LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

Lol I have a lead foot sister inlaw who's truck we borrow sometimes so I'd put valet mode on her. And I would like an e85 tune although there are only 3 gas stations that carry it in town. ( I could get stranded if I plan poorly )

And launch control how cool shalt thou be?

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol I have a lead foot sister inlaw who's truck we borrow sometimes so I'd put valet mode on her. And I would like an e85 tune although there are only 3 gas stations that carry it in town. ( I could get stranded if I plan poorly )

And launch control how cool shalt thou be?

Then I guess AP will be suitable for you

Launch control and Flat Foot Shift...

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

• 1 month later...
Turns out my car has an ecutek tune on it already... I'm quite pissed....

I had an ecutek tune. Shortly thereafter, bought an accessport. Never looked back.

____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

So the AP writes over it no problem ??? If that's the case i'll be ordering an AP Soon...

before you buy an accessport, call Cobb and ask them if the AP ver 2 will still overwrite the Ecu-tek flash. I know the old firmware did, but some have said that with the new firmware it has changed. I know that on the old 2.0's you couldn't do it, you would have to get a new ecu. The 2.5's can be reflashed, just make sure you can do it with the AP, and not have to send it in to Cobb.

____Spending funds in mass quantities! I keep telling myself it's just a hobby?

I'm going to (finally) start taking baby steps towards learning how to, well, tune. I will make sure to let you know as soon as the motor is blown :lol:

I am using Cobb's ATR, is the included guide a good starting point for reading? I am sure there are other docs I need to be aware of.

There are a couple of things I need to tweak in the current map which I don't want to touch until I fully understand everything.

I need to bump up the fuel cut/rev limit by a couple hundred RPMs to keep the auto from bumping it on 1-2 shifts. There are two values. Why is that?

I noticed Learning View cuts off at 1.6 load while others I have seen go higher and I need to disable FLKC below 1.2 or 1.4 due to noise. Do I simply change the load ranges in the corresponding table to see LV above 1.6?

I have a lot of reading to do, don't I?

I am trying to tune my 2008 Legacy 2.5i, Ive got the Tatrix cable but I can only find the 2008 Legacy 2.5i AT definition and the 2008 impreza 2.5i MT definition.

Am i screwed?

a tuner should be tuning your stock map for improvements....you'd pull the map and make adjustments, flash it, log it, LV it.

I have a stock 09 LGT 5speed, with k&n drop in filter, i am planning on purchaseing a tactrix cable and want to start tuning. once I get the tactrix cable, where do I start with this process to get some HP?

I have a stock 09 LGT 5speed, with k&n drop in filter, i am planning on purchaseing a tactrix cable and want to start tuning. once I get the tactrix cable, where do I start with this process to get some HP?

Uhh I'd be very careful as one wrong move can blow things apart. http://Www.romraider.com. Read A LOT first. It takes a long time to figure out what to edit and how to, and the reaction from the changes.

Uhh I'd be very careful as one wrong move can blow things apart. http://Www.romraider.com. Read A LOT first. It takes a long time to figure out what to edit and how to, and the reaction from the changes.

I do believe you, that's why I am here. I'm not planning on hooking the cable up to my car and just starting to change settings. I though I could start with a simple stage 1 map from someone.

So going to be putting in a 16g with injectors and pump...

Infamous1 recommends a WBo2.....any recommendations on brand or model ?

Is this thing permanently installed or just for logging ?

Will a LC-1 do the job, I don't need a gauge, this will be for open source logging.

Thanks for any info

What bad things? I have had a lc-1 with a gauge for years and no problems
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I haven't paid much attention since I don't own one. But, people are often grumbling about flakey LC-1s on romraider and nasioc forums.

I know of two tuners that stopped using Innovative WBs and went to PLX, and had much better success with PLX ones.

I have also heard of many people complaining about the LC-1. Doesn't mean everyone will have problems.

Do you guys have model number for the PLX, this will just be for etuning. Also for the PLX is there a optimal location for the sensor ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTRKGP9N1PY&feature=channel_page]YouTube - SM-AFR Wideband O2 Air/Fuel Controller Introduction[/ame]

~200 is comperable to LC-1

since I wont be using gauge anyways.

I think "SM-AFR" is the part number. It's the one on the top-left of this page (click me). I have mine mounted right behind the turbo, in the downpipe bellmouth. Anywhere downstream of the turbo and upstream of the catalytic converter would be fine, provided it isn't bumping into the firewall or the underside of the car.

I think they all use the same sensor, the differences are in the controller part.

If you ever do decide to add a gauge, PLX has a graphical gauge that's really cool. And if you get multiple sensors you can chain them together to drive that one gaugee, or get separate gauges. It's a nice system.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks NSFW

Just picked up the SM AFR, trying to figure out how it installs.

I think I got it, but just wanted to run it by you...

I believe you are the same person form the Romraider threads on PLX and logger and DIY usb-serial cable.

My gauge has a AFR input that is just a single wire. I assume (please correct me if I am wrong) that 12V has to be sent to both power on the PLX as well as the analog output terminal ? Same with ground, and that a resistor is needed between WB and Ground ?

PLX.jpg.e29123ead08c4149ed441cb0fcc09a9c.jpg

Just seems odd that 12v has to be applied twice and same with ground.

Thanks so much for the help.

Yep, that's me over there too.

I'm not sure how to hook the SM-AFR to your gauge, but I would not connect +12 to the analog out without being absolutely sure that's correct. I'm pretty sure it's not correct and I strongly suspect it'll let the magic smoke out of something.

Typically when there's set of positive/ground/signal wires like that, the positive and ground wires are to be connected to the signal inputs (not power inputs) of another device.

What gauge are you connecting the SM-AFR to?

Thanks, Its Lossol's vent boost gauge found in the interior section of these forums.

Yep I believe you are right, after I posted I went and grabbed a multi meter to test the analog out. With only ground and WB(singal) connected I saw expected voltages. Running the sensor in open air, I saw 2.4v increasing to 4.95V

Archived