LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

A few posts back Sean said to expect around 255 at the crank IIRC

Wow, with just the turbocharger? Are you saying the turbo bumps our stock 170hp to 255hp? ... that doesn't sound right...

What is the estimated completion date for the 2005+ turbo chargers here?

These are supposed to be able to fit '08s?

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50hp gain is reasonable I believe for 6psi turbo. If you start out with 170hp, you are talking somewhere at around 220hp on the engine. Maybe 170-180hp on the wheels. So I would expect a 0-60 time somewhere in the 7 - 7.5 second zone

Prices I've seen online are around $50. It's usually beneficial for cars who do heavy towing, so I'm sure it'll also help in daily driving situations, stop-and-go traffic, spirited driving, Auto-X, etc...

Agreed! Auto trans love to stay cool! It also helps the engine since the radiator has to cool the trans....

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w151/RalliTEK/nasioc-banner.gif

Wow, with just the turbocharger? Are you saying the turbo bumps our stock 170hp to 255hp? ... that doesn't sound right...

These are supposed to be able to fit '08s?

this is from the man himself

"We will have mapping for premium pump gas and E85. E85 is 105 octane and allows for much higher boost and power levels. Pump Gas kits will run approx 225whp/250lbft and E85 will allow approx 275whp/350lbft with complete safety. All mapping will be approved by Cobb so you can be assured your car will run properly and safely!

Thank you very much,

Sean S."

To put 225 to the wheels you would need around 255 to the crank this accounts for 10 percent drive train loss and the number will vary maybe less maybe more wont know till the actual numbers from the installs start to trickle in

I would assume it would fit 05+ Legacies no real difference except exhaust manifold btwn 05 and 06+. I wonder what the Up would look like for the legacy if it wasnt for the lower A arm you could bolt the Stock UP pipe and LGT manifold right your legacy and use the stock TBE for that matter but im sure the difference in turbo size will affect that.

^^ wow that sounds sweet.

Thanks for the clarification GEE-OTTO

Yeah man ive got a LGT manifold on my 2008 leggy now it is primed for some action post warranty but my thinking will be using the N/A AP from Cobb to work with the turbo from the LGT more on that after its release

Oh nice. Mine is still pretty spankin new... only 16k miles on it. Probably won't be doing any serious engine work until warranty is up. Just cosmetics atm, maybe an intake.

Is the N/A AP out already? Or is that what we're talking about will be released by the end of the year hopefully?

I think 225 awhp will more likely be around 270-280hp to the crank. Drivetrain loss for AWD is greater, around 25%. Drivetrain loss for a FWD is already around 10%-15%.

That's around a 100 crank hp increase. Sounds like a lot, but the T1R turbo kit for the Honda Fit at 4.5psi already bumps up crank horsepower from 109 to 165.

Yeah man ive got a LGT manifold on my 2008 leggy now it is primed for some action post warranty but my thinking will be using the N/A AP from Cobb to work with the turbo from the LGT more on that after its release

did the LGT manifold bold right up or was there some work bc i would like to do the same because i have the same car as you

Even if this comes out this summer, I may wait until next summer maybe longer to do it, just incase there is any bugs that need to be worked out of it at first, plus my warranty still has another 20k left on it, that way in a year or so you'll be able to read feedback and be confident about it, no doubt I'm excited about this, I just want some feedback about it.

$3500? Honestly that's cheaper than I expected... I was expecting high $4k...

If I"m not sick of my car yet at that time, I definitely will be getting this upgrade. Otherwise maybe I will be trading it in for something...

But I'm going to wait at least a year and a half or so to see if any problems come up.

$3500 on a Legacy turbo kit sounds a lot better than blowing the same amount on a Honda Fit for the T1R turbo kit with only 4.5psi http://legacygt.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif not hating on T1R or Honda Fit or anything, just trying to compare would you can get for the same price range. My bro has a Fit, it's so fun to toss around since it's so light.

Somebody has to take the initiative! If everybody waits 1 year to see if any problems arise, we will get nowhere lol. I'd definitely have to save up some more cash-money for this. Has AVO started to test fit the Legacy2.5i for this or what? I go onto their site every now and then but I never seen any news about all this.

...This is the thread that never enddddds, it just goes on and on my friends :)

Well, the way I see it, economics comes into play here. This turbo kit would have a different marginal utility for everyone. So the people would want it the most (the people who are not happy with the power they get from their 2.5i) will purchase it first and at the highest price. Then those of us who do not need it as much (ie. who are happy with their 2.5i's power as is without a turbo) will wait to see if it is really worth it.

Now, which are you, Pawlwawl? :rolleyes: (I hope you're the kind that tests it out for me haha)

Well i know for one when the kit comes out i will be buying it......bc i want a turbo kit for my car the only thing that may pose a problem is money...but i will say this if i have the money when it comes out i will buy it and if i dont i will save it and buy it so now you guys have one guinea pig lol

well first of all, im going to need a stage 1 clutch/lightweight flywheel, which i am already planning on getting later this summer...then the money for the accessport(whenever that comes out)...plus ive already got the koni/swifts combo sitting in my closet collecting dust.

Ill definitely consider the kit once ive gotten rid of the sleeper status of my leggy, and im definitely not riding around on stock suspension with 270hp LOL

well first of all, im going to need a stage 1 clutch/lightweight flywheel, which i am already planning on getting later this summer...then the money for the accessport(whenever that comes out)...plus ive already got the koni/swifts combo sitting in my closet collecting dust.

Ill definitely consider the kit once ive gotten rid of the sleeper status of my leggy, and im definitely not riding around on stock suspension with 270hp LOL

Mmmm good point... that is a pretty logical plan, I think I will have to copy you. I'm gonna try out some H-techs tho, see how they are.

Turbo kit is installed and working /VERY/ well. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I finish up all the smaller details and such.

I also want to say that I can't thank Sean from Rallitek enough for all the help and information he's given me so I could install this kit properly. Thanks again, bro!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Turbo kit is installed and working /VERY/ well. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I finish up all the smaller details and such.

I also want to say that I can't thank Sean from Rallitek enough for all the help and information he's given me so I could install this kit properly. Thanks again, bro!

Glad to help!

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Archived