LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

Ahhh I see. Yea I asked a guy at fredbeansparts today and he confirmed that the ACT clutch kit does NOT fit 2.5i's. I couldn't understand it until KAG's clarification (thanks).

I wasn't sure what the limitations of the Exedy Stage I clutch kit were; on the link I posted, that site says it can only take 196ft-lbs of torque?

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah the insurance difference isnt that much for me being over 25 btwn the two cars but the fact that you can get the power and be uber sleep-tastic is attractive throw a set of LGT wheels and damn youll be turning heads all the time

yeah i'm 20 and I live in the insurance fraud capitol of the world and I have 2 points on my license, so rates to fully cover an LGT are like 50 bucks more a month.

Veeeery interesting. I was lusting after an Audi A4, but it's too small (I got 3 kids & it has no backleg room), and the reliability sucks. Not to mention the cost, even used they are a lotta bucks. So I'm taking my '06 2.5i in next week for a suspension upgrade, so it'll handle like a proper sports sedan, and I see THIS thread. Heh heh, the last piece of the puzzle imho. Would take some major wife bribery if the economy recovers next year...but I'm all over this...for a total added cost of ~$5K (suspension + turbo) and I've got a better car for less than the '07 A4 I looked at, even considering I bought my car NEW....amazing. Hope this kit ships....

Well nobody will be using this kit if there isnt a clutch to handle the power WTF man!!? 2.5i guys really get the shaft all around no power from the factory, no power mods worth a damn until this one, no rumble, and no effing heavier duty clutches so that if you wanted to you could mod your 2.5i to make power. Thats kinda blows maybe AVO knows this hence the lag in production wtf good is a kit if the consumer can use it because the clutch market neglects us as well. So my question is to Sean S. The 2.5i that is being used as a test car for this kit does it have extensive drive train mods or is it using the stock components? And what do the Impreza guys use this kit is made for their cars they have the EXACT SAME ENGINE and trans as we do they dont seem to get the mechanical shaft when using this kit. if they can do this we can to if you tell us we have to swap trannies you can expect demand to drop off the earth

lol maybe we just have to wait for Exedy to come out with a stage II clutch kit for us...?

The hell with that im going over to NASIOC and ask a Impreza guy what was needed to make the kit work :rolleyes::lol:

Complete BS honestly the guys or girls or girls and guys that start a 2.5i aftermarket modification shop and line of products will be rich

yeah i'm 20 and I live in the insurance fraud capitol of the world and I have 2 points on my license, so rates to fully cover an LGT are like 50 bucks more a month.

Really damn that blows and LGT would 7 dollars more a month for me but if you have to swap in a LGT trans we may as well get one :mad:

Throwing my 2 cents into this thread...

The 2.5i along with all other N/A Legacy's use a PUSH type clutch, whereas the LGT, WRX, FXT, etc. use a PULL type clutch. Without changing anything else, you cannot use a pull type on a push type car without changing the transmission altogether.

As far as what type of clutch, the ACT Heavy Duty (SB2-HDSS) and Exedy Stage 1 (15801) use the exact same clutch disk, only the pressure plates differ. Either one should be good up to around 300wtq, which by then you might want to consider just upgrading the tranny itself. Unfortunately, (and as already stated) ACT does not list the SB2-HDSS to work with 05+ 2.5i Legacy's, but it definitely does work for the earlier models.

I've had my eye on the AVO kit for a while. I might be able to buy if it comes down in price sometime in the next few years, but until then, I'll stick with less chance for tickets and 32mpg ;)

youll have the same chance of a ticket with or w/o the kit if youre driving fast you silly boy :cool::lol:

The hell with that im going over to NASIOC and ask a Impreza guy what was needed to make the kit work :rolleyes::lol:

Complete BS honestly the guys or girls or girls and guys that start a 2.5i aftermarket modification shop and line of products will be rich

Lemme know what you figure out?

Imma sit here on my ass and wait for Sean to reply lol

Well nobody will be using this kit if there isnt a clutch to handle the power WTF man!!? 2.5i guys really get the shaft all around no power from the factory, no power mods worth a damn until this one, no rumble, and no effing heavier duty clutches so that if you wanted to you could mod your 2.5i to make power. Thats kinda blows maybe AVO knows this hence the lag in production wtf good is a kit if the consumer can use it because the clutch market neglects us as well. So my question is to Sean S. The 2.5i that is being used as a test car for this kit does it have extensive drive train mods or is it using the stock components? And what do the Impreza guys use this kit is made for their cars they have the EXACT SAME ENGINE and trans as we do they dont seem to get the mechanical shaft when using this kit. if they can do this we can to if you tell us we have to swap trannies you can expect demand to drop off the earth

Well I have a 4EAT, which is said to handle the added HP & torque just fine.... :-)

I'm not sure if this thread is correct, but according to this site, it takes much more than Stage I to get to being able to handle 350ft lbs torque

http://www.clutchcityonline.com/subaru_racing_legacy.htm

This thread comes to the same conclusion as the other thread about clutch kits; that our part number is 15-801, but it says that clutch can only handle 196 ftlbs torque.

Just talked to the guy at FredBeans, that ACT clutch is not compatible with our 2.5i's... So if Sean was correct in saying we need a clutch that supports 350ftlbs, we're SOL... only thing available to us right now looks like that stage I kit... at least that I could find.

So the stages differ between the 2.5i and LGT? That makes no sense at all :confused: Why is the exedy 2.5i stage 1 clutch rated at only 196 ft/lbs? The LGT stage 1 kit is much more stronger.

Well I have a 4EAT, which is said to handle the added HP & torque just fine.... :-)

stfu :rolleyes:

So the stages differ between the 2.5i and LGT? That makes no sense at all :confused: Why is the exedy 2.5i stage 1 clutch rated at only 196 ft/lbs? The LGT stage 1 kit is much more stronger.

I'm not sure, I will give Exedy a call as soon as I get home today... but maybe it might be past their office hours since I have to get my new rims on first... and pick up a suit... Maybe I will call in the car...

lol we're trying to deal with a serious issue here that may ROB US OF THE CHANCE TO HAVE TURBO! We don't need your gloating with your ~automatic transmission~ (which by the way <<<< manual)

Edit: No hard feelings :)

Yeah I knew you were pulling my chain there jsut kidding around... I realize it's gotta be frustrating but there has to be an answer... The GT manual won't take it? [EDIT - I see you want to change the clutch not the whole $!#@ tranny...]

Believe me I want you guys to have a solution so the AVO guys realize they have a larger market else they might kill this thing...

damn right there has to be some solution that the Impreza guys used and I hope AVO knows what that is or ima have a TEA party in opposition to them :-p ( sike i would never be so lame as to attend a Taxed Enough Already event) but they better have a trick up their sleeve or pant leg or in there pocket for us

lol we're trying to deal with a serious issue here that may ROB US OF THE CHANCE TO HAVE TURBO! We don't need your gloating with your ~automatic transmission~ (which by the way <<<< manual)

Edit: No hard feelings :)

Who is the chick with the fun bags in your avatar hahahaha :rolleyes::eek:

damn right there has to be some solution that the Impreza guys used and I hope AVO knows what that is or ima have a TEA party in opposition to them :-p ( sike i would never be so lame as to attend a Taxed Enough Already event) but they better have a trick up their sleeve or pant leg or in there pocket for us

this was in my local paper today

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20090416/COMMUNITIES32/904160338&referrer=FRONTPAGECAROUSEL

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

which is odd because Morris county is a very Democratic county

Well apparently Rush and Bill O and Hannity convinced them that their tax issue from the last fiscal year are due to a Pres elected 3 months ago :lol: If you cant see the error behind the whole TEA concept you belong out there

isnt the 2.5i's clutch the same as a 1999 impreza rs? if thats the case then you can use the stage 2 kit thats out for them for people who has added a turbo to their rs. im pretty sure the bolt patern is the same for the flywheel as well. but correct me if im wrong.

isnt the 2.5i's clutch the same as a 1999 impreza rs? if thats the case then you can use the stage 2 kit thats out for them for people who has added a turbo to their rs. im pretty sure the bolt patern is the same for the flywheel as well. but correct me if im wrong.

You may be right the RS guys have to use some type of upgraded clutch for the kits to work on their machines but do you know if the RS is a push or pull type clutch ? That is the big hurdle here with using LGT stuff

Archived