LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

I contacted AVO about this. they said Rallitek has installed one on an 06 2.5i with extensive exhaust modification, and a stand-alone ECU rather than the piggyback offered with the kit. so it's possible if you got some cake, but by the time it's all said and done, the price differential is probably enough to have gotten a GT, and have more power, and a warranty. not worth it for us. just live with the good looking, gas sipping cars we have. :)

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if a dedicated guy or gal were to go thru all 19 pages of this thread and count how many times each senario has played out what would the numbers be :lol:

1. The guy thats gonna buy it

2. The guy that wanted to buy it but doesnt want to take a home equity loan

3. the guy that hates it

4. the guy that jumps back and forth if he wants it or not

5. the guys that tell the guys that want it to get an LGT

6. The guys that think it is cool and all but would never put it on their car

Hmmmmmm:eek:

But no "guy that's actually bought it" scenario

In a poll im sure that would dominate the responses but man if we were impreza guys i saw a used AVO kit for $1500 with a header im sure those N/A guys have been trying all sorts of things out and failing this kits was off a Impreza 2.5i that the tranny broke wild guess it was due to the increase in power and stock clutch :lol: he said selling to buy new clutch PP TOB LWFW :eek:

I figure for the guy who is off warranty and really attached to his car this is a great idea. Another scenario is a Canadian with an imported car. Considering I saved about 15 grand importing the easy upgrade to an XT just isn't so easy. This is the next best thing.

the first page says this kit is for the impreza just you either need to swap hoods or go front mount for it to fit, 1500? hmmm

Whoa Bro that was a used kit. But im sure it has more to do with engine bay fitment since the impreza and legacy arent on the common frame until 08-09 im sure you could easily make it work BUT you would need engine management of some sort. I see those wheels turning in you head :rolleyes:

To the AVO guy not to jump the gun or anything but with the new exhaust manifold setup on the turbo models ( turbo is actually under the car and mated directly to the manifold) do you think it will be easier to make a turbo kite for the 2010 2.5i ?? eliminates the UP and DP and everything is in one place. im sure a FMIC would be super easy but im sure the new ECU will be a beeotch :eek:

Well I would also need to swap out the 4 speed auto and put a new exhaust as well as a dozen other things, either way that's still going to cost atleast 5,000. As much as id like to go turbo in my car I don't see it as a possibility unless prices on parts go way down, I'll just keep an eye out for a GT, when I bought my 09 2.5I the one dealership had an 06 GT with 36k on it for 16 grand, I passed because the guy there was a complete ass. I got my 2.5I for a good price and I'm happy with just doing suspension mods to it, id like to swap the 4 speed auto out for a 5MT though

I got my 2.5I for a good price and I'm happy with just doing suspension mods to it, id like to swap the 4 speed auto out for a 5MT though

Well bro thats not an option but do you have SI drive? you def should have pushed for a 5MT my dealer did have one so they ordered one from Indiana (The factory) and I actually was at the dealer when they brought it off the truck kinda of a tear jerker ( not really) at first he was like yeah the auto are great blah blah I was like dude im a scooby guy he was like OH well yeah :lol: we can get a 5MT with all those options from the factory

I got '09 with 10k on it for 16 grand, I'm guessing it was either a loaner car or a floor model or what not. But none the less I got a $24,000 car for 8 grand less so it was what it was you know, my old 98 LGT was a manual and I liked it. I also wasn't too crazy about SWP at first but not gonna lie the color has grown on me now that I have it. Si drive is sport mode right?

Well bro thats not an option but do you have SI drive? you def should have pushed for a 5MT my dealer did have one so they ordered one from Indiana (The factory) and I actually was at the dealer when they brought it off the truck kinda of a tear jerker ( not really) at first he was like yeah the auto are great blah blah I was like dude im a scooby guy he was like OH well yeah :lol: we can get a 5MT with all those options from the factory

I had to get mine driven down from Mass (I'm in CT) cuz no dealers here had a manual... so worth it. I was paranoid that the guy driving it down (it wasn't flatbedded) was gonna floor it and screw stuff up, but it was an old guy so I was ok with that. No problems so far lol.

I got '09 with 10k on it for 16 grand, I'm guessing it was either a loaner car or a floor model or what not. But none the less I got a $24,000 car for 8 grand less so it was what it was you know, my old 98 LGT was a manual and I liked it. I also wasn't too crazy about SWP at first but not gonna lie the color has grown on me now that I have it. Si drive is sport mode right?

I got my 08 brand new for 19k... I always liked how the SWP looked, but a major problem I'm having is that ... I drive fast on the highway, I mean I think pretty much everyone drives this fast, but I'm always in the 80s, and that's apparently fast enough to get these streaks of dust and stuff on my back bumper. Which I am now having a hard time washing it all away. That's the only time i wish I had gotten it in obsidian.

Welp, like I'd planned, the AVO turbo kit for my car is scheduled to go in this weekend. If all goes well, I'll post pictures and such some time on Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately, my boost and oil pressure gauges for my a-pillar won't be here until later this month (Some backorder issue =( ) but I'm sure I can manage without them for now.

Wish me luck!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Welp, like I'd planned, the AVO turbo kit for my car is scheduled to go in this weekend. If all goes well, I'll post pictures and such some time on Monday or Tuesday. Unfortunately, my boost and oil pressure gauges for my a-pillar won't be here until later this month (Some backorder issue =( ) but I'm sure I can manage without them for now.

Wish me luck!

Good luck!

If you need any help txt/call me @ 971.645.8191(cel)

Thanks!

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Wish me luck!

The impreza kit must will fit the older Legacies I assume they havent made a FMIC for the Leggy and only a TMIC for the impreza kit ? Anyway seet deal on the kits ill envy you none the less

Not hating on your kits and yes I have parts from Rallitek they get great reviews and are recommended by ALL. And when using the word exploited that doesnt mean in a negative way it means diving into the Legacy 2.5i market to profit from it. But be honest what is the demand for these kits Impreza to Legacy? And if it is so high why has it been almost two years since the first post claiming the kits would be ready? I hope you make the kits and I hope they sell well for you, you would be the only people i would trust to get a kit from to fit my car that. While i wont be buying the kits im sure it will make some people very happy not to mention as stated earlier super sleeper sick no scoop no badges just a SC under the hood

Why you hating GEE-OTTO? Rallitek has to wait for AVO to make the turbo setup theyre not making it themselves. Don't scare off the few people who actually want to make mods for our vehicles. There IS a market out there for them.

The impreza kit must will fit the older Legacies I assume they havent made a FMIC for the Leggy and only a TMIC for the impreza kit ? Anyway seet deal on the kits ill envy you none the less

The current kit is a TMIC and fits 2004 and older models. Impreza and Legacy. (00-04 Leg needs a hood scoop. (baja turbo hoods work perfectly))

The new kits will be for 2005 and newer and will be FMIC. Tuning will be via RalliTEK N/A Accessport.

Sean S.

http://www.RalliTEK.com

Done this yet?

Working on it now. May need a little more time as we've run into a snag trying to remove the oil pan...

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

The current kit is a TMIC and fits 2004 and older models. Impreza and Legacy. (00-04 Leg needs a hood scoop. (baja turbo hoods work perfectly))

The new kits will be for 2005 and newer and will be FMIC. Tuning will be via RalliTEK N/A Accessport.

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

FMIC will make for a nice sleeper. :) I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. This is something that I will be interested in once my warranty runs out.

Archived