LegacyGT.com

Rotrex power for 3.0R

My friend take a little video of my legacy :)

1. The beat is FIRE! To quote Joe Buddens "That beat is so soulful!" Def reminds me of Nicolay mixed with 9th wonder.

2. That car is insane, nice wheels

3. You sneaky devil is that a supercharger tucked under the intake tract?

4. H6 Diesel + SC = SEX!

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is Power well in the entire speed range. "Tomcat" has driven 1/4 mile 12.1 seconds, which is also reasonably fast.

I think I have a youtube video of 80-160kmh. In the video supercharger belt slipping quite a lot, but yes, you can get idea how fast this is.

(you can hear belt slipping in video)

i ogt here EZ36R w/SC. EZ36R is from Tribeca (USA model)

I got "tomcat"´s old car.

That would explain why it's a 3.6 and not 3.0. ;)

And you're correct the 2008+ Tribecas have 3.6 H6, while the 2006-2007 Tribecas have the 3.0 H6 which is the same engine as the 4th gen Legacys. Completely different engines in terms of power delivery, smoothness and the ability to run regular (87 Octane) versus the 3.0's (min 91 Octane) gasoline requirement. Of course, running boost, you're likely running higer octane than is required.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Hi guys.. why bother with sc.. crarp results. tc made good power wih sc 3.6 and super cold temps...no offence but my 3.0 turbo made 302rwk easy.. not to.mention massive torque.. go the turbo for big gains.. cheer

Hi guys.. why bother with sc.. crarp results. tc made good power wih sc 3.6 and super cold temps...no offence but my 3.0 turbo made 302rwk easy.. not to.mention massive torque.. go the turbo for big gains.. cheer

Didn't you spent like more than $10,000 on the turbo route...? For that kind of money, I would have gotten a S4 instead.

not disputing the power that was made from the "3.6"

I agree, Turbo is not inexpensive..but I dont think putting in a 3.6 and whacking a sc on is a cheap option either.

I am simply helping out from personal experience.. my trap speed on low boost with 250rwk on a 21 degree night was 115mph..

I dont think you can can the big gains on a 3.0 with sc.

ps..why buy an s4?? be daring and do something others wont.

Cheers mark

not disputing the power that was made from the "3.6"

I agree, Turbo is not inexpensive..but I dont think putting in a 3.6 and whacking a sc on is a cheap option either.

I am simply helping out from personal experience.. my trap speed on low boost with 250rwk on a 21 degree night was 115mph..

I dont think you can can the big gains on a 3.0 with sc.

ps..why buy an s4?? be daring and do something others wont.

Cheers mark

Not saying that the turbo is a bad thing but personally I would stick with the SC for instantaneous power. Not to mention for us to turbocharge a 3.0R here, we would probably have to import a lot of parts and build some custom stuff. While the SC is already a ready made kit for us to purchase.

I like the S4, it should be my next car on my list after my 3.0R. If not, it will be a Audi TTRS. :D

The reason why I went to the SC is just simply... Year inspection.

Some inspectors just accept that you take the belt off or other way is the took whole SC and bracket off before inspection...pretty easy.

How to hell you took turbo version in year inspection...

Here in too North it is mission impossible.:spin:

Everything... If u got tinted front windows, you are Gangsta and they will nail u

Is this why the legacy isn't tinted? I was wondering because the legacy would looked so much better with tinted windows. :lol:

Archived