LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

Seeing as that this kit is being designed specifically for the 2.5i, I have doubt that this kit is really going to require that many supporting mods, we're talking abouit a turbo kit designed specifically for the 2.5i not a stage 3 kit or a 35R on a 2.5i sean has said in the past only thing needed is a new clutch for 5MT drivers and a tranny cooler for 4EAT owners, and from the threads on here and nasioc, there seems to be plenty of interest

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some basic facts about the kit and development process -

Making it fit with the Legacy 2.5i isn't going to hold up the process. Pretty much from 2005 on, Subaru used the same engine bay and engine setup for the 2.5i. All of the hard points are the same. The exhaust manifold should be the same from 2006 onward. Our FMIC flanges bolt on to the exact same locations whether or not it's a Legacy, 08 Impreza, or 09 Forester.

The biggest difference is in the ECU's and possibly the MAF design. Neither of which is a big issue. For the Legacy, we'll simply use other options besides the Accessport until the Accessport becomes available. What will be most important is the map used for the tune, not the method of delivery of said map.

So we'll be getting either a 2005/2006 Legacy/Outback with 5MT to use for the finishing touches on the Legacy version of the kit, and we'll be working closely with Rallitek on the Impreza version of the kit.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com

Some basic facts about the kit and development process -

Making it fit with the Legacy 2.5i isn't going to hold up the process. Pretty much from 2005 on, Subaru used the same engine bay and engine setup for the 2.5i. All of the hard points are the same. The exhaust manifold should be the same from 2006 onward. Our FMIC flanges bolt on to the exact same locations whether or not it's a Legacy, 08 Impreza, or 09 Forester.

The biggest difference is in the ECU's and possibly the MAF design. Neither of which is a big issue. For the Legacy, we'll simply use other options besides the Accessport until the Accessport becomes available. What will be most important is the map used for the tune, not the method of delivery of said map.

So we'll be getting either a 2005/2006 Legacy/Outback with 5MT to use for the finishing touches on the Legacy version of the kit, and we'll be working closely with Rallitek on the Impreza version of the kit.

Regards,

Paul Hansen

www.avoturboworld.com

Well said!

Thanks Paul

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

PS I have our 2008 2.5i all ready for the kit! The guy that bought it from us is leaving it for us to install/tune

Archived