LegacyGT.com

Rotrex power for 3.0R

Gday

I'll start a new thread for anyone who is interested in a couple of weeks.

If anyone has any questions in the mean time. Fire a way!!

BTW, the Tomcat that SC setup is smick! and the performance speaks for itself.

Thanks for the welcome and i look forward to info sharing and the like

cheers Mark

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what abt on a EJ20?. my tuner said the stock engine can hold stock boost. either that or i'll just swap a EJ25 and call it a day

I forgot that the Asian Domestic Market ( I think that is your market) gets the EJ20's instead of the EJ25s. IF you can find a EJ25 that swap would be really easy just make sure to get the ECU and upgrade your clutch.

• 3 weeks later...

Gday All,

Work is progressing (a little slower than expected due to a couple of dud turbos)

all the fab work is complete, final bits such as oil liner and insulation plus the important tune to come..

before anyone asks photos will come!!

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Any more news Mark ?

My 3.0L goes in for cat back exhaust this week, will do an injector flush and a dyno run to know where we are starting from before replacing exhaust.

Not sure how far it will all go though, but starting with exhaust and ECU retune.

Paul

Gday Paul

Completed! but back for more work. Changing turbos for better response. Its got a ballistic top end, i want it happening earlier.

294rwkw

800nm

I did your proposed mods a few years back. Be careful with removing the centre muffler it can effect your bottom end response. Overall it will bdefinetly bring your car to life..Good luck.

Cheers Mark

Hi Mark, exhaust done today, 3" from centre cat back, Xforce system from memory. One thing I did before anything else was a proper injector flush and upper engine clean, then a dyno run from a guy I know who tunes porsches, nothing in it for him so I trust this dyno 100%, we saw 128.8 kw ATW and 128.9 kw ATW on two runs, so happy with standard power output really. After that we simply did the exhaust, you may just be spot on about that centre muffler, it does seem to have lost a little down lower, so I am giving it a week or so and then probably do another dyno run to see the difference, it should be interesting.

Would love to learn more about your mods when you get a chance, also, you are more than welcome to come join us at subyclub.com if you like.

regards

Paul

Hey Mark, what do you mean by 294rwkw ? are you running in 2WD or something ?

Car goes back for 2.5" muffler to be inserted after last cat to get a bit of backpressure back and quieten it down a little...

Also replacing inlet piping from MAF to intake manifold with customer 3" aluminium pipe on Saturday.

Now starting to look at the rotrex supercharger kits, and waiting for new STi strut brace to arrive from Japan.

Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Your car is too quiet for my liking Paul... My exhaust is being redone on Saturday, back to 2.5" with dual inline resonators... Hopefully it'll calm the bark (and rasp) that my car has now...

I'm so keen for a supercharger now...!

We need a rotrex (or something twin-screw) kit down under

Hey Mark, what do you mean by 294rwkw ? are you running in 2WD or something ?

Car goes back for 2.5" muffler to be inserted after last cat to get a bit of backpressure back and quieten it down a little...

Also replacing inlet piping from MAF to intake manifold with customer 3" aluminium pipe on Saturday.

Now starting to look at the rotrex supercharger kits, and waiting for new STi strut brace to arrive from Japan.

Regards

Paul

kilowatt is a different type of power measurement. it is used in australia as a measurement for the output the engine is giving. it is also supposed to mean all the power generated, not just horsepower. 294kw is approximately 400 hp.

its nice to hear your discussion guys, i deeply appreciate it, as it gives me something to learn about subies, but i would suggest you moving it to another thread so that it doesn't screw just/ruin this one.

actually, you're in australia so i guess you should know that already, woops. i can only assume he says rwkw is due to even though the liberty/legacy has AWD, power is sent to the rear wheels first before back to the front so that all 4 wheels move.

correct me if i am wrong. (i'm in sydney too btw. hopefully, i will get a 5EAT turbo wagon next year.)

Loserpro2, I'm afraid I don't get you.

The thread is titled "Rotrex power for 3.0R" and it's in the NA powertrain section, the discussion is totally relevant.

The vehicles currently have a NA powertrain standard and we are talking mostly about superchargers and relevant things.

Still waiting for Mark to come back with some information, perhaps if it's finished you might be interested in the cruise to the Hunter Valley this weekend ?

regards

Paul

no, well, i was just thinking a separate thread in regards to TTSleeper (mark) to talk about his build and relevant discussions there. cause i just thought this was a thread for tomcats' build and discussion.

but if its fine with everyone here then do please continue.

i can't join you guys to hunter valley cause i don't have a car yet. public transport is the only ride i have. =(

Let's keep this thread about Tomcat's Rotrex build and those who are doing SC augments to their NA vehicles. The TT piece should be a separate thread. TIA
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Greetings from Finnish Subaru Club dyno day

I just clean the airfilter and Maf sensor and vent to dyno

Rotrex monster results...( 0.56bar peak boost )

392hp/6250rpm and 343ft-lb/5500rpm (from wheels) :rolleyes:

Greetings from Finnish Subaru Club dyno day

I just clean the airfilter and Maf sensor and vent to dyno

Rotrex monster results...( 0.56bar peak boost )

392hp/6250rpm and 343ft-lb/5500rpm (from wheels) :rolleyes:

Good results!~ do you have a dyno graph?

On a technical note what mods did you do if any to the PCV system?

thanks

Mark

Good results!~ do you have a dyno graph?

On a technical note what mods did you do if any to the PCV system?

thanks

Mark

I try to scan dyno graph asap.

It was first dyno test after EcuTek remapping + new headers + 7 NGK spark plugs. Next time we have to test with bigger Rotrex boost gear set, maybe 0.8bar :rolleyes:

Used dyno, Dynocom AWD as in pics.

http://www.dynocom.net/Graphics/GTR2.jpg

PVC system is just copyied from STi ( PVC valves from turbo models )

Thanks.

that is an absolute kick ass torque curve! great top end too. what was the air temp day?

Air temp +8c/46.4F

Next remap afr to 2800-4400rpm ( now running too lean ) and MORE BOOST!!! :rolleyes:

Archived