LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOw sick would it be to hear/see a N/A Leggy with EWG DUMP!!! However I would still not buy this kits b/c you can but a LGT for the same price UNLESS you got used N/a then you may come out on top but it would be a matter of time before the motor goes

• 1 month later...
Hey new to the forum and i have an 06 2.5i...Saw this and im quite interested in the kit but wasnt sure if there were any updates on the kit or is this thread over...

We are still hoping for AVO to supply these kits this summer. They have alot going on, so I have not heard any new news on this yet.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Hey new to the forum and i have an 06 2.5i...Saw this and im quite interested in the kit but wasnt sure if there were any updates on the kit or is this thread over...

Well since you are new just know that you dont want to buy this kit ask anybody LGT or N/a Tuner or Shade Tree Mechanic if you boost a car that wasnt meant to be boosted you are paying to blow you motor and if not that youre paying tooo much cash to not even be able to enjoy the kit because you cant run much boost but you can make your N/A beauty handle better and sound meaner and not pop your EJ253 althought the Rallitek guys may not like that but something tells me that the N/A legacy market isnt viable enough exploit

Well since you are new just know that you dont want to buy this kit ask anybody LGT or N/a Tuner or Shade Tree Mechanic if you boost a car that wasnt meant to be boosted you are paying to blow you motor and if not that youre paying tooo much cash to not even be able to enjoy the kit because you cant run much boost but you can make your N/A beauty handle better and sound meaner and not pop your EJ253 althought the Rallitek guys may not like that but something tells me that the N/A legacy market isnt viable enough exploit

Turbo kits can be completely reliable if designed and tuned correctly. I ran an AVO turbo kit on my Impreza for 6 years and took it to track days on a regular basis. The car still runs and drives today and has had no repairs at all. Torque and HP are almost double at a mere 5psi boost, and completely safe and enjoyable. The kits install in a day, and are easily removed if you want to sell your car. We have sold hundreds of these kits for the earlier models. The new kits will include a RalliTEK Accessport(soon to be available for non-turbo models) and will have Cobb approved mapping that employ all the safety features of the factory turbo models.

No one is trying to exploit anyone or anything, especially RalliTEK we are very reputable and back all our products.

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Not hating on your kits and yes I have parts from Rallitek they get great reviews and are recommended by ALL. And when using the word exploited that doesnt mean in a negative way it means diving into the Legacy 2.5i market to profit from it. But be honest what is the demand for these kits Impreza to Legacy? And if it is so high why has it been almost two years since the first post claiming the kits would be ready? I hope you make the kits and I hope they sell well for you, you would be the only people i would trust to get a kit from to fit my car that. While i wont be buying the kits im sure it will make some people very happy not to mention as stated earlier super sleeper sick no scoop no badges just a SC under the hood

Not hating on your kits and yes I have parts from Rallitek they get great reviews and are recommended by ALL. And when using the word exploited that doesnt mean in a negative way it means diving into the Legacy 2.5i market to profit from it. But be honest what is the demand for these kits Impreza to Legacy? And if it is so high why has it been almost two years since the first post claiming the kits would be ready? I hope you make the kits and I hope they sell well for you, you would be the only people i would trust to get a kit from to fit my car that. While i wont be buying the kits im sure it will make some people very happy not to mention as stated earlier super sleeper sick no scoop no badges just a SC under the hood

Thank you for the kind words. We are part of the community and want to support everyone!

If I could get AVO to make those kits faster.... :)

One thing that held us back was tuning... Tuning is critical to a low pressure turbo system since the high mechanical compression ratio of the n/a engines does not allow alot of room for tuning issues.

We are about to introduce a RalliTEK exclusive...

Accessport for N/A 2.5i

The Accessport allows proper tuning and safety for the new kits. Accessport will be released late spring, is only available through RalliTEK, and will be full featured just like the turbo models. This is what will allow our AVO turbo kits to run properly and safely.

We will have mapping for premium pump gas and E85. E85 is 105 octane and allows for much higher boost and power levels. Pump Gas kits will run approx 225whp/250lbft and E85 will allow approx 275whp/350lbft with complete safety. All mapping will be approved by Cobb so you can be assured your car will run properly and safely!

Thank you very much,

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Thank you for the kind words. We are part of the community and want to support everyone!

If I could get AVO to make those kits faster.... :)

One thing that held us back was tuning... Tuning is critical to a low pressure turbo system since the high mechanical compression ratio of the n/a engines does not allow alot of room for tuning issues.

We are about to introduce a RalliTEK exclusive...

Accessport for N/A 2.5i

The Accessport allows proper tuning and safety for the new kits. Accessport will be released late spring, is only available through RalliTEK, and will be full featured just like the turbo models. This is what will allow our AVO turbo kits to run properly and safely.

We will have mapping for premium pump gas and E85. E85 is 105 octane and allows for much higher boost and power levels. Pump Gas kits will run approx 225whp/250lbft and E85 will allow approx 275whp/350lbft with complete safety. All mapping will be approved by Cobb so you can be assured your car will run properly and safely!

Thank you very much,

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

Oh shit:eek: Whoa whoa whoa 225 WHP see why didnt i see that before you have officially changed my logic on this kit :rolleyes::lol: 225 you say my good sir $3600 ish plus the AP or is the AP in the kits

Turbo kits can be completely reliable if designed and tuned correctly. I ran an AVO turbo kit on my Impreza for 6 years and took it to track days on a regular basis. The car still runs and drives today and has had no repairs at all. Torque and HP are almost double at a mere 5psi boost, and completely safe and enjoyable. The kits install in a day, and are easily removed if you want to sell your car. We have sold hundreds of these kits for the earlier models.

I can attest to this as I myself have purchased the AVO turbo kit for my '99 Legacy GT. Although I haven't put it on yet (still waiting for gauges and such), I have read everywhere that these kits are made so well that they will not harm your engine if properly installed and tuned. Granted, they do cost quite a bit of cash, but for a 100-or-so HP boost (at lower PSIs) I believe its well worth it for someone who absolutely loves their currently N/A Subaru. So, thanks Rallitek and AVO!

-Janketh

P.S. I'll be submitting a sort of "how-to" with pictures for this turbo kit once I put it on. The words and pictures will be posted on http://www.soapintheintercooler.com/ (YES! I got the domain! I couldn't resist!) but I'll be either also putting it here or linking to it, or something...

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

....i would love to get a turbo kit for my 08 2.5i pzev ...... because the look of all the kids that are all look at me im a street racer in there moms car would worth every cent.....yes where i live thats all you see lol

....i would love to get a turbo kit for my 08 2.5i pzev ...... because the look of all the kids that are all look at me im a street racer in there moms car would worth every cent.....yes where i live thats all you see lol

PZEV hmmmm those silly californians :lol: you cant even buy a exhaust flange in Cali a turbo kit should do you well but I wonder if the PZEV class will face issues?

Plus the cost of the accessport and an upgraded clutch... Idk I have changed my mind so many times about this kit. Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

true true i havent changed my mind but i didnt realize it would give so much power the AP and the clutch would add another $1k to the price tag with the reliability spoken for i would at least feel safe installing the kit and not worrying about issue ive read more about the one for the Impreza not too many issues when done right. but i respect that Rallitek is trying to be diverse and offer a kick ass kit I mean you got to admit that kits is all you need minus said AP and Clucth. In a year more like 7 months itll be LGT time but if I wanted to stay super sleeper i would be on board so fast. :rolleyes::):p

for me to go from bone stock to this kit and other component i'll probably be looking around 7k after the upgrades, which i might as well trade my car in for a LGT oh well, If I win the lottery, i'll order it :)

for me to go from bone stock to this kit and other component i'll probably be looking around 7k after the upgrades, which i might as well trade my car in for a LGT oh well, If I win the lottery, i'll order it :)

You are better off getting an LGT...

Not to mention our NA engines are not meant for turbos and have a higher base compression rate... so even if we have a turbo kit on there we aren't going to be hitting any records for psi.

Archived