LegacyGT.com

Rotrex power for 3.0R

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any updates and kit pricing, asked a few pages back no answer. How is engine holding up? What was final boost pressure?

Well, I cant give any "Kit pricing" because we have done so much custon work for this project, the Rotrex kit cost abrox 2800usd but thats nothing compare other costs...

What comes to the engine...we have lost one "the thing" from Gruppe-S

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111427

But now we have finaly OEM EZ36R from wrecked Tribeca and it has worked just fine.

The MAX boost for stock engine is 0.8bar becauce detonation risk is too big with Pump Gas. Now I have 0.65Bar boost for daily use = 410hp/500nm from crank. With that low boost the car is definately trustfull for any street use...

NEW DYNO RESULTS COMING SOON!!!

I'm not impressed with power based off those dragtimes. There's plenty of 2.5L engines doing that. All it takes is a GT30 maybe a GT35.

I'd like to see a dyno chart and see where the power is in the rpm range.

I dont know if you have ever not hated :lol: You came all the way thru this thread to hate on the mans works :lol: Just like underdog's thread :p Man cheer up

Tomcat

So you say with the EZ30 engine the main problem is the water pump, doesn't flow enough? And if I understand correctly the water pump from the 36 doesn't fit the 30 either?

Hmmm... where did I say so??:rolleyes: Water pump is not the broblem, well only problem was that Gruppe-S faulty water pump, it was all ready broken so we prepare it...( Gruppe-S 3.6L engine got some kind of malformed waterpump?? OEM EZ30R or EZ36R water pump does not fit for that Gruppe-S engine???? )

we have had some minor coolant problem ( Only heating problems comes up in track days, no any problem in street use ) because that small OEM radiator. It work just fine with 2.5L turbo engines, but not in our case, looks like it is too small for charged 3.6L, FMIC can add some broblems to?? No we have a new oil cooler + new aluminum radiator...No coolant broblems any more :spin:

Tomcat

Sorry champ, I wasn't trying to put a spin on the water pump issue, I misunderstood that the 3.0 had cooling issue, however this is not true.

I need to reread and understand why the 3.0 engine was not a good choice and why the 3.6 was better

Tomcat

Sorry champ, I wasn't trying to put a spin on the water pump issue, I misunderstood that the 3.0 had cooling issue, however this is not true.

I need to reread and understand why the 3.0 engine was not a good choice and why the 3.6 was better

I think that 3.0 can be better what comes to internals, so only reason for EZ36R was the engine big size :lol:

Now I have 0.65Bar boost for daily use = 410hp/500nm from crank. With that low boost the car is definately trustfull for any street use...

NEW DYNO RESULTS COMING SOON!!!

:wub: New Dyno results!!

422.5hp/7000rpm and 501nm/5000rpm 0.66Bar boost ( from crank )

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not impressed with power based off those dragtimes. There's plenty of 2.5L engines doing that. All it takes is a GT30 maybe a GT35......and a prayer you don't scatter your pistons through the bottom of your block.....

fixed.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling the urge to tear the 2.5 out of the lgt and find myself a wrecked tribeca. Maybe I'll drop the LGT drivetrain into one of the 3rd gen outbacks I have lying around... Oh the possibilities!

Look what you have done!! I must have torque!!!

Oh wait, I'm married now... this isn't going to work out, excuse me while I go sob in the corner and mutter about lost opportunity...

Archived