LegacyGT.com

AVO Turbo Kit for non-turbo Subaru

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess the P6 or Accessport sounds easier; anything as easy as plug and play

I would stick with some form of tuning is that easy to discuss on forums.

For example, using an AP, or OS tuning is easily able to be discussed, and logs can be shared for the purpose of learning and tuning discussions.

I'm all for an AP type setup. Practically, what are the differences between the AP and a standalone setup? Also, I was under the impression that you wouldn't really be able to tailor boost upwards with this kit, since it's running at a low enough pressure to be compatible with our 10:1 compression ratio.

The less tuning needed when installing the better. I don't have any access to an AWD dyno in my area. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I'm sick and tired of fiddling to make things work (got my fill with Volvos thanks).

Count me as interested but I will be waiting for my warranty to expire first.

guys im sure you all have heard this before. "why not trade in or buy a used GT?" i mean lets stop and think about this. this kit is going to cost what? $3700-$4200 yea it will add anywhere from 100-110 hp to the crank. so now wher up to what umm.. 270-275 hp. so we have 30hp more than a stock GT. but what if 275hp isnt enough what if we want to upgrade? so now we have to start to think about upgrading our internals. thats prob an extra $1200-$1800. a GT's internals are way stronger than ours and i think their clutch and their diffs are stronger as well. i dont want to rain on anybodys parade thats not my intention at all. i just think that buying a used GT maybe a yr old, would be more beneficial than spending $4000 on a turbo kit.

1) car has sentimental value, I love it to death

2) if gas prices sky rocket again, I can remove the kit and use 87 octane and get better mileage

3) 4EATS seems to be more reliable than the 5EAT

4) hood scoopless sleeper look

5) cheaper insurance

insurance is not that much more on a GT than a N/A, it may be if your like 17yrs old or something or if you have a ton of accidents on your record. but our cars our very reliable why take away the reliablilty by adding a turbo. if performance is what your seeking maybe you should have waited and bought a used GT. our cars handle pretty well with the stock setup. and with modifications to our suspension its comparable to a porshe. so my question is. is a turbo worth the investment knowing the long term effects it may have on our cars? unless this kit is under $3000 i wouldnt consider it to be a wise investment. i would rather take that money and invest it into suspension mods, tires and wheels and other exterior accessories. i mean come on, when we bought our cars we knew that we wasnt getting performance, i mean our cars have adequate power just enough for a fun drive. our cars get great gas milage, the car handles very well, we dont have to worry about premium gas, insurance is cheaper, all in all our cars are well built the way they are.

so my question is. is a turbo worth the investment knowing the long term effects it may have on our cars? unless this kit is under $3000 i wouldnt consider it to be a wise investment. i would rather take that money and invest it into suspension mods, tires and wheels and other exterior accessories. i mean come on, when we bought our cars we knew that we wasnt getting performance, i mean our cars have adequate power just enough for a fun drive. our cars get great gas milage, the car handles very well, we dont have to worry about premium gas, insurance is cheaper, all in all our cars are well built the way they are.

...I would take that $3000 and invest in a new apartment, but thats just me :lol:

Seriously though, I think I will have to agree.

- I knew I was getting 175hp in a 2.5L 4 door sedan with 22-30 mpg.

- I knew I couldn't afford a brand new, stock turboed Legacy/WRX(buying a used WRX/LGT was out of the question for me).

So, I decided to get a pre-owned 2.5i, and I'm glad I did because I am very happy with what I have. It looks beautiful, runs great, attracts the ladies:wub:, and its extremely rare in SE Virginia! It could use some more suspension work, but if this is a daily driver, I think the best option is to keep the car as reliable as possible. In my situation, I do not have another car to fall back on if the 2.5i has problems :p

n.sane...please explain how 4eat is better than 5eat... cuz i got a 4EATS (yay)

i'm planning to drive my 2.5i after this car dies on me... i drive over 40000km a year... so the car'll be done in a few years... i'll get a stock turbo car after this car... but i'll still get a bolt-on for this car cuz i just want turbo... and i dun wanna go through hassle with trade in and all that crap... where i would lose money for sure...

insurance is not that much more on a GT than a N/A, it may be if your like 17yrs old or something or if you have a ton of accidents on your record. but our cars our very reliable why take away the reliablilty by adding a turbo. if performance is what your seeking maybe you should have waited and bought a used GT. our cars handle pretty well with the stock setup. and with modifications to our suspension its comparable to a porshe. so my question is. is a turbo worth the investment knowing the long term effects it may have on our cars? unless this kit is under $3000 i wouldnt consider it to be a wise investment. i would rather take that money and invest it into suspension mods, tires and wheels and other exterior accessories. i mean come on, when we bought our cars we knew that we wasnt getting performance, i mean our cars have adequate power just enough for a fun drive. our cars get great gas milage, the car handles very well, we dont have to worry about premium gas, insurance is cheaper, all in all our cars are well built the way they are.

I didnt buy the car for its straight line speed, but this kit is tempting me. I've got more suspension parts on the way so I've already got that covered. And based on Rallitek's history and service, I'm positive the kit will be very reliable.

n.sane...please explain how 4eat is better than 5eat... cuz i got a 4EATS (yay)

i'm planning to drive my 2.5i after this car dies on me... i drive over 40000km a year... so the car'll be done in a few years... i'll get a stock turbo car after this car... but i'll still get a bolt-on for this car cuz i just want turbo... and i dun wanna go through hassle with trade in and all that crap... where i would lose money for sure...

There's threads with 5EAT issues all over this forum, yet I dont see as many issues with guys who turbo their 4EAT (Foresters and Imprezas). One of the members quoted the 4EAT as bulletproof. One of the members here, whos username I forgot, has a 4EAT Forester with an STi engine, and I dont think hes having any issues.

• 4 weeks later...
LOL. What would you trade it in for? Iunno, I think I'm keeping this car until it dies, so I guess I can wait :spin:

Yeah, I kinda wanna see how long I can keep this car running, but at the same time I want to trade in and get a new WRX/STi soon. Idk. Im not losing sleep over it or anything :lol:

Archived