LegacyGT.com

Rotrex power for 3.0R

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OK! Here is first Dyno reslult with EZ36R

( This stock Spec B gave 238hp/287nm in the same dyno :lol: )

Legacy EZ36R / Rotrex C38/81

388hp / 6475rpm

455nm /4195rpm ( +340nm 2000-7000rpm )

Max Boost 0.64bar :p

we reached the limit of the STi MY08 Fuel pump and stock MAF sensor at 6500rpm :mad:

Now we have AVO Hi-Flow pump and MAF has been remapped...Now engine runs great to redline 7000rpm ( 0.75Bar boost ) :rolleyes:

( sorry no 7000rpm dyno results so far )

• 1 month later...
**subscribed**

Being in Japan, I should be able to do this, albeit very slowly....

Tomcat: Been to Finland. I love the country. Nice people.

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Back to business...

Again small problem...MAF "hose/tube" is too small ( 69mm ) and airflow continuously reach the limit...We made the new MAF tube ( 75mm ) but we have to remap the hole airflow map again, well...positive thing is that now we can get more power and hopefully MAF sensor can finaly read totally airflow...:spin:

Thanks!! :rolleyes:

Back to business...

Again small problem...MAF "hose/tube" is too small ( 69mm ) and airflow continuously reach the limit...We made the new MAF tube ( 75mm ) but we have to remap the hole airflow map again, well...positive thing is that now we can get more power and hopefully MAF sensor can finaly read totally airflow...:spin:

I will be interested to see if a 75mm tube will not be maxed out by your combo. From my familiarity with engines in general, I would have bumped your MAF tube to 90mm and tuned from there. A boosted 3.6L spinning at 7000rpm is moving a LOT of CFM. Good luck and let us know what you come up with. BTW, congrats on your success so far!

I will be interested to see if a 75mm tube will not be maxed out by your combo. From my familiarity with engines in general, I would have bumped your MAF tube to 90mm and tuned from there. A boosted 3.6L spinning at 7000rpm is moving a LOT of CFM. Good luck and let us know what you come up with. BTW, congrats on your success so far!

Yes you are right...but If you like that engine works perfectly in normaly dayly street use, it is better that you bumped up MAF tube step by step. The first step 75mm, then 80mm, then 90mm... Do not use 90mm tube if engine runs great with 75mm tube...

Yes you are right...but If you like that engine works perfectly in normaly dayly street use, it is better that you bumped up MAF tube step by step. The first step 75mm, then 80mm, then 90mm... Do not use 90mm tube if engine runs great with 75mm tube...

I agree completely, you have a great method for tuning your combo from what it looks like. Your logging will give you the info you need to make the best decision on where to go next and to find the best pieces to your combo. A lot of folks just look for the biggest HP numbers and throw driveability out the window as a sacrafice. Personally, I don't see why you can't have both with the electronic logging capabilities these days. A heck of a lot easier today than having to drop the bowls to swap out jets and reading your plugs...ah modern technology!

This is great Tomcat! I've been looking for this kind of engine tune in ages. I'm Danish and I'm moving to Malmoe, Sweden soon so I can afford the Spec.B I've always wanted but I wanted a little more juice than the factory specs. And imagine I finally found someone who did it, and it's practically in my back yard.... well as opposed to North America, Australia or Japan! How cool is that!?! I'd love to hear a bit more about what you did, and if I can get it done on mine if I buy a MY07 Spec.B Wagon in Sweden. I'd even drive up to your tuner in Finland and get him to do the mods for me if possible!

So trying to remap the stock ECU (fuel/O2 mix, general remap, etc...) is a pain in the ass? Is the ECU Tek the only way to go to add some power (other than the project you've done or an SC)? I ask because I have an 06 JDM 3.0R Spec B, and the ECU should be similar or the same as European versions.

Basically, if some simple mods were done (intake, up/down pipe), could a tune give me a little more HP? I'd like 20 - 25 more without being greedy. Ideally, I'd like 50 more but I'm a realist.

Archived