LegacyGT.com

The Official Tuning Thread

Infamous1

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may get lost in the mess but I've been reading for the last couple hours about tuning and my mind is ready to explode.

Basically, I have a an 05 LGT, auto, bone stock. Is it possible for me to join the tuning ranks or should I just leave it alone? Ever since I bought this thing my need for speed just keeps going and going...

Whether or not you can join the ranks depends entirely on you and your willingness to learn it, have patience and a knack for it. Some things we are simply not good at. I am simply overwhelmed at this point and the best I learn is with a mentor, so ...

This may get lost in the mess but I've been reading for the last couple hours about tuning and my mind is ready to explode.

Basically, I have a an 05 LGT, auto, bone stock. Is it possible for me to join the tuning ranks or should I just leave it alone? Ever since I bought this thing my need for speed just keeps going and going...

For $150 a tune purchased through InfamousPerformance.net would be a much better way of going about learning. I believe his tunes are not locked, meaning you could tinker with it. Much better than just starting off on your own in my opinion.

If you want to have a tuned car, then buy a tune. But if you want to learn to tune, buy books instead. :) There are a few stage-2 tunes at romraider.com to use as references when you are ready to start tuning your own.

Can't wait for my infamous tune. So I didn't, used Russ stg2 tune off romradier. Don't do it! It turned my learning view into a red and blue Christmas tree. Ran it for 6 mo. Without blowing the motor somehow. Now using smitty69's map. Holds 17psi all day runs awesome LV looks a million times better too. Like I said can not wait to have it tuned right. Good luck get a cable and a good laptop and do it.

• 4 weeks later...
I used the guys at PDX (one of the advertisers on our forum here) and they did an outstanding job in very little time. Maps for E85, premium, as well as valet, economy and other maps. My GT wagon absolutely sings now! I highly recommend them.

As a newcomer to the tuning scene I'm loving the resources on here - thanks! I recently installed a Cobb down pipe and AVO piping and mufflers and a K & N intake on my 5at '08 LGT. I have a Cobb Access Port but I hear that the Stage II isn't enough with the intake, only the exhaust mods? I've thought about taking the intake off and using the Stage II but I'm wondering how much I'll lose by doing that? Any suggestions? Thanks again.

As a newcomer to the tuning scene I'm loving the resources on here - thanks! I recently installed a Cobb down pipe and AVO piping and mufflers and a K & N intake on my 5at '08 LGT. I have a Cobb Access Port but I hear that the Stage II isn't enough with the intake, only the exhaust mods? I've thought about taking the intake off and using the Stage II but I'm wondering how much I'll lose by doing that? Any suggestions? Thanks again.

go back to the stock intake. the downpipe and exhaust sections are whats important and what makes stage 2....stage 2. the stock intake is PLENTY suffice until you upgrade to an 18g turbo or higher.

People say removing the resonator from the stock box increases airflow too. I have no evidence of this but I did remove mine.

the intake duct or the placenta looking thing under teh air box?

the placenta thing under the airbox, that's supposedly the resonator. The thing that looks like a milk jug. I'd definitely not remove the duct.

I was worried at first about the car sucking hot air from the engine bay but when moving the intake temp difference is never 10-15 degrees hotter, and this is on 90-day temps in the city. I still wonder though if at stoplights it ends up sucking more hot air ...

I keep the duct on and strongly suggest others to as well when I see it off. It works well, though looks tarded. I haven't touched the placenta as I heard it changes the flow characteristics....I don't want my maf scaling to be off AT ALL

Archived