LegacyGT.com

Rotrex power for 3.0R

Rotrex type charger setup can use stock ECU ( EcuTek ) because it runs like NA setup...

Turbo need totally different engine management, and we do not know any plug and play system for Legacy 3.0L MY07 ECU.

Now we run with 0.65bar boost ( 407hp/500nm ) and car works perfectly for dayly driven.. it takes example less fuel than my Outback 3.0L AT

( 30K miles behind )

I wonder why that is ? both methods are forced induction and both alter AFR to a degree is it just due to the nature of a supercharger vs turbo?

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder why that is ? both methods are forced induction and both alter AFR to a degree is it just due to the nature of a supercharger vs turbo?

Belt drive supercharger system is much more easy to handle what comes to engine management table/chart...

Belt drive supercharger system is much more easy to handle what comes to engine management table/chart...[/quote

I see no wonder i hear 2.5i guys wanting to venture down this road you could make it work easier with stock ECU

Rotrex type charger setup can use stock ECU ( EcuTek ) because it runs like NA setup...

Turbo need totally different engine management, and we do not know any plug and play system for Legacy 3.0L MY07 ECU.

Now we run with 0.65bar boost ( 407hp/500nm ) and car works perfectly for dayly driven.. it takes example less fuel than my Outback 3.0L AT

( 30K miles behind )

Ooh, 407 hp & 368 lb/ft of torque... that would be really nice in my Tribeca!

I was sad when Cobb Tuning stopped development on their kit. Looks like hope is returning.

Ooh, 407 hp & 368 lb/ft of torque... that would be really nice in my Tribeca!

I was sad when Cobb Tuning stopped development on their kit. Looks like hope is returning.

hahahah tribeca doesnt need that much power unless your hauling a lot of kids or dogs or both :lol:

Well, hey, I never said anything about *needing* it, it's a matter of really *wanting* it.

Though with that much power I'd probably be needing a 6MT swap, as the 5EAT just can't handle that. ... A 6MT Tribeca,... that would be pretty unique.

Well, hey, I never said anything about *needing* it, it's a matter of really *wanting* it.

Though with that much power I'd probably be needing a 6MT swap, as the 5EAT just can't handle that. ... A 6MT Tribeca,... that would be pretty unique.

That one LGT owner on here has close to 500awhp with a 5EAT but i cant imagine it being much fun

Exactly. I would love to have 300 at the wheels, so that would mean 350 - 375 Crank HP. I could live with that and the 5EAT.

Now, that does not mean more isn't better. I just think I could become a power junkie if getting there were fairly easy.

This is great Tomcat! I've been looking for this kind of engine tune in ages. I'm Danish and I'm moving to Malmoe, Sweden soon so I can afford the Spec.B I've always wanted but I wanted a little more juice than the factory specs. And imagine I finally found someone who did it, and it's practically in my back yard.... well as opposed to North America, Australia or Japan! How cool is that!?! I'd love to hear a bit more about what you did, and if I can get it done on mine if I buy a MY07 Spec.B Wagon in Sweden. I'd even drive up to your tuner in Finland and get him to do the mods for me if possible!

Nice one Jesper! Welcome to Sweden!

Tomcat: I´ve got a My05 3.0 Spec B Wagon and I´m also very intrested in getting some mods for my car. If you don´t mind would you plese send me a PM with some details of your setup too (the 1st one for the 3.0)?

Really. Post it here so we all know how to setup a 3.0 for some more get up an go.

Hey guys...I do not have hands/skills to tell you how all have been be made, all the glory goes to those Tuning workshops...I just drive this thing :lol:

Well here is the list of mods...

Engine

- EZ36R 3.6L ( "stock" )

- PCV charged style lines/mods

- Remade engine harness EZ30R/EZ36R

- Rotrex C38/81 Supercharger ( 0.65bar 407hp/500nm )

- FMIC

- 6 x STi 550cc injectors

- AVO Hi-Flow fuelpump

- OEM ECU remapped with EcuTek

Exhaust

- 3" / 2 x 2.5" NO CAT ( Headers are coming )

Powertrain.

- 6-speed Manual

- STi MY08 shifter

- 1050Kg Exedy pressureplate

- Helical front diff

- Visco center diff

- STi rear diff

Brakes

- STi MY08 Brembos

- EBC Yellowstuff pads

- Drilled/slotted front rotors

- OEM rear rotors ( rear Brembos under construct )

Suspension.

- STi MY08 / Eibach

- Whiteline adjustable swaybars front/rear

- Sparco Racing 7.5 x 18" / 235/40-18"

Body

- STi frontlip

- STi rearspoiler

- STi grill

- STi hood/scoop

Interior

- STi MY08 black leather

- STi steeringwheel

- STi Defi boost gauge

- Innovate AFR gauge

- STi side sill plates

I am trying to figure out if it would be feasible to drop a 3.6 motor (with added forged low compression pistons) from the Tribeca or the like into my 2005 legacy and then custom fab a GT35/40 or even GT65. I think it could work, but probably very expensive. I mean Perrin pretty much did the same thing with an STi and a 3.0 liter accompanied by a GT30/35 Series turbo.

I am thinking I may be able to use the ECU in my existing LGT so tuning could be done through Cobb, ECU Tec, or open source. This would obviously be a project that a shop like Perrin or PDX would have to handle since they have done similar projects. I would need sponsorships for sure :)

Let me know what you think.

Hi guys! Sorry delay but here is some upgrade news...

Legacy Spec B Sedan AWD MY07 ( tuned by STi )

Engine

- EZ36R 3.6L

- Rotrex C38/81 Supercharger ( 0.5 - 1.0Bar )

- FMIC

- 6 x STi 550cc injectors

- AVO Hi-Flow fuelpump

- EkuTec

Exhaust

- 3" / 2 x 2.5"

Powertrain.

- 6-speed Manual

- STi MY08 shifter

- 1050Kg Exedy pressureplate

- Helical front diff

- Visco center diff

- Cusco rear diff

Brakes

- STi MY08 Brembos

- EBC Yellowstuff pads

- Drilled/slotted front rotors

- OEM rear rotors

Suspension.

- STi MY08 / Eibach

- Whiteline adjustable swaybars front/rear

- Sparco Racing 7.5 x 18" / 235/40-18"

Body

- STi frontlip

- STi rearspoiler

- STi grill

- STi hood/scoop

Interior

- STi MY08 black leather

- STi steeringwheel

- STi Defi boost gauge

- Innovate AFR gauge

- STi side sill plates

Hifi

- OEM Radio / iPod interface

- 4x50w amplifier

- 4x6.5" Infinity speakers

- Focal 11" subbwoofer

Everything works just fine except EZ36R waterpump failure, fortunately Gruppe-S helps a lot in this issue...

Dyno results are coming ASAP.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/boiv/Tech%20gallery/1G9A9003.jpg

:needpics:of the engine

I am trying to figure out if it would be feasible to drop a 3.6 motor (with added forged low compression pistons) from the Tribeca or the like into my 2005 legacy and then custom fab a GT35/40 or even GT65. I think it could work, but probably very expensive. I mean Perrin pretty much did the same thing with an STi and a 3.0 liter accompanied by a GT30/35 Series turbo.

I am thinking I may be able to use the ECU in my existing LGT so tuning could be done through Cobb, ECU Tec, or open source. This would obviously be a project that a shop like Perrin or PDX would have to handle since they have done similar projects. I would need sponsorships for sure :)

Let me know what you think.

Have at least $20k ready for the project? :lol:

What I think is you're not getting any sponsorships for this :lol:

^Thanks for being negative.....

You don't think that Subaru, Perrin, PDX or anyone else would care about a 3.6 liter + gt40 build? I think they would, good press for them. We will see what happens.

Yes I think it is unlikely, but it may happen down the road ;)

Being positive it's not going to help ya. Unless you can fork out big pile of cash no shop will sponsor you for a project like that. Just get real.

UM is right on. Did you read the whole write up of the 3.0L H6 build? First off, a detail, they did it for a bugeye WRX, not an STi. Second, you can't use the 2.5L engine management for the H6 because the H6 has dual AVCS (timing AND lift) and the 2.5L just has timing control. There's no mechanism in the ECU to manage the valve lift in the H6, so they had to go to a pretty powerful piggyback ECU solution.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

I somehow doubt they developed the firmware of the ecu in the 3.0 with placeholders for things like boost targets, etc native to the turbo engines.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Archived