LegacyGT.com

Rotrex power for 3.0R

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's a company here that has a turbo for a 3.0, but I think I would go with an SC.

And my bad on the pipes...I should have said intake / headers... I know my exhaust headers start dual and neck down to the cat, so I wonder if a dual cat, true dual would be worth the time. Probably not.

Hi!

I have OEM headers cutted from Collectors ( No Cat ) then from collectors 2 x 2 1/4" to center section ( 3" and no Cat ) the rest of the exhaust is from GT-Legacy ( hi-flow system 3" and rear 2 x 2.5" ) I use 4 mufflers ( two in center cection and two in rear )

• 3 weeks later...
OK! Here is first Dyno reslult with EZ36R

( This stock Spec B gave 238hp/287nm in the same dyno :lol: )

Legacy EZ36R / Rotrex C38/81

388hp / 6475rpm

455nm /4195rpm ( +340nm 2000-7000rpm )

Max Boost 0.64bar :p

we reached the limit of the STi MY08 Fuel pump and stock MAF sensor at 6500rpm :mad:

Now we have AVO Hi-Flow pump and MAF has been remapped...Now engine runs great to redline 7000rpm ( 0.75Bar boost ) :rolleyes:

( sorry no 7000rpm dyno results so far )

Great numbers!!!

Tomcat, how do you think how long can stock internals (pistons, rods, crank, bearings) hold the power? Are you going to put in stronger ones in future? Do you use thicker than stock gaskets to lower compression ratio (CR)? Or CR is stock? What petrol do you use?

Where does your tuning shop locate in Finland? In Lahti? I live not far from the Russia-Finland border, in Saint-Petersburg...

Great numbers!!!

Tomcat, how do you think how long can stock internals (pistons, rods, crank, bearings) hold the power? Are you going to put in stronger ones in future? Do you use thicker than stock gaskets to lower compression ratio (CR)? Or CR is stock? What petrol do you use?

Where does your tuning shop locate in Finland? In Lahti? I live not far from the Russia-Finland border, in Saint-Petersburg...

I just read The Perrin thread how they swapped in a 3.0 into an STI and the main part that they changed in the engine were forged low compression pistons than added a GT35. They made around 440 whp with stock like STi spool.

This was in their first build, since then they have completely built the engine and added a GT40.

I would like to do something like this when my 2.5T fails but with a 3.6 from the Tribeca :)

which trany are you using??

and what is your final ratio??

cause for my car 3.0R I can do the same with the 2nd gear exactly

Funny gear ratios in your Legacy??

I used stock 6-speed tranny and gear ratios are almost identical with WRX STi MY04

For the quoter mile I blast the finish line at the 5-gear.

• 1 month later...

Latest news...

One G-tech test ( This old G-tech has been checked on dragstrip and it gives abrox 0.0 - 0.1s positive times and 1-2mph positive speed compare dragstrip ET )

0-62mph 4.75s

1/4mile 12.78s / 113mph

Dyno day results ( 0.65bar boost, reprogrammed map )

299.5Kw / 407hp 6600rpm

500nm 4300rpm ( 300nm 1500rpm / 400nm 7000rpm :p )

So what next?? Waiting for new Headers to arrive...:cool:

That's awesome.

Good on you mate!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Just curious, but why didn't you turbocharge your 3.0r? I remember seeing that Perrin through on a GT30 and it spooled like a stock sti and hit like 380-400 whp on a stock block :)

I know the job would be a little more custom but it seems like you are in pretty deep with this setup already (money wise).

Rotrex type charger setup can use stock ECU ( EcuTek ) because it runs like NA setup...

Turbo need totally different engine management, and we do not know any plug and play system for Legacy 3.0L MY07 ECU.

Now we run with 0.65bar boost ( 407hp/500nm ) and car works perfectly for dayly driven.. it takes example less fuel than my Outback 3.0L AT

( 30K miles behind )

Archived