LegacyGT.com

Rotrex power for 3.0R

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Yeah. It is definitley possible. I am not sure I would be complaining about a 3.6 GT40 in my legacy. Or maybe twin gt28's :)

BTW, Did you find a house in blacksburg praedet. Still liking your pdx 330? I am still debating the PDX 350 if they ever get lgt fitment down.

• 4 weeks later...
can the 5 speed auto be supercharged (legacy 3.0R)? maybe there's other spices required for my kind of soup.... and actually it isn't that easy to supercharge the 6 speed 3.0, I think you'll need more mods on the engine, maybe other stock parts from the legacy GT or the STI... am I right? cause you make it sound to easy

and actually it isn't that easy to supercharge the 6 speed 3.0, I think you'll need more mods on the engine, maybe other stock parts from the legacy GT or the STI... am I right? cause you make it sound to easy

Well the engine isn't the problem, only mods for Supercharged EZ30R engine are

- PCV charged style lines/mods

- Remapped ECM

- Injectors ( example from WRX STi )

SC brackets, SC beltlines, SC olicooler+lines, intercooler+lines/pipes, exhaust, Fuel pump, Induct system+Airfilter...All those other mods, they take time and money...

• 3 weeks later...
can the 5 speed auto be supercharged (legacy 3.0R)? maybe there's other spices required for my kind of soup.... and actually it isn't that easy to supercharge the 6 speed 3.0, I think you'll need more mods on the engine, maybe other stock parts from the legacy GT or the STI... am I right? cause you make it sound to easy

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/subaru5eat.shtml

check this out

• 4 weeks later...
In for sound clips too.

SBT

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxPX6LnELZY]YouTube - Spec B Burnout[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgUHyeeSJyE]YouTube - Legacy Spec B 1/4mile 12.19s/114mph[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think we got now 420hp /500nm from engine...

That hp + 3550lb weight, 12.1s/114mph...hmm. I can live with that.

Engine is also totally stock, and it is not made for charged systems, so all internals, pistons, rods are bullshit compare Turbo models.

3.6L is much more comfortable/pleasant to drive ( usefull power from 800-7000rpm ) It also got better miles/gallon economy compare 2.5L turbo.

I know it is much more easy to get 500hp/600nm from 2.5L turbo, but, is it pleasant for daily use after that???

NOTE! This Spec B 3.6L is my mobile office, so it have to work perfectly 365days/year,...now it do that job mightily :wub:

Tomcat, that's quite incredible! Flat out awesome actually. Especially that you did in a place where Legacy aftermarket support is I presume very small if not non-existent. I don't want to even think how much $$$ it ran you...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived