyone run into this issue before?

If you try to log too many items at once, it can't accurately read that much data. You should probably ask Dave what he wants you to do and make sure nothing unnecessary is being logged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Really, I'll read into that. I'm new to the whole tuning/e-tuning process. I just finished installing my parts for a Stage-3 Stock Fueling, but I've got a CEL code P2016. So I'm now having to deal with the TGV Sensor. Gonna go check the connections, maybe the new EBCS is in the way or something. Hopefully I don't have to send some more cash. Edited by Rob05GT

• 3 months later...

Can someone check my log and LV to see if I'm doing alright. This is a repost from another thread I started, essentially I want to track down if i have a leak. If not I'm looking to reflash the ECU to something better.

I'm all stock right now running the stock ECU. Is there a recommended off the shelf map i can use with my Tactrix to get better results?

659249773_LearningView_SS_4-26-201423051PM.jpg.b94e1094c5657a29e7c36ab60787492f.jpg

romraiderlog_20140426_144952.csv

Can someone check my log and LV to see if I'm doing alright. This is a repost from another thread I started, essentially I want to track down if i have a leak. If not I'm looking to reflash the ECU to something better.

I'm all stock right now running the stock ECU. Is there a recommended off the shelf map i can use with my Tactrix to get better results?

That looks 100% normal for stock...

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Thanks Dave. Should I look into reflashing the stock ECU Map to an aftermarket that is better designed for stock? My plan is eventually to get to stage 2 and get a real tune but prior to this, im interested in potentially adjusting my map to fit better.

That looks 100% normal for stock...

Dave

What is your current boost level? Much more than 17psi and you risk blowing your IC tabs, with the stock unit. Your car should spool a bit faster and probably hold boost a bit longer, but without an upgrade, you won't use the full potential of a 3 port BCS.

Ask your tuner what your target boost is, or data log if you have the ability. Also, make sure you do not install the 3 port before going to your tuner. You will over boost significantly.

I have a question about cost. I had to replace my blown turbo around Christmas. Found a local tuner who did a good job. BUT.. .now I have upgraded injectors, fuel pump and TMIC in hand I basically have to start over on the tune... another $400-500 for dyno tune after the parts are installed. That is really adding on to what I have already paid.

Would I be better off going with Cobb Access Port or Open Port at this point or stick with their tuning? The Cobb or OS would allow me to log data and make my own changes without having to pay for it every time, but no dyno tuning. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Mark

I have a question about cost. I had to replace my blown turbo around Christmas. Found a local tuner who did a good job. BUT.. .now I have upgraded injectors, fuel pump and TMIC in hand I basically have to start over on the tune... another $400-500 for dyno tune after the parts are installed. That is really adding on to what I have already paid.

Would I be better off going with Cobb Access Port or Open Port at this point or stick with their tuning? The Cobb or OS would allow me to log data and make my own changes without having to pay for it every time, but no dyno tuning. I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Mark

Fuel pump and TMIC you don't need to tune for, but to tune injectors properly you'll need a WBO2. once you have that, tuning injectors yourself isn't too difficult as long as they're not crazy big.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A bit of background before my question:

'07 Spec.B, bought it stage 2, which was dynotuned on S# (265awhp/310awtq). Car came with Accessport and has CNT catted DP with Magnaflow cat-back. Yesterday, roommate and I decided to enable launch control for fun. Downloaded AccessTuner and got the latest update, flashed the ECU to enable launch control, but flashed while it was just on Sport. Car now feels a bit more peppier on Sport than it does on Sport#.

Finally the question: Should I have flashed originally on Sport#/should I re-flash on Sport#, or is this all in my head?

All in your head. You can't flash just sport or sport#. They're two different throttle mappings that are part off the same flash. You can change the three mappings to be as tame or aggressive as you want. MAYBE you got a sport map that's more aggressive than sport#

Ask your tuner what your target boost is, or data log if you have the ability. Also, make sure you do not install the 3 port before going to your tuner. You will over boost significantly.

Running consistently 18psi throughout all the gears. Good and even powerband too.