LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

when I purchased my 2005 Legacy GT last year I was told by the former owner that it is equipped already with a ((stage 2 safe tune)) from the company called INFAMOUS. I want to order the Cobb AccessPORT tuner ASAP for this car however I am NOT sure if there will be conflict loading it or installing knowing about this other existing tune supposedly already done. If someone would kindly shoot me a quick email please.... generaljoe67@verizon.net

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buying an AP would kill off your old Infamous tune, which depending on what parts you have, is not advisable. So... what parts do you have?

An AP would have off-the-shelf (premade, non custom) maps for stage 2 hardware (UP and DP) but anything more than that would really need a custom tune.

BTW, Infamous is here on the forum.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/infamous-performance-and-tuning-111.html

Why do you feel the need for an AP when you already have a tune? More specifically: what features on the AP make you want to fork over the money for it?

sorry, noob question, what A/F guage/ controller is recommended for tuning purposes? I'm currently stage 3 with a dyno tune, but not happy with it. Gonna have the car retuned with an E-tune and tuner needs me to have a wideband A/F guage. Just curious as to which one I should get. Thanks in advance

My car has a "stage 2" map from Infamous, at the time it had a Perrin turbo inlet, GS catless UP, and a "gutted" stock DP. Boost is at 17lbs. This was the previous owner's setup. I dynoed it at 225/275.

I recently added an Invidia Q300 exhaust and a CNT racing catted downpipe. How much will it hurt things to wait before getting retuned? The car definitely feels a little quicker and holds peak boost much better.

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

If your car isn't running into fuel cut you should be okay. For sure you will spool s bit faster going to a proper downpipe, so you might find in some cases you over-spool a little a trip a fuel cut. If that happens you will need to have the tune adjusted a little. If you had the tools to log a pull or take a Learning View we could help further.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Well, once you have a cable you also have the means by which Shamar could update your tune.
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-OBD-II-2-KKL-409-1-OBD2-Cable-VAG-COM-for-VW-AUDI-/310431529095?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4847293887

9 bucks free shipping. I recommend getting 2 just in case, and find yourself a laptop and you're ready to go!

All the drivers and software you need can be found in a post in tuning section.

I think I have a leak somewhere, or my injectors. they just keep slowly going more and more negative. No idea what it is this time. I was thinking maybe intercooler or ic/tb hose. Any help would be appreciated.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1565&pictureid=8538

I think I have a leak somewhere, or my injectors. they just keep slowly going more and more negative. No idea what it is this time. I was thinking maybe intercooler or ic/tb hose. Any help would be appreciated.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1565&pictureid=8538

What are your mods, stock intake and stock injectors?

uppipe, downpipe, and in the middle of stage 2 tune. Figured if it were injectors it would be positive numbers, so the only thing I can come up with is leak in ic, tb-ic hose, intake manifold gaskets, or tgv-engine gasket.

sorry, noob question, what A/F guage/ controller is recommended for tuning purposes? I'm currently stage 3 with a dyno tune, but not happy with it. Gonna have the car retuned with an E-tune and tuner needs me to have a wideband A/F guage. Just curious as to which one I should get. Thanks in advance

Most use an AEM UEGO or Innovate LC1 or LM1. As with all parts I would suggest talking to your tuner first to see what they suggest.

I need suggestions for a dyno in the Chicago / northern IL region.

I know about AMS and I'm looking for others to compare timing / price /attitude.

any help is appreciated!

thanks

sixstarmotorsports.com in Schaumburg

They are amazing guys to deal with. Big difference from AMS

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Most use an AEM UEGO or Innovate LC1 or LM1. As with all parts I would suggest talking to your tuner first to see what they suggest.

Q Does RomRaider support aftermarket wideband O2 sensor logging?

RomRaider version 0.5.5b and up supports the following WBO2s:

• 14point7 NAW_7S
  • AEM UEGO (9600 & 19200 baud)
  • AEM X-WiFi
  • Innovate LC-1
  • Innovate LM-1
  • Innovate LM-2 (mts)
  • Innovate MTS (all MTS compatible devices on Windows OS only)
  • Phidgets PhidgetInterfaceKit series for 0–5VDC raw sensors
  • PLX Devices SM-AFR (any single instance of a sensor found in the iMFD signal)
  • TechEdge (data format 2.0 only)
  • TXS Tuner & Tuner Pro
  • Zeitronix Zt-2 (including other sensor inputs)

Anyone have a general idea if a EBCS will increase power?

I just realized I did my tune using only my downpipe and up pipe, both catless, with stock catback, and the numbers were 215awhp, and 315lb torque

I bought a catback after the tune, and considering a Grimmspeed EBCS, and maybe a pulley. Rough ideas if there is any power gain to that?

Anyone have a general idea if a EBCS will increase power?

I just realized I did my tune using only my downpipe and up pipe, both catless, with stock catback, and the numbers were 215awhp, and 315lb torque

I bought a catback after the tune, and considering a Grimmspeed EBCS, and maybe a pulley. Rough ideas if there is any power gain to that?

If you're able to hit and hold the boost targets set by your tuner, there's no power to be had using a 3-port BCS. Some cars do not hit stage 2 targets with the stock boost control pill in the lines. Some cars still fail to hit boost targets with the correct pill and in that case they probably have a weak wastegate actuator. Post a log so we can see if your boost is holding up to normal stage 2 levels. The peak number is not enough, we need to see how it does from 2k0rpm all the way to redline. Also log Primary WGDC.

what info needs logged with the cobb to get a e-tune? what kind/style logs needed?--thinknig about trying to get an e-tune before i swap back to the oem downpipe. catless up/dp and it runs pretty lean, but with bypass valve set to open atmosphere and not recirc it runs little richer. stumbles in same spots and worse in open atmosphere than recirc.

Figured this was tune related so I'd post a link here as well.

If your design savy and feel like winning a free e-tune check out this design contest, it ends on the 15th. You can win a credit to sell it as well if your not in need currently, good luck!

LOGO DESIGN CONTEST

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cryotune-performance-logo-design-contest-210189p2.html

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 1 month later...
ok so i am basically a noob when it comes to tuning. i have an 05 legacy 2.5i 5mt that is almost entirely stock. what sort of options do i have for n/a tuning? in progress, modded stock intake (smooth pipe from filter box to throttle body) and soon exhaust. my goal is basically to get better throttle response, maybe a few hp, better mpg when my foots not in it, and keep off the cel (i have three cats and somethings gotta go!) any ideas, suggestions? thanks in advance guys...

You could free up your exhaust and get some more power without even doing any tuning, or get a bigger intake and tune for that along with some increased timing. You can also adjust the requested torque at lower throttle positions to get better throttle response.

thanks for the input. along the line of throttle response, does anyone else have this problem: pulling up a hill from a dead stop, and you get like 2-3 seconds of almost no throttle no matter where you put the pedal. then it revs up like normal. it is drive-by-wire. any chance i could get help if i tune? also, who does open-source n/a tuning? infamous maybe?

Archived